The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Flora Editor?  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
soccerskyman

Microbe

I been hearing about the "Flora Editor" alot recently. I have heard many things about how & when it is going to be realeased but, I just can't seem to find an answer that is constant. I have heard that it will be made in an expansion pack. I have heard it is already in-game, but it is so buggy, that they will lock it up untill a future patch. ect. Anybody know when and/or where is this thing going to be availiable?

Parvati

Civilized Sporeon

soccerskyman wrote:I been hearing about the "Flora Editor" alot recently. I have heard many things about how & when it is going to be realeased but, I just can't seem to find an answer that is constant. I have heard that it will be made in an expansion pack. I have heard it is already in-game, but it is so buggy, that they will lock it up untill a future patch. ect. Anybody know when and/or where is this thing going to be availiable?

Highlighted that for you
Nobody knows anything about a possible release of a flora editor.

Anyone who claims differently today is full of it.
warspite2

Multicellular

I wonder this myself but I have not heard anything regarding it other then it will be available. As far as when or how it will be available I don't think anyone knows yet.

Have a nice day and SPORE ON!

RedLightning777

Civilized Sporeon

soccerskyman wrote:I been hearing about the "Flora Editor" alot recently. I have heard many things about how & when it is going to be realeased but, I just can't seem to find an answer that is constant. I have heard that it will be made in an expansion pack. I have heard it is already in-game, but it is so buggy, that they will lock it up untill a future patch. ect. Anybody know when and/or where is this thing going to be availiable?

I think that they put the two buggy creators (older betas) in spore to throw us off the scent (why else would they leave them in there.. I think they are done!!!! and were withheld to sell to us later. IMHO

The castle crumbles from within. Outsiders will not notice till the last of the walls come down.
Guineh

Multicellular

Don't hold your breath for it. You might turn blue and die.

"We come in peace! Shoot to Kill"
SunGodRa

Multicellular

Yep. It sure is in the game...

You could be right there Red (not rolling eyes at you )

Hail to the Sun God, he sure is a fun God. RA! RA! RA!
The General Discussion Sporum Buddy List
[WWW]
RedLightning777

Civilized Sporeon

SunGodRa wrote:Yep. It sure is in the game...

I never would have believed that you did roll your eyes at me Dont even worry about that...

It just doesnt make sense that they would leave these so called buggy creators in the game, maxis made plants, yet we cannot... maxis made planets .. yet we cannot... maxis even made CELLS but we cannot ... give me a break.. there must be working ones somewhere, but they are NOT in the game.... I smell greed... IMHO of course.

The castle crumbles from within. Outsiders will not notice till the last of the walls come down.
soccerskyman

Microbe

Well, looks I will be file searching again, like I did in sims 2. Wish me luck.

*Thinks for a second* Wait.... Maby I should just google it. LOL.

thefrostman2

Civilized Sporeon

Thefrostman2 has summoned the lockmobile 15 times....

cool

[WWW]
creatorjeff

Microbe

http://spore.wikia.com/wiki/Flora_editor

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/23/2008 01:10:40

U no the drill CLICK THE DRAGON EGG

[WWW]
mrmonster

MouthBreather

trapped in my house because of the giant snow bank that randomly happened

soccerskyman wrote:

Well, looks I will be file searching again, like I did in sims 2. Wish me luck.

*Thinks for a second* Wait.... Maby I should just google it. LOL.

sweet but i did the target line stuff how do i acces it??

[Email] [MSN]
ramathlehi

Microbe

I found out how to get into the cell editor, but u cant play the cells -_-, they have some pretty sweet parts, 5 pages of the same parts, but with diffrent styles. If you want to see this editor, instead of -state:FloraEditor, you put in-state:CellEditor, as i remember.....
RedLightning777

Civilized Sporeon

Another thought I've had In my Humble Opinion of course....

I personally believe that they put them in there, cause they knew it was only a matter of time before they were found... and exhibitioned to you. You start drooling over them... yet the fact remains the same, there is a working one somewhere. In perfect condition possibly, cause Just about as many plants as there were creatures made by Maxis are present in the game In My Humble Opinion.

Even if the plant editor was hard to use.. they could have included one of their all famous SporeDay Tutorials right on the front page, or informed the differences in the help page. Even a warning that it was beta.. would have sufficied. not that this whole game hasnt seemed like a beta release to begin with in my humble opinion.

The wind has changed and picked up pace , I'm starting to smell the fish market that we have down the street. I honestly feel almost Enraged that the editors have been held back. YET they were USED to create plants and planets and cells. Seems to me that ALL the editors (Wholly.. ALL!!) are just the SAME EDITOR WITH DIFFERENT PARTS and possibly a couple lines of code modification! You cannot tell me for one second that Maxis does not have working ones. The ones that you enable with the switches are in my opinion old betas to tantalize and dazzle to the point you JUST WANT IT! And for a great number of people, who have taken that bait, will in fact run out and buy it when it comes out! No matter the cost. Greed factor again... in my humble opinion.

They know that they can make good, and make a vast majority of us actually pleased with this game while at the same time keeping it expandable (infinitely if they wanted) and adorable (I really dont mind either way, if it has eyes who cares ), but no...greed was chosen over the customer... and in the sorry state that this country (USA) is in, that is pretty much a low blow, infinitely low, in my humble opinion.

These words are based on the assumption that there is a working set of missing editors somewhere, the planet editor especially as I've seen it work.. with my own eyes!

I could be wrong. Though in my mind, I wouldn't put it past them. If there had not been videos, unmistakable videos.... none of this even would be an issue right now. If there was no plants in the entire game .. you could convince me one does not exist... there is a working one thats apparent. Perhaps they just disabled the save in this demo.... to make everyone drool.. and pay double what the product is even worth, if in fact they end up selling it to us later in an overpriced pack.

Ramble ramble, there I go again.....

Appreciation is in order for all the readers that made it this far Have a wonderful Day/night/evening/morning.

Edited for clarification.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 10/23/2008 02:58:26

CopperWolf

Spacefaring Sporeling

Is it safe to modify the game files like that

Signature by Didzo.
[WWW]
jadebullet

Multicellular

Don't forget how some people have found "hidden" inaccessable parts deep in the games files which have been spotted in cute and creepy.

My profile.
My Sporecasts

Click on the images to see my favorite sporecasts.
Spice Industry..............Hoplight Freighter..............Golden Series..............The ugly..............Kitorian Empire

Still boycotting the parts pack.

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: