The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

Messages posted by: Garfielf
Forum Index » Profile for Garfielf » Messages posted by Garfielf
Author Message
http://www.spore.com/what/ds?language=en&creature=Tonnep:t8;a0.-54.8;b1.0.-37;c0.-66.16;d15.0.0;e1.0.0:t5;i2:i1;i6;x28;y45;s130;r36:l3;i5;x7;y36;s130;r0:e4;i1;x-23;y-10;s99;r0:d3;i7;x-26;y1;s69;r-137:a6;i3;x18;y7;s127;r0:a2;i4;x14;y-
Plausible chicken nugget?
I'll contribute! Watch for my creations in the tag.
ilovemigz wrote:
Garfielf wrote:
ilovemigz wrote:
Garfielf wrote:Your writing is very good. It's descriptive and shows action well. However, it's not as much sci-fi as it is fantasy.


Thanks mate. I tried to blend the two elements, like a Flash Gordon or Star Wars type setting.


I think you pulled that off well. I'd recommend using vague hints at some kind of scientific force (it doesn't have to be detailed) by maybe somehow suggesting the actions someone took to achieve an action such as moving pillars of lava. For example: "Her hand shattered in screaming veins of orange, spitting their napalm energy into a tectonic shift from fables of old."


Woah your descriptions are good
And not just good - I kinda got lost on what you said on the second paragraph after the comma, lol. I'm not so well-versed in words generally enough I'm afraid

Are you suggesting I hint or suggest something like the Force?

P.S I should also inform that one of the strengths of the prologue is how cliché-ridden it is. EVERYONE knows what magic and mages are, and that's the anchor point of familiarity that readers can get welcomed by - then shifting to the alien world of the first chapter (with the prologue's familiarity - mages and magic - kept in check.)


Not necessarily the Force, just imply some kind of technological explanation for the occurrences without necessarily getting caught up on explaining it.
ilovemigz wrote:
Garfielf wrote:Your writing is very good. It's descriptive and shows action well. However, it's not as much sci-fi as it is fantasy.


Thanks mate. I tried to blend the two elements, like a Flash Gordon or Star Wars type setting.


I think you pulled that off well. I'd recommend using vague hints at some kind of scientific force (it doesn't have to be detailed) by maybe somehow suggesting the actions someone took to achieve an action such as moving pillars of lava. For example: "Her hand shattered in screaming veins of orange, spitting their napalm energy into a tectonic shift from fables of old."
Your writing is very good. It's descriptive and shows action well. However, it's not as much sci-fi as it is fantasy.
I'd love to participate in this, but do you have any examples of creations? I'd like to have some basis of what kind of things exist in the universe.
The body compositions are all entirely unique and interesting. None of them are things I would expect to find in game, and are very imaginative. And I'll certainly try remaking the Mibakéwa!
Cool stuff! Want me to remake any of it?
If anyone has sentient creatures or lineages of creatures they want me to remake, please link them below.
Things I will do:
-Remake a lineage
-Remake a sentient creature
-Evolve an early creature to the Space stage

Things I cannot/will not do:
-CREEPY AND CUTE/GALACTIC ADVENTURES REMAKES!! I cannot share any creatures with Creepy and Cute or Galactic Adventures parts.
-Remakes of creatures from existing media
-Remake a creature if only an outfitted version is provided

For me to remake your creature, you MUST send the unoutfitted version (you can also provide the outfitted version for reference), and include the Sporepedia link or the PNG. I will post the remade creatures on this thread, and maybe even make a set for your creature if I find it interesting enough.
I like the inspiration behind them, but ultimately the color scheme is very dull and they all look pretty similar. I'd suggest using more square shapes, or a variety of shapes in general. Look at Parkaboy's vehicles for a good example of that variation.
The outfitting's very good. However, the colors are a little dull, and the eyes look odd. Maybe cover them in nose parts next time to make them appear smaller and more humanlike. 8/10
NES Godzilla Creepypasta creatures:

Not-Varan

Not-Gezora

Usol
More contests and events would do it for me. I get tired of interacting with the same few toxic kiddos.
MoonwalkingZear wrote:Oh God. If you people wish to continue this then take it to the Town Hall. Right. Now. Are you going to argue or are we going to talk about video games and other forms of media?!

sure, have you guys heard of Spore? it's a real cool game, super obscure though
nutella8888 wrote:
I. Am. Not. Selina. I have already proven this.

Is that supposed to be the proof?
The reason people ask why you read her posts is because there's literally zero logical explanation for reading the personal blog and forum posts of somebody you claim to barely know, let alone knowing about them at all. Also, those last pieces of "evidence" are entirely fake. Changes in your artstyle can be explained by you becoming older and developing your style. As for your creation styles, they're nearly identical. There are only very slight differences in your creation styles. And for that last piece of "evidence," the only way you could possibly know that is if you spent a ton of time snooping through Selina's posts. And why would you do something like that if you have no affiliation with this person?
 
Forum Index » Profile for Garfielf » Messages posted by Garfielf
Go to:   
 
Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © ( EA Dev Build 2018-08-14 15:53:40 ) JForum Team