The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

Post your final forum thoughts ITT  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Author Message
sapient2

Multicellular

Joined: 01/14/2018 19:45:40
Messages: 145
Offline

i don’t have anything insightful or funny to say about the forum but if you’re writing about the shutdown of the forum you SPORE well quote me as the opening line before everyone else
made this thread so the announcement thread can have more discussions about the EA Answers HQ

For real though, here are my thoughts:
Nemo Ramjet in All Tomorrows wrote:It did not have a coherent ending, but then again it did not need to. The tale of Humanity was never its ultimate domination of a thousand galaxies, or its mysterious exit into the unknown. The essence of being human was none of that. Instead, it lay in the radio conversations of the still-human Machines, in the daily lives of the bizarrely twisted Bug Facers, in the endless love-songs of the carefree Hedonists, the rebellious demonstrations of the first true Martians, and in a way, the very life you lead at the moment.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 08/05/2018 23:08:10

Include me in the screencap!
Quetzaldactyl

MouthBreather

Joined: 12/06/2015 21:13:52
Messages: 663
Offline

All these years and still no Water Stage mod.

smh

May or may not be a Thrive sleeper agent.

Ex0dus_

Microbe

Joined: 08/16/2011 14:03:51
Messages: 23
Offline

Whenever I was here, it was a very enjoyable experience to get involved through it all, the good and the bad, the RP's and the drama. I especially liked it in it's earlier days, with more activity and less scrutiny, making for more memorable moments. But, with EA as it is now, I can't see myself getting anything less than a permaban for the things that I could do here back in the Sporum's heyday that I enjoyed at times, and that got me notorious.

Needless to say, I will not be joining the new Sporum, and will soon start archiving the threads and moments which are most important to me to keep. I don't know how much and/or exactly how, but I'll be keeping at the very least most of the roleplays that I've been in, not that I haven't made archives of those before. I got Discord earlier this year, and am considering joining one or more of the more well-known servers, but that isn't as certain until Spore.com itself gets shut down. So, thank you everyone for the memories and the distractions. A long period of work is ahead of me in the coming weeks as I scramble to preserve our beautiful asylum. Farewell and good luck to most of you; I'll remember all of you in therapy.

Best regards,

Chantal71
SajtosKifli117

Multicellular

Joined: 06/25/2017 18:01:25
Messages: 108
Location:
Paks, Hungary

Offline

I'll miss the forum signatures, all of them contained something spetacular, informative, or funny content in form of images, banners, GIFs, quotes, and links that directed to Sporepedia pages, amazing creations, YouTube channels and so on.

"I hope our creatures will meet.
Captain Daniel Brawglis won't."
LordOfSpode

Microbe

Joined: 11/29/2017 09:16:36
Messages: 95
Location:
rip sporum 1856 - 2018

Offline

It's sad to see the forum finally dying, after all these years.
See you all next Thursday.

it me
dragonBoy2006

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 10/28/2015 15:19:10
Messages: 1675
Location:
7-day suspension

Offline

It's funny that this forum is dying, outdated pos with bad mods (besides kyle) and bad people (besides dounttron)

cardiackid

Spacefaring Sporeling

Joined: 08/09/2010 23:35:25
Messages: 9906
Location:
making bad final posts on the sporum

Offline

Forum was ok for a laugh sometimes, did some good stuff here, was generally a terrible person as dragonboy pointed out. I'll miss you dragonboy.

Trolls were good here, best thing about this place was the spam attacks from peeps like darkel.

Throwback: anyone remember fooeygooey? I know that was only 5 years ago, but it seems like most people here are still newer than that.

ICE AGE COMING ICE AGE COMING

If you're reading this the devil is already here, and you're him!
[WWW]
Applepie59

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 04/14/2010 18:10:48
Messages: 1545
Location:
The swamps of Egypt

Offline

I liked that one time when we brainstormed ideas for a Spore cartoon, but that's about the only good memory I can muster from the forum that's stuck with me over the past four years.

That's what happens when you haven't been really active on the site for two years, I guess.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/01/2018 19:35:09

[WWW]
midnight1999

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 02/09/2015 18:11:05
Messages: 4991
Location:
Death X War OTP

Offline

dragonBoy2006 wrote:and bad people (besides dounttron)

What’s your obsession with my boyfriend

Man’s claimed.

Gtfo or 1v1 me

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 08/02/2018 10:08:01

dragonBoy2006

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 10/28/2015 15:19:10
Messages: 1675
Location:
7-day suspension

Offline

midnight1999 wrote:
dragonBoy2006 wrote:and bad people (besides dounttron)

What’s your obsession with my boyfriend

Man’s claimed.

Gtfo or 1v1 me

sorry but my main man dounttron has been lacking on the old guy pictures

cardiackid

Spacefaring Sporeling

Joined: 08/09/2010 23:35:25
Messages: 9906
Location:
making bad final posts on the sporum

Offline

Applepie59 wrote:I liked that one time when we brainstormed ideas for a Spore cartoon, but that's about the only good memory I can muster from the forum that's stuck with me over the past four years.

That's what happens when you haven't been really active on the site for two years, I guess.

Yeah, that was one of the best times here. I think I still have the google doc for that lying around somewhere.

cardiackid wrote:
Applepie59 wrote:I liked that one time when we brainstormed ideas for a Spore cartoon, but that's about the only good memory I can muster from the forum that's stuck with me over the past four years.

That's what happens when you haven't been really active on the site for two years, I guess.

Yeah, that was one of the best times here. I think I still have the google doc for that lying around somewhere.

and now we're forced to either stop communicating in an organized fashion or join the horrible ea help forum! yay!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/03/2018 07:33:10

Young420Kush

Microbe

Joined: 02/19/2018 16:55:12
Messages: 67
Offline

By 2020, the Sporepedia will be shut down as well. EA is SPORE!

CaptnSunny

Spacefaring Sporeling

Joined: 07/20/2013 02:54:00
Messages: 5015
Location:
goodbye you fools

Offline

Goodbye y’all, i’ll see y’all in Narnia.

this is so sad can we disconnect the spore servers

Young420Kush wrote:By 2020, the Sporepedia will be shut down as well. EA is SPORE!

[citation needed]

boycott ea
[WWW]
sapient2

Multicellular

Joined: 01/14/2018 19:45:40
Messages: 145
Offline

>Early May 2016
>just registered on the forum
>have never heard of mad max or the road warrior
>road warrior-themed marauder vehicle contest rolls around
>make SPORE submissions
>fast forward 2018
>buy Road Warrior digitally for $15

<wow it’s like fallout without the 50s or retrofuturism
>love the movie
>rent Mel Gibson trilogy
>Mad Max is now my favorite movie franchise
>bleak, desolate wasteland aesthetic
>just rewatched Beyond Thunderdome
>remember the contest
>remember I blindly made a creation without appreciating the wasteland aesthetic
>there will never be a Road Warrior-themed contest ever again
>using le funni email quote arrows on a forum
>mfw

Why is life so untimely?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/04/2018 14:32:09

Include me in the screencap!

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: