The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

Messages posted by: chantal71
Forum Index » Profile for chantal71 » Messages posted by chantal71
Author Message
*Gets Down On All Fours*
I don't know what's worse: The Star Wars reference, or the fact that this was planned for months.
May the fours be with you.
CaptnSunny wrote:
alexbiri wrote:

chantal does not approve

miss ya chantal D:
frogies wrote:Dear staff of DCIX,

This might be it. After frequent and increasingly severe provocations to the community, I’ve put some thought into my behaviors and actions over night, and came to the conclusion that it might be best for you, the community, and myself that I draw the line here and part ways. I enjoyed contributing to this cause as well as my stay here, but it seems as though my time is up.

I hope you enjoyed my stay here as much as I did, and I hope you enjoy your contributions to this work further on down the road the same way I enjoyed mine.

Until we see each other again,
Frogies

I'd first like to apologise to you for any ill bearings that I may have caused to or around you in the past. I know that I've been questionable around you, but a limited part of my opinions have changed in your favour, and so I feel little to no resentment towards you anymore.

SissyGamer wrote:
chantal71 wrote:I've been considering joining this Clash a few times to recycle my characters and other assets from my ill-fated spinoff of Dimensional Clash VI, but I've been left worried that my ideas will be prevented from happening because of the apparent bias in favour of character-based interaction, most specifically a certain omnipotent question mark. Fortunately, I don't plan on being too active, and will likely only make a few big appearances on occasion. Would you say that it's a good idea to join this one, or should I wait for the next?


this is up to you, but if you want to go for a very fresh start since we're basically in the middle of the clash now, then i think you should wait for the next clash

however, people can still join this clash, but if you want yet another fresh start for this one then i would suggest waiting for the location to switch (which i don't exactly know when that will happen). if you choose this way, i'll tell you when it has switched
thank you for considering to join by the way! should you ever decide to join, we'll hopefully get along well

Second, thank you for welcoming me. Considering the apparently tumultuous nature of recent events among the existing membership, I have decided to wait a while in case the current Dimensional Clash is potentially on the verge of an abrupt end. Once my primary ambitions on Spore have been fulfilled, I'll come back here and assess the situation, from where I'll hopefully get to join either this Clash, or the next.

If you'd like to notify me of any such events as suggested, then feel free to do so via Spore comments. If I want to stay focused on my main Spore project, I might have to remain inactive from the Sporum itself, and so, a PM might not be as effective as otherwise desired in this case.
Just you wait for when I return.
I do not intend to provoke or challenge anyone in so doing.
Three screennames. Hundreds of creations. A coherent plot.
Comrade, bickering is not the proper way of socialist emulation.
And it's all just an updated installation away.
I've been considering joining this Clash a few times to recycle my characters and other assets from my ill-fated spinoff of Dimensional Clash VI, but I've been left worried that my ideas will be prevented from happening because of the apparent bias in favour of character-based interaction, most specifically a certain omnipotent question mark. Fortunately, I don't plan on being too active, and will likely only make a few big appearances on occasion. Would you say that it's a good idea to join this one, or should I wait for the next?
Ò̴̧̡͞N̴͟͏̢͝É̶
̵̢̡
̢͞͞T̴́W͏̢͏̴͠O҉͡
̢̡̕
̡̡Ơ̡͜͞͞A̷T̷́M͏̷̛͏Ȩ͘͡A̵L͜͟͜͟
I like part of the way that you addressed diversity in Spore, but it still sounds a bit Human-centric in some places. Spore is a video game about the development of alien races on distant planets, and so should not center around any Human social and cultural mores, and not just those of the white man. Any game hoping to become Spore 2 must take into account that past the Creature Stage, the most fundamental necessity would be the ability to create and develop a unique alien culture suited to the specific circumstances of the player species and it's environment, and the various ideas, ideologies and philosophies that would emerge from this culture. We need a wide variety of options across all fields of cultural and societal evolution, forming from and adapting to the play style and the various choices and adaptations which must be made throughout gameplay, with the various combinations of these choices allowing the player to shape custom ideas from them. And furthermore, maybe there are species that don't inherently split up into various societies. I'm certain that societies which have always remained united are entirely possible, as are species that have remained exclusive to certain habitats instead of spreading across the world, and I firmly believe that these features should be present in any serious successor to Spore.

And of course, the history of the developing species also needs such an overhaul. There needs to be better representation for natural selection than just befriending and hunting, as well as climate changes and mass extinctions which actually affect gameplay and force the player to adapt, like in actual evolution. Over all, Spore 2 needs much more flexibility in it's gameplay, as well as more options allowing for the development of unique worlds. Only then will we get to know the true Spore experience.
Three months ago, in the Gaming & Media Open Thread, chantal71 wrote:I'll be back in three months. I don't plan to come back with a vengeance. I need to stop procrastinating.

As promised, I'm back. Don't expect me to stay for too long this time, either. Because I still need to stop procrastinating.
For a few reasons, but more importantly to stop this from escalating, I'd like to stop contributing to this discussion right now, but first, to show this quote:
Sharples65 wrote:I do not even think they are aware of what they are 'doing wrong', as is Gabrieltheman00 when he visits here.

Gabriele came for only about a day. I won't bother pointing out why I singled out this phrase, in part because it would be redundant by now.
At least it might help.
I'll be back in three months. I don't plan to come back with a vengeance. I need to stop procrastinating.
I have some Sporecasts, and I can confirm that creations and adventures may get deleted anyway outside of them, just not in the Sporecasts themselves. It's not a complete solution.
Sharples65 wrote:You've just given them the attention they want; and I should know. I did near similar cases back when I first started on the Sporum. There's nothing we can do about this other than live and move on with it.

Maybe by giving attention to such users, they will be appeased, and will have no further need to continue on with it until that short burst runs out. As far as I'm concerned, this approach could possibly become a win-win situation, but as we can see here:

nutella8888 wrote:
chantal71 wrote:
InfestedRP wrote:
nutella8888 wrote:[url to BEYBLADE WIKI]


And I thought being on the Sporum was bad...

Here I was, thinking that she was trying to improve, what with that post in the Art thread. But nooo, I was wrong, because once again, we just got evidence that maybe she doesn't really care after all.

Way to be rude. >:<

This user seems to prefer positive attention. If I can give some advice to her without passing as someone judgmental, at least any more than usual, I doubt that anyone else currently active on the Sporum still plays Animal Jam or cares very much for those characters that you seem to like. This place isn't what it used to be back when Spore was still relatively new, when there were so many people coming in and out that by talking about those things, people could identify and befriend such people. There's a much more stable userbase now, one that's aged with the game, so you're probably rarely, if ever, going to get positive praise for what you most often post here. My previous point, then, could be rephrased like this:

If you care about Spore, then the Sporum is the place for that. If you care about anything, then surely there are all sorts of places for each of them. Some of these places can mix with ease due to, possibly among other things, related subject matter and/or people or types of people in common, but others are rather distant from one another in these ways. You tried to find a connection here, but as we can see, it's worked out with less success than you'd hoped, and I mean even before I started talking about it, so I suggest and hope for you to learn how to keep each thing where it works best. That'll hopefully work out for everyone.
LuckyCloverDuck wrote:
chantal71 wrote:Here I was, thinking that she was trying to improve, what with that post in the Art thread. But nooo, I was wrong, because once again, we just got evidence that maybe she doesn't really care after all.

i like how you took the time out of your day to forgive a 12-year-old obsessed with some french guy's acid trip whale abominations for purposely wasting and disrupting hundreds of people's hard-earned time and energy, but are now harassing someone possibly older than said 12-year-old for having interests other than yours

As far as I've seen, there's a very thin line between maturity and immaturity here on the Sporum. Many of the users still here, myself included, post remarks that would be out of place in any rational discussion board, often on a daily basis, yet I can still see a difference between them and certain types among the inexperienced, chief among them being the ability to not be defined by one's native interests and/or fanbases.

You, the aptly-named LuckyCloverDuck, happen to be mature, but very close to said line, because while your dominant preference are the Teensies and other Rayman concepts, it's more of a trait, an underlying flavour of user, while you still manage to fit in with the community of half-slackers over on Spore.com, and therefore also the one here to a competent extent. On the other hand, the user in question has shown to us so far to most often be a source of Animal Jam achievements and, as we've just seen, fangirling, both qualities irrelevent in this form to the type of banter typically found on the Sporum, and would be more in place with a community of like-minded people. To that end, I could argue that my actions here are more of an encouragement to said user to make or find oneself a generally beneficial place online, whether here or not.

Sharples65 wrote:Ignore them.

That won't do anything to the problems. I realise that my methods are questionable, but if they worked in 2013 and onwards, then there's no reason why they shouldn't still work. Hence the above point.
As far as I know, being a parts pack, C&C cannot be played. To get the benefits from it, you'll have to play regular Spore or Galactic Adventures instead.
Sharples65 wrote:
chantal71 wrote:
InfestedRP wrote:
nutella8888 wrote:[url to BEYBLADE WIKI]


And I thought being on the Sporum was bad...

Here I was, thinking that she was trying to improve, what with that post in the Art thread. But nooo, I was wrong, because once again, we just got evidence that maybe she doesn't really care after all.


Does it really matter?

Problems like these are why prejudice exists.
dylans04 wrote:give us seaport colonies give us seaport colonies give us seaport colonies

So even if I remembered to ask if that were possible, there still wouldn't be a way? I mean, there has to be a hotkey for that somewhere...
 
Forum Index » Profile for chantal71 » Messages posted by chantal71
Go to:   
 
Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © ( EA Dev Build 2018-08-14 15:53:40 ) JForum Team