The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

Login Failed - error connecting to Spore servers  XML
Forum Index » Spore Help
iFerrari

Microbe

Have been having this message ever since I first purchased and installed the game almost 2 weeks ago.
There is nothing wrong with my internet connection.
I can not register the game.

How do you fix this problem?

Am using Windows 7 Pro – 64 bit

Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/27/2013 00:35:50

Solar2

Microbe

Have same os as you but on an iMac running osx mountain lion. I think there's something wrong with the servers so yeah... HALP US PLZ HALP!

Hi.
Driconus

Microbe

I'm on the same boat as well,I can't register either

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/27/2013 17:32:57

dinolizard12753

MouthBreather

chasing crickets in my tank and eating them.

do you guys get your game from Steam.

[WWW]
Solar2

Microbe

dinolizard12753 wrote:do you guys get your game from Steam.

Nope, amazon. Mines EA Classics version.

Hi.
dinolizard12753

MouthBreather

chasing crickets in my tank and eating them.

EA Classics version

I never herd of that.

But most people who can't get on uselly got their game from Steam. there is no fix that I'm aware of.

[WWW]
iFerrari

Microbe

dinolizard12753 wrote:do you guys get your game from Steam.

I purchased the boxed set at a Target.

Driconus

Microbe

I got mine on Origin actually.I think EA may have pulled the plug because they removed spore from orgin and you can't buy it there anymore
Darako666

Microbe

i cant log in either, but if you go to spore.com you can still see people post stuff on sporepedia... so idk what the hell is going on...
spgilmore

Microbe

We bought ours in a box from Target. The game's "create login" screen doesn't actually do anything when you click submit. If you try to "proceed", it tells me that a previous registration of my name was successful and I have already been registered. I know that this is true because I can log in on these forums and I got confirmation emails about the registration. But I cannot log into the game because it tells me that the servers are unavailable or my computer is not online. I have turned off my firewall, I can obviously connect to spore.com and I can play other online games just fine. So I tried to find the "server status" on spore.com that the game mentions. On the website, the login itself is broken. The main link goes to a broken page with bad layouts and missing content, which only ever reports that my login is unknown (again, obviously not true since I logged into this forum and am posting this message). So I tried the customer service link. It's completely broken. Not a good sign.

We have paid for this game and expect to be able to play it. We got this at a brick and mortar store, so I don't really care about what distribution channels they support. They have my money and they had better support it. Anyone have any ideas how to raise some hell?
FelixYan

Microbe

spgilmore wrote:We bought ours in a box from Target. The game's "create login" screen doesn't actually do anything when you click submit. If you try to "proceed", it tells me that a previous registration of my name was successful and I have already been registered. I know that this is true because I can log in on these forums and I got confirmation emails about the registration. But I cannot log into the game because it tells me that the servers are unavailable or my computer is not online. I have turned off my firewall, I can obviously connect to spore.com and I can play other online games just fine. So I tried to find the "server status" on spore.com that the game mentions. On the website, the login itself is broken. The main link goes to a broken page with bad layouts and missing content, which only ever reports that my login is unknown (again, obviously not true since I logged into this forum and am posting this message). So I tried the customer service link. It's completely broken. Not a good sign.

We have paid for this game and expect to be able to play it. We got this at a brick and mortar store, so I don't really care about what distribution channels they support. They have my money and they had better support it. Anyone have any ideas how to raise some hell?

I have exactly the same problem with you, except that I got mine from Steam.

Two months later after my purchase now, and still no able to login.
DOGC_Kyle

Civilized Sporeon

The South of the North (Southern Ontario, Canada)

Everyone, this is an issue of the game not being linked to your account.

First, check if your profile shows on Spore.com. To do this, go to http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/YourSporeUsername and it will either show a profile or "The user you requested was not found". If it shows a profile, check if it says "Games Owned: Spore".

If you see a profile and it says "Games Owned: Spore" on the left:
Make sure you are using the correct email and password, and try to login to the game again. If it does not work, wait a few hours and try again.

If you see a profile and it does NOT say that you own Spore:
You will need to contact EA Customer Support and have them link your game to your account.

If you see "The user you requested was not found.":
You will also need to contact EA Customer Support and have them link your game to your account.

Also, just so everyone knows, SporeMasters are not EA or Maxis employees, we are just normal players that have moderator powers on the Sporum. We cannot do anything for you here except answer questions and guide you to where you need to go for help.

Kyle N // DOGC_Kyle
My Spore Page // Gave up on adventures for now, decided to try making Spore 2 instead
// Sometimes participating in Project Multispore (multiplayer galaxy)
// Livestreaming Spore and other games at https://mixer.com/Kyle_Necrowolf

Relax, said the SMs,
Your posts have been received,
You can log out any time you like,
But you can never leave!
[WWW]
christopher0936

Microbe

DOGC_Kyle wrote:Everyone, this is an issue of the game not being linked to your account.

First, check if your profile shows on Spore.com. To do this, go to http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/YourSporeUsername and it will either show a profile or "The user you requested was not found". If it shows a profile, check if it says "Games Owned: Spore".

If you see a profile and it says "Games Owned: Spore" on the left:
Make sure you are using the correct email and password, and try to login to the game again. If it does not work, wait a few hours and try again.

If you see a profile and it does NOT say that you own Spore:
You will need to contact EA Customer Support and have them link your game to your account.

If you see "The user you requested was not found.":
You will also need to contact EA Customer Support and have them link your game to your account.

Also, just so everyone knows, SporeMasters are not EA or Maxis employees, we are just normal players that have moderator powers on the Sporum. We cannot do anything for you here except answer questions and guide you to where you need to go for help.

NECRO! how do I contact EA?
christopher0936

Microbe

I just found https://help.ea.com/uk/article/spore-login-issue-for-new-origin-customers
Atlanteans

Microbe

This is what I think happened. It sounds like they might have let go a lot! of people ever since the economy went down. Just not much people to do something about it. If i cant log on, ill petition to get back my money since these days some idiots are doing things just to get a quick buck' im just kidding. I let my sister play my account and she had no problem till i decided to give it a go after 4 yrs. LoL why does this happen to me.

Forum Index » Spore Help
Go to: