The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

When Did You First Join Spore?  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Poll
When did you first play Spore?
2008 54% [ 14 ]
2009 19% [ 5 ]
2010 4% [ 1 ]
2011 4% [ 1 ]
2012 8% [ 2 ]
2013 4% [ 1 ]
2014+ 8% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 26
PotatoOfJustice

Microbe

Seeing as how the Sporum will be closing down soon, I thought it would be nice to see how old the players still around are, if there are any decade old veterans left over.

What year did you join? Have you been around since the beginning in 2008? Did you join later on, maybe 2009 or 2010?

And how many of us are still even creating and actively playing the game?

Just paying respects to the Sporum in its final days. If anyone is wondering, my Spore username is "dustyroads1661". Feel free to find me.
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/dustyroads1661
CaptnSunny

Spacefaring Sporeling

My first creation was around 2011, so I'd say that year at most. And holy cow I must have been 7 when that happened.

Also my join date says that I was first around 2013, but I've also been here under my main alias, neodayao, since 2011 too. 2013 was when I switched to here.

boycott ea
[WWW]
SporeMasterSlime

Spore Master

PotatoOfJustice wrote:Seeing as how the Sporum will be closing down soon, I thought it would be nice to see how old the players still around are, if there are any decade old veterans left over.

What year did you join? Have you been around since the beginning in 2008? Did you join later on, maybe 2009 or 2010?

Who are you? Why are you posting this under an alt? Things like that I will never understand...

Anyways... I first played on February of 2009... but before that I was on another site before Spore was released (then after the summer I kinda forgot about it for a while)... it was called xspore.com, don't know if anyone remembers it...

Sig by theKatsos

PSN: onewarmslime
[WWW]
Sharples65

GalacticGod

It's on the fansite list but the link is dead. Although there are over 600 captures in wayback machine.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/15/2018 16:29:17

[WWW]
Applepie59

Civilized Sporeon

Disregarding whatever amount of time I spent with the Creature Creator demo, I presume I bought the base game (specifically the Galactic Edition) somewhere in very early 2009, around my birthday.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/15/2018 17:43:18

[WWW]
LordOfSpode

Microbe

I got the base game for Christmas in 2008, but didn't get an online account until around my birthday in February 2009. It's hard to believe I've been playing this game for almost a decade now... God, I feel old.

it me
Sharples65

GalacticGod

LordOfSpode wrote:I got the base game for Christmas in 2008, but didn't get an online account until around my birthday in February 2009. It's hard to believe I've been playing this game for almost a decade now... God, I feel old.

That's funny, the exact same happened to me. My dad got it for me at Christmas of 2008, then I registered in 2009. Came to the Sporum in 2010.

[WWW]
PotatoOfJustice

Microbe

I myself have been playing the game since all that was available was the Creature Creator, and when it officially released my Mother bought me the Galactic Edition. I was a little kid at the time, and I played it constantly. I don't know when exactly I registered, but I probably did it soon after I started playing.

Over the years I slowly played less and less, but I always usually at least get on and check in with the community once or twice a month.

I think I started coming to the Sporums around 2009, but I never really made an account and posted, I just read.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/15/2018 22:27:46

Just paying respects to the Sporum in its final days. If anyone is wondering, my Spore username is "dustyroads1661". Feel free to find me.
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/dustyroads1661
LordOfSpode

Microbe

PotatoOfJustice wrote:I myself have been playing the game since all that was available was the Creature Creator, and when it officially released my Mother bought me the Galactic Edition. I was a little kid at the time, and I played it constantly. I don't know when exactly I registered, but I probably did it soon after I started playing.

Over the years I slowly played less and less, but I always usually at least get on and check in with the community once or twice a month.

Interesting to see someone else that got the Galactic Edition! I actually still read the art book from time to time.

it me
MagicAce

MouthBreather

On a (different) internet forum, which is significantly less insane.

Even though I joined on Christmas 2012, I didn't share anything until years later. Some older creations that I tried to share never went onto my profile for no apparent reason.

The Sporum is dead -cue studio audience gasps-
arthrfrts

Microbe

I joined when the Creature Creator came out. This is my first creature from my first alter: http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-500002855063

Ten years, it's almost unbelievable. I follow this game for so much time now.

[WWW]
cardiackid

Spacefaring Sporeling

I haven't been actively playing since 2014 for various reasons

ICE AGE COMING ICE AGE COMING

If you're reading this the devil is already here, and you're him!
[WWW]
CaptnSunny

Spacefaring Sporeling

SporeMasterSlime wrote:
PotatoOfJustice wrote:Seeing as how the Sporum will be closing down soon, I thought it would be nice to see how old the players still around are, if there are any decade old veterans left over.

Who are you? Why are you posting this under an alt? Things like that I will never understand...

Anyways... I first played on February of 2009... but before that I was on another site before Spore was released (then after the summer I kinda forgot about it for a while)... it was called xspore.com, don't know if anyone remembers it...

I made an alt for funsies because idk, and then when I logged on to the Sporum I didn't know that you'd have to do the :[main username] thing to use your main account. It automatically logged in to this account and I stuck with it.

boycott ea
[WWW]
ethroptur

Multicellular

I first played Spore on December 25th 2008, but I didn't register on Spore.com until January 9th. Spore was the first time I was truly a member of an online community, which gives it the role of my gateway into the internet/meme culture I now immerse myself in.

My time in the community was mostly relegated to the now-derfunct EA UK forums, though I visited here occaisionally. I'm glad that forum was deleted. Most of it was embarrasing and cringe-inducing.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 07/17/2018 14:08:01

I barely play Spore anymore, though I still visit and create from time-to-time.

My Best Creations: http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-ethroptur%7C500242553912%3Assc-500567749553
SporeMasterSlime

Spore Master

CaptnSunny wrote:
SporeMasterSlime wrote:

I made an alt for funsies because idk, and then when I logged on to the Sporum I didn't know that you'd have to do the :[main username] thing to use your main account. It automatically logged in to this account and I stuck with it.

OK, sorry if I was a little rude.

Sig by theKatsos

PSN: onewarmslime
[WWW]

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: