The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Underdark (Contest)  XML
Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
BIazingStar

Multicellular

A new month, a new contest. As long as people stay excited for these I'll do my best to keep them coming. So without further ado.

You and your party have found a strange passage at the bottom of a mountain that leads straight into the deep. You head on through with a torch in your hand and enter a tight corridor with rock and stone surrounding you everywhere, it's too dark to see where the corridor leads, even with a torch. Suddenly you reach a large open room, able to see just a few feet in front of you. A swift noise passes by and the torch you were holding is gone without a trace. Now as you and your friends gather in a close circle, backs to each other. All you hear is rocks tumbling down, echoing screeches and tons of red glowing eyes coming towards you

The goal for this contest is to create anything that could live in the Underdark, a vast network of underground caverns and tunnels underneath the surface of the normal land. Night crawlers, ancient demons, rock monsters, whatever you can think of.

The rules are as follows:
1. Entries must be creatures, outfitting is allowed.
2. No cheats except for 'adddna'.
3. Each contestant may enter up to three creatures. Entries may be pulled out and replaced with a new one once the limit is reached.

The deadline will be the 31st of July. As always, I hope to see some great entries and lots of people participating for another great looking Exhibition Planet. Good luck and have fun !

Entrants:
1. endermorph
2. Alienologist
3. Billon247
4. spartacrix
5. Mavor
6. SnailJoe
7. NathanielRD
8. SaturdayCrush
9. SystemFailure
10. Poogerton
11. DarthLeoX
12. Pikamence9999999
13. Markimo
14. cartehs

This message was edited 9 times. Last update was at 07/07/2018 19:14:19

Omegasquid

Microbe

I'm already thinking of somethings to make for this contest right now. I just have to wait for spore to start up.

Poogerton

Microbe

How do we enter?
DarthLeoX

Microbe

OMG that's amazing

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/03/2018 19:28:32

BIazingStar

Multicellular

Poogerton wrote:How do we enter?

You just post your entry on this thread, or in a comment on one of my published things so that I can find your entry

SaturdayCrush

Microbe

I'm entering, and I expect to win. What do we get should someone succeed?
Omegasquid

Microbe

SaturdayCrush wrote:I'm entering, and I expect to win. What do we get should someone succeed?

I don't think you get anything as a prize, really. Except being in 1st, 2nd, or 3nd place. You'll get an "Exhibition planet" like it says, but that's more of a "prize" for everyone who joined rather than just the top 3 people who won. Now I could be wrong with some of the things I said since I never won (or at least was 2nd or 3nd place on) a contest by BlazingStar before so I don't really know if you get stuff just for you (but by the looks of it, it seems you don't get any other than being in first, second, or third place) nor am I the creator of the contest so yeah. BlazingStar, you can correct me if I made any mistakes.

Note/edit: BlazingStar did made some trophies (saying 1st place, 2nd place, 3nd place), but it seem like Blaze doesn't do them anymore.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 07/04/2018 15:11:28

BIazingStar

Multicellular

There used to be trophies for the winners or unique entries, and back in the day contests were a lot more common and big. And more out there as it was in the news on spore and everything. But now barely anyone still participates in them or cares for such things. So as squid said, there won't really be anything in particular other than the top 3 positions.

Nonetheless, contests are great to discover other creators as most people will check out the sporecast to see the competition. And most of the entries will indeed be featured in the following Exhibition Planet.

And as for those, not everything is guaranteed to make it in, but the top 3 does have that guarantee

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/04/2018 15:10:44

Mavor

Civilized Sporeon

Look down. You are flying over me right now.

Behold!
The Underminer.

A lowly human who has harnessed the forces of the planet to carve out a kingdom beneath the surface. And who will one day claim the entire planet as his own.

BTW, since Disney owns Marvel, why didn't yjey just use The Mole Man rather than this obvious knock-off?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/04/2018 15:41:54

NathanielRD

Civilized Sporeon

I love joining these contests, it makes me really excited thinking about how my creatures will fit into these little ecosystems and food chains. This little guy is called the Shrillosaur, may or may not make more since last time I joined pretty late into the contest.

Draggable PNG:

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-501061735695

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/04/2018 18:14:16

I'm Nathaniel, I'm fourteen and I live in Wisconsin. My activities here are mostly on the Open Thread but I do try to branch out.

Zandoo

Civilized Sporeon

I might dig up Spore for this

Then the world blew up. The end.

EropsToad wrote:wups
DarkLord979 wrote:Ok... take my five stars...
alephgalactus

Microbe

SaturdayCrush wrote:I'm entering, and I expect to win. What do we get should someone succeed?

something around thirty million dollars

bottom text
DarthLeoX

Microbe

Hi, here's my first entry, the Emonium

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 07/06/2018 23:25:23

The_Pikamence

Microbe

I present all three of my entries, which are of the same species: the Flashy Thorntail! (look on my Sporepedia page)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/07/2018 14:34:54

Midzo

Multicellular

Mavor wrote:Behold!
The Underminer.

A lowly human who has harnessed the forces of the planet to carve out a kingdom beneath the surface. And who will one day claim the entire planet as his own.

BTW, since Disney owns Marvel, why didn't yjey just use The Mole Man rather than this obvious knock-off?

Before Disney bought Marvel in 2009, the rights to Spider-Man went to Sony and the rights to X-Men and Fantastic Four went to Fox. Disney now owns Spider-Man but I think still Fox owns X-Men. This is why Deadpool is (thankfully) owned by Fox; he’s part of the X-Men franchise despite being an Avenger.
I don’t know Pixar got away with making Violet such a blatant copy of the Invisible Woman. Why does she get two powers anyway?

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi...

Who wants their damn ego fed so much?
Not related in any way to Didzo.
I AM SAPIENT

Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
Go to: