The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

Creature Editor more Control  XML
Forum Index » Spore Creature Creator
darchon81

Microbe

Ok, so maybe I just cant find the keys to do this but in the building editor you have the ability to hold shift or ctrl I think and move things either just on the vertical or the horizontal. I think that this ability would be a great thing for all the editors(vehicles and creature dont have either).

With this we would be able to really modify how creatures look with half feathers or even floating pieces to give it a 'telekinetic' feel.

Also the ability to flip an orientation on some things.. I mention this from the vehicle editor where you can have a half moon shaped head light. the problem is if you try and flip the moon around to have the arch go from something like ( to ) you end up with the headlights pointing into the vehicle. Perhaps a way to hold a button while you drag from one side to the other to 'flip' orientation?

If anyone knows that this is possible please let me know, otherwise its more of a discussion on how the editor can be improved with this sort of thing.
Kailassa

Microbe

Here's a whole bunch of stuff you might find helpful.

Making Spore buildings or vehicles:

Advanced Editor Controls:
More Rotations: Click to select part, hold down 'TAB' to get 3 rotation rings.
Copying Parts: Hold down 'ALT' and drag a part to make an identical copy of it.
Quick Delete: Select a part and hit 'BACKSPACE'.
Snap To: Windows and doors will automatically line up vertically when placed on a surface.
Directional Placement: Holding 'CTRL' when moving a part moves it on the vertical axis. Holding 'SHIFT' moves it along the horizontal plane.

Advanced Painting/Texturing Controls:
Eyedropper: Hold 'ALT' and click on a region to set your paintbrush to the colour/texture of that region. Use the 3-5 keys to adjust the properties of the dropper (see below).
Painting Multiple Regions: Hold down the 'CTRL' key when painting a region to paint all similar regions at the same time. Use the 1-2 keys to adjust (see below).
Press 1: To make the 'CTRL' key paint the same surface of all blocks.
Press 2: To make the 'CTRL' key paint the same surface of all identical blocks.
Press 3: To make the eyedropper choose colours only.
Press 4 To make the eyedropper choose textures only.
Press 5: To make the eyedropper choose both colours and textures.
Aaarrrggg

Multicellular

Wow that is enormously useful, thx Kail!

[WWW]
Nykara

Multicellular

kailassa wrote:Here's a whole bunch of stuff you might find helpful.

Making Spore buildings or vehicles:

Advanced Editor Controls:
More Rotations: Click to select part, hold down 'TAB' to get 3 rotation rings.
Copying Parts: Hold down 'ALT' and drag a part to make an identical copy of it.
Quick Delete: Select a part and hit 'BACKSPACE'.
Snap To: Windows and doors will automatically line up vertically when placed on a surface.
Directional Placement: Holding 'CTRL' when moving a part moves it on the vertical axis. Holding 'SHIFT' moves it along the horizontal plane.

Eyedropper: Hold 'ALT' and click on a region to set your paintbrush to the colour/texture of that region. Use the 3-5 keys to adjust the properties of the dropper (see below).
Painting Multiple Regions: Hold down the 'CTRL' key when painting a region to paint all similar regions at the same time. Use the 1-2 keys to adjust (see below).

I've seen creatures in the games with floating parts - I know how to do floating parts on buildings but how do you do them on creatures?

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Nykara <-- check out my profile some time if your bored
The building creator is my favorite.
[MSN]
MjrGlory

Civilized Sporeon

Don't know what I'm doing wrong, but 'tab' is not working for my in the building editor. (it does work in the other editors though)
Anyone an idea what's going on perhaps?.....

Click here for my mech sporecast. You know you will enjoy it..

Monkey0401

Multicellular

Is this how people get different colors on different parts of their creatures? I do a lot of riders, and I always have trouble differentiating the two creatures by color.

DVDMaster

Civilized Sporeon

MjrGlory wrote:Don't know what I'm doing wrong, but 'tab' is not working for my in the building editor. (it does work in the other editors though)

Building base parts only have 1 rotation axis (tab doesn't work). To rotate them in other directions you can to place them on a connector part and then rotate the connector.
See all about buildings at http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/39172.page

[WWW]
sjhorm

Spacefaring Sporeling

MjrGlory wrote:Don't know what I'm doing wrong, but 'tab' is not working for my in the building editor. (it does work in the other editors though)

Does anyone realize that this is a 2 year necro?

What is Spore

[WWW]
MjrGlory

Civilized Sporeon

DVDMaster wrote:

Building base parts only have 1 rotation axis (tab doesn't work). To rotate them in other directions you can to place them on a connector part and then rotate the connector.
See all about buildings at http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/39172.page

many thanks for that!

Click here for my mech sporecast. You know you will enjoy it..

greenie3

Civilized Sporeon

OMG... I never knew you could do that! All this time... I've been painting every little bit on my buildings one by one... and i could've just done that!? *faints* Don't know how im still talking but thats cool!

My creations are Here
[ICQ]
echof0xtrot

Microbe

Kailassa wrote:

is this for creatures, or something else (buildings/vehicles/ships)? can i use it in the creature creator (not core spore)?

every creation deserves a story. click below to see unique examples.

Check out my Elemental Asian Dragon Sporecast!

Forum Index » Spore Creature Creator
Go to: