The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
What happens when your captain reaches level ten?  XML
Forum Index » Spore Galactic Adventures
Shadow_Ruler9513

Multicellular

Center of the Galaxy, commanding the Grox, dissing Steve, and shooting fireballs at you

I have not yet gotten to level ten with my captain (there aren't enough adventures yet). Has anyone gotten to level ten? If so, can you still unlock captain parts somehow?

Your home planets up next on the Demonicanics' "path of planet busting", just to let you know
CrazyChaos

MouthBreather

You get the acheivement, you get one step closer to another acheivement, you unlock your last part the same way you get any other part. then you have a Level 10 Captain with a fancy name and 10 Captain Parts to play with.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/11/2009 00:15:51

gremlinbob

Civilized Sporeon

Wait,does that mean we cant unlock all the parts?

Awesome sigs by ClintostheGreat CubeTubeMan, Bookmagician, and MELONLORD!
I frequently create transformers. Hit me up if you would like one sometime.
CrazyChaos

MouthBreather

Nope, only Ten.

Shadow_Ruler9513

Multicellular

Center of the Galaxy, commanding the Grox, dissing Steve, and shooting fireballs at you

sorry if someone else already made this thread.

Your home planets up next on the Demonicanics' "path of planet busting", just to let you know
gremlinbob

Civilized Sporeon

wow,that sucks

Awesome sigs by ClintostheGreat CubeTubeMan, Bookmagician, and MELONLORD!
I frequently create transformers. Hit me up if you would like one sometime.
Shadow_Ruler9513

Multicellular

dangit, now my captain will never reach his full potential

CrazyChaos

MouthBreather

I think what they were aiming for is so that we don't have a captain that has everything (not like it's exactly possible with the complexity) But they want us to create certain captains for certain adventures, the problem is, almost every adventure involves combat, so every captain is pretty much required to unlock some warrior or shaman parts, and sometimes we receive adventures that we cannot complete, which almost makes us need to unlock all of the parts just to complete what ever adventures we end up receiving...they should've probably created a system that checks what your captain has, and what a captain might need to complete certain adventures then match them up

Sakiara

Civilized Sporeon

CrazyChaos wrote:I think what they were aiming for is so that we don't have a captain that has everything (not like it's exactly possible with the complexity) But they want us to create certain captains for certain adventures, the problem is, almost every adventure involves combat, so every captain is pretty much required to unlock some warrior or shaman parts, and sometimes we receive adventures that we cannot complete, which almost makes us need to unlock all of the parts just to complete what ever adventures we end up receiving...they should've probably created a system that checks what your captain has, and what a captain might need to complete certain adventures then match them up

I don't agree with this. The only way I can't complete an adventure is due to glitches or an incomplete-able adventure. It's not due to the parts I have. For my captain, I have 4 or 5 skill in all social skills, jump, sneak, glide, and sprint, and take warrior captain parts for the combat skills. There hasn't been an adventure yet where I need more then that.

Amazing sigs made by G3NJI and world_piece. Thank you very much guys, I really love and appreciate both of them!!

My Profile || All About Buildings || Your Favorite Creators || How to find out who your subscribers are
[WWW]
Prometheus09

Civilized Sporeon

Sakiara wrote:
CrazyChaos wrote:I think what they were aiming for is so that we don't have a captain that has everything (not like it's exactly possible with the complexity) But they want us to create certain captains for certain adventures, the problem is, almost every adventure involves combat, so every captain is pretty much required to unlock some warrior or shaman parts, and sometimes we receive adventures that we cannot complete, which almost makes us need to unlock all of the parts just to complete what ever adventures we end up receiving...they should've probably created a system that checks what your captain has, and what a captain might need to complete certain adventures then match them up

I don't agree with this. The only way I can't complete an adventure is due to glitches or an incomplete-able adventure. It's not due to the parts I have. For my captain, I have 4 or 5 skill in all social skills, jump, sneak, glide, and sprint, and take warrior captain parts for the combat skills. There hasn't been an adventure yet where I need more then that.

Indeed. Ditto that... if the base creature has decent stats to begin with, then the Captain parts are just icing on the cake, really. I play adventures just like any video game... try to avoid harm/death, try to find bonuses/powerups, and try to win. Sometimes I fail because I just don't have the right strategy, and I try again. Sometimes, less often, I fail because the mission itself is just poorly made. But usually, a change in strategy can complete a mission. I've scoured the records of my mission, and found that many of the top ten players played it two or three times until they got it just right... just like ANY video game. Granted, sometimes the adventures are simply unbeatable, but usually not.

Galactic Adventures... looks like it's going to be another non-tanned summer!
Prometheus09's Profile
[WWW]
tyrannolodon

GalacticGod

When you have to befriend someone who has max stat bard parts you my friends are screwed royally.

Prometheus09

Civilized Sporeon

tyrannolodon wrote:When you have to befriend someone who has max stat bard parts you my friends are screwed royally.

Hey, my captain is like level 2 or 3, and has barely any social ability. Therefore, I avoid missions that require such skills. If somehow I get "tricked" into playing one, then I lose. I'm not crying over spilled milk... captains can only have so many parts, and so that's the benefit of trying missions with different captains.

Galactic Adventures... looks like it's going to be another non-tanned summer!
Prometheus09's Profile
[WWW]
Ryuujin

Civilized Sporeon

Sakiara wrote:I don't agree with this. The only way I can't complete an adventure is due to glitches or an incomplete-able adventure. It's not due to the parts I have. For my captain, I have 4 or 5 skill in all social skills, jump, sneak, glide, and sprint, and take warrior captain parts for the combat skills. There hasn't been an adventure yet where I need more then that.

Sorry Sakiara I have to disagree here

My basic creature had rather poor social stats, but I did pick up the diplomat dance and sing parts, and yet I've encountered missions where I was expected to befriend a character with bard parts. I simply couldn't finish that mission even though I had GA social parts.

Another mission I was expected to have glide, again something I lack and have no room for.

While it's possible to make a creature especially for adventuring with 5 in every stat, players don't want to have to design some kind of god-hero species especially for their space game, they want to play as the species they developed and love. And if they do that they run the risk of routinely being assigned missions they just can't finish.

Should it be up to players to all play samey races with wings, sneak sprint etc built in, or should we be allowed to play whatever race we choose and then develop technologies that compensate for our natural failings? - Afterall, humans are one giant natural failing (We can't fly, spit poison, lack camoflage, can't run fast or jump high, poor strength and stamina, no armour, no claws or sharp teeth), but if they cannot achieve a goal, they develop new technologies for it.

Heck one of the GA adverts was "from zero to intergalactic hero" - not "from godly-species to epic-godly species"

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 07/11/2009 11:32:48

tyrannolodon

GalacticGod

Prometheus09 wrote:
tyrannolodon wrote:When you have to befriend someone who has max stat bard parts you my friends are screwed royally.

Hey, my captain is like level 2 or 3, and has barely any social ability. Therefore, I avoid missions that require such skills. If somehow I get "tricked" into playing one, then I lose. I'm not crying over spilled milk... captains can only have so many parts, and so that's the benefit of trying missions with different captains.

I play through the space stage, I can only have one captain genius.

Ryuujin

Civilized Sporeon

tyrannolodon wrote:I play through the space stage, I can only have one captain genius.

Thank you! - I was beginning to wonder if people realised not everyone has the luxury of multiple captains.

Forum Index » Spore Galactic Adventures
Go to: