The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
INTEGRATED INTEGUMENT - The Fur Mod (v1.1)  XML
Forum Index » Developer Corner
Hohki

Microbe

What's that? Fur is impossible?

Sorry, I can't hear you over the fact that I have successfully modded fur into the game. Multiple kinds, in fact.

Special thanks to Buckly90 for the name "Integrated Integument"!

Scroll down for the download link

Four different styles of fur parts are in this mod, which each have morph handles to control the length and angle, and which change color dynamically based on your creature's colors and markings:

Straight fur (great for shaggy creatures):

Ratty fur (down back, good for making something look a little more messy):

Tufty/Cartoony Fur (a change in style):

Soft fur tuft (great for manes and such):

(note: background in all images is from Dark Injection, I was too lazy to switch to a normal editor background)

It's still a work in progress, so expect updates in the future.

Update 1: Replaced image in first post with images showing current progress

Update 2:
DOWNLOAD LINK (v1.1)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jdHi6oHqaBZy5k3XcclbE16XVkZ_-TMK/view?usp=sharing
*** Please delete or uninstall past versions before downloading the current one! ***
*** The parts should be found in the detail category! ***
Note: Requires Galactic Adventures

Update Notes:
v1.1:
+ Solid base, coat, detail, black, and white versions of all types of fur
+ Nudge handles on all fur parts (requires Dark Injection or any other mod that adds nudge handle support to the creature editor; otherwise, the handle is invisible and fur behaves exactly the same as it did in v1.0)

Known issues:
  • Soft fur of all paint types has broken shading when rotated onto its side--however, this will not affect most creations visually. A possible fix has already been found, but it will not be implemented until a later update.
  • High level solid color fur parts may be unlocking too early in creature stage. Please report any instances of this you encounter with as much detail as possible.

• Possible future features:
  • Feather clusters
  • Scale-like parts

• Please tell me if something breaks or crashes! And please, feel free to share whatever you make with this!

(Davo Online thread link: http://davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=118&t=6536 )

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 02/19/2018 07:08:20

dylans04

Multicellular

nice now i can make giant fuzzballs with jaws

Midzo

Microbe

Is each individual hair (fur?) a part or is it clumped like the "Hairlagmites" charm part?

Who wants their damn ego fed so much?

Not related in any way to Didzo.
    We were all 12 at some point.
    Hohki

Microbe

Midzo wrote:Is each individual hair (fur?) a part or is it clumped like the "Hairlagmites" charm part?

It's in clumps, but they are all roughly the same length and point the same way instead of being a mess like that. Also, you can adjust the length and angle with morph handles and it actually looks okay like that.

I've cleaned up the UV maps since the first post so the texture generation works better, here's what that dinosaur-like creature looks like now:

I've also made a new shaggy-haired fellow showing a row of "ratty fur" down its back in addition to normal fur on its sides:

Meanwhile, this abomination shows the more cartoony "tufty fur", which has fewer strands per part and a wider base on each strand:
    horse15t

Microbe

Very cool!
    I don't really like playing Spore with mods but if this becomes a thing I may download it!
    [WWW]
    Hohki

Microbe

I've updated the first post with more screenshots.
    Hohki

Microbe

Added a download link and a name.
    dylans04

Multicellular

this guy is adorable, just saying

Hohki

Microbe

Version 1.1 released. All fur parts now have solid colored variants (base, coat, detail, black, and white) for more advanced creations.

Forum Index » Developer Corner
    Go to: