The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

SPORUM Migration Notice!  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
MaxisBazajaytee

Administrator

SPORE Creators, Players and Sporum Veterans, changes are afoot. For a number of reasons the Sporum will be moving to EA’s Answers HQ.
The SPORE Community is important. It’s important that there be a secure, modern environment to meet and discuss SPORE, while getting more direct support from EA’s community teams.

What is happening?

To better support the dedicated community of SPORE users we will be moving the Sporum from forum.spore.com to EA’s Answers HQ. All users are encouraged to join the new forum at https://answers.ea.com/t5/Spore/ct-p/spore-en.

Why is the forum moving?

The forum is being moved for a number of reasons. Chief among the considerations was the safety and security of the SPORE community that actively uses the resource, the increasing age of the Sporum software and infrastructure, and the reality that the service itself isn’t reflective of what users expect a modern service to be. Moving to Answers HQ also ensures that the SPORE community can continue and have additional help and moderation from the EA Support teams.

What does this mean for you?

SPORE, the game and service, will go on. SPORE.com, Sporepedia and SPORE itself will continue but the Sporum service will be moving to a new home at Answers HQ. Unfortunately, the current content from the Sporum will not be migrated unless users choose to migrate specific posts, threads, and other content themselves.

There will be more community support thanks to the EA Support team who monitor the site and will be on hand to help keep things in line. Most of the SporeMasters will be migrating and will be identifiable as Answers HQ Heroes.

What isn't happening?

The Sporum content will not be migrated to Answers HQ. The current Sporum will be kept in read-only mode for a period of time to allow you to archive or migrate posts and content that you might want to preserve. Please be respectful of other users and properly attribute content that you might migrate.

What next?

On Wednesday, 15th August we will switch the Sporum to be read-only (meaning the content will still be present, but you will not be able to log in or post any new messages) and Answers HQ will be the location for ongoing discussion and feedback.

The existing Sporum will be left read-only for an extended period of time to allow time for archiving and moving of your content. Following that read-only period, the Sporum will be retired. Advance notice of the full closure will be posted to the Sporum as well as to the Answers HQ forum.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/10/2018 21:20:24

GalvinNerth

Multicellular

Well... Had lots of fun here. Kinda feels like the end of an era. Never play the game anymore, but I'll remember all of this. Thanks everyone for the fun, the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Peace people, sporum, spore. Goodnight.
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Sharples65

GalacticGod

So this basically confirms the Sporum is going to be 'shut down' in due time and we only have about a month of discussion here before it goes read-only?

Seems fine to me. But pretty sad that this place will finally hit the coffin. A few of us personally don't want to stay on the EA's Answer HQ, it doesn't have the same identity as the Sporum so we're planning to house this somewhere else.

Thank you for the support Baza and the rest of the Maxis team!

Edit: Nvm, I'm actually pretty upset with this.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/13/2018 00:11:14

[WWW]
SissyGamer

Civilized Sporeon

first post in a very long time, but just coming in to say that i had a fun time here. had i not joined the sporum, i would be a very different person and in a very different place in my life. this'll probably be my final post, and i don't think i'll be returning to any iterations or forms of the sporum.

as messy as this place is, it brought fond memories and crazy experiences. i'm glad the team is still trying to keep spore going through all these years.

i'll be returning to working on my novel now, good day

"COWER IN FEAR" EropsToad, 2016

[WWW]
shunkerbelle

Multicellular

geez when was the last time I posted here? And now this is happening? Well it's been one hell of a ride here and I am sad to hear the news. While this place did end up crashing down, the memories and good times still lay here.

Wish everyone the best of luck in the future! :D

[WWW]
dounttron

Civilized Sporeon

Mount Evil, Killdeath Island, Antarctica.

TRUE SPOREANS NEVER DIE | The Community's Choice Features Thread | ККААААК
Zandoo

Civilized Sporeon

I’m more of a fan of this site’s layout than the new one, but oh well. The Sporum really is a great place. I can’t believe how much an obscure forum for a video game changed my life so much, but it did. I’m gonna miss the Sporum.

At least we’ll always have our memories.

Then the world blew up. The end.

EropsToad wrote:wups
DarkLord979 wrote:Ok... take my five stars...
DarkEdgeYT

Microbe

Looks like I'll remain banned forever, haha.

But for real. It's a bittersweet feeling to see this place go for real. On the one hand, quite a relief. But then again, far too many memories than I can recount. Just like SissyGamer said, I would have been a very different person if it weren't for these Spore communities, and especially the Sporum. I really do owe a tremendous amount to both this place, and the people in it.

It really is a sad feeling to know that one day, when some other old-timers who may look for a rush of nostalgia and check this place out, there will be nothing left. After the read-only era, just... nothing. Time for me to get digging before it's too late.

Thanks everyone for the memories, both the good and the ugly. And thanks Baza for keeping things functional and afloat. A bit disappointed I never got to speak to you properly, but such is life. I wish you all the best.
midnight1999

Civilized Sporeon

Maybe I would have felt something before my experience was soured.

I won't miss this place.

NathanielRD

Civilized Sporeon

In the words on Benjamin Guggenheim on the Titanic, "We've dressed up in our best and are prepared to go down like gentlemen." I will miss this place, the direct access to scrutiny and criticism has helped me become more of a tolerable person. I went from this cringy autistic kid that everyone laughs at, to this cringy autistic kid that everyone laughs with over the course of three years. I don't know how who I'd be. I will miss the awkward culture of this forum and hope it can continue on whether it be on the new forums or somewhere else.

Let the Titanic quotes commence.

I'm Nathaniel, I'm fourteen and I live in Wisconsin. My activities here are mostly on the Open Thread but I do try to branch out.

Willie5000

Multicellular

Grandma Herschel's World Famous Taffy Factory.

Well then...

Runilith

Multicellular

The Sporum is a god, how can you kill a god? How can you be so naive? What a grand and intoxicating innocence.

Here’s one to the Sporum, the eldritch abomination that it is.

brian575

Civilized Sporeon

wow, been here for almost 10 years and have alot of memories. Sad to see it go.

Kaleon

MouthBreather

Let us remember the good times and appreciate what and who we had. Ten years is a great run!

ColAutumnLeaf

Multicellular

This site way outlived its use-by date. I was surprised it lasted that long, as did all the veterans that I still have contacts with.

Anyways, come follow me instead of following Maxis.

:^)))))))

"And if you find him, do not kill him. Just wound him. Excessively. But he is mine!"

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: