The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

This may be a terrible idea, but here goes nothing. Challenge 4: It's Easter  XML
Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
Mavor

Civilized Sporeon

Look down. You are flying over me right now.

Mobilize Your Subs
Special 3 week week topic: All Things Easter

Everyone knows, that has run a contest, that it usually boils down to about 3-5 creators. And that if they enter, they will win. And as many may not know, early in the Sporum history nearly all contests were judged by the community in a poll. Of course it became obvious that this was a terrible way to judge a contest. Fanboys and alts could quickly tilt the contest in favor of something that had no right to even be considered. But this contest is going to embrace these elements. Will it work? Probably not, but I’m doing it anyways. So here goes.

A topic will be placed at the top of this page. For a period of two weeks (2) any creation* added to this thread will be placed into a poll (*Within reason, please). At the end of the 2 weeks a winner will be declared and a new topic will be posted.
Da Rules:
1. Any editor may be used. (and before you ask-Adventures are made in an editor)
2. All Cheats/mods may be used.
3. Creations can be new or old, but they do need to be your own.
4. I’m going to limit entries to 5 per person / per cycle (this is subject to change depending on how much I have to type.)
5. In the case of a tie, the winner will be determined by the highest popularity on Sportistics.
Just remember that the community will be your judge and jury.

Prev. Winners"
Alespill - Gilded Lizarmor -

Alespill - Trident -

dounttron - CLF-61 Merlin -

This message was edited 24 times. Last update was at 03/10/2018 06:24:15

Mavor

Civilized Sporeon

Entries for Mar. 9th - April 2nd.

This message was edited 19 times. Last update was at 03/10/2018 06:25:10

521htnarbag

Microbe

I'm not a big fan of the tie-break since well-known creators generally have the upper hand, even if their stuff isn't that great. Anyway, here's my entry (as gabranth125) :

Minos

[Better view in the editor]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 01/27/2018 15:00:16

tonysaur

MouthBreather

Count me in!

tonysaur

MouthBreather

So, here's my first submission:

A little disappointed with it, truth be told. Will make another submission later, maybe.

cheezu3s

MouthBreather

Interesting to see the poll up already. Wouldn't that just weight the results in favour of the earlier submissions?

Mavor

Civilized Sporeon

cheezu3s wrote:Interesting to see the poll up already. Wouldn't that just weight the results in favour of the earlier submissions?

Actually I thought it might inject a bit of strategy. Many (including myself) wait until the last minute to post in a contest. Trying to see what they have to beat or making it as perfect as possible. But since I'm listing them as they come in, can you take the chance that on the last day there will be enough people online to overcome someone that has every last vote possible because they have been up for 2 weeks? You will have to make that choice.
521htnarbag wrote:I'm not a big fan of the tie-break since well-known creators generally have the upper hand. *snip

Again, it comes down to stratagy. If two creations have 15 votes each in this contest, then they will likely both be ranked rather high by Sportistics. But with ratings decay, you will have to gauge the best time to post your entry and to be at the peak of your Sportistics too.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 01/27/2018 20:30:20

Alespill

Microbe

In front of my laptop with a cup of tea near it.

I'm in! Will post my first entry soon! ;D

Alespill

Microbe

In front of my laptop with a cup of tea near it.

So here we go! This is going to be my first entry:

"Evolution, what the heck?!"
Gilded Lizarmor

tonysaur

MouthBreather

Another submission by me.

cheezu3s

MouthBreather

Mavor wrote:
cheezu3s wrote:Interesting to see the poll up already. Wouldn't that just weight the results in favour of the earlier submissions?

Actually I thought it might inject a bit of strategy. Many (including myself) wait until the last minute to post in a contest. Trying to see what they have to beat or making it as perfect as possible. But since I'm listing them as they come in, can you take the chance that on the last day there will be enough people online to overcome someone that has every last vote possible because they have been up for 2 weeks. You will have to make that choice.

Ohh, now that does make sense - A good idea, eh?
And those that take extra time in finalising their entry, well, I expect that extra time will get them a bigger vote-attention, making up for the lost time.
-----

Edit:
I made an entry.
The Branchflit Ghonkathaur

"A lizardy jobby that skitters over the lapizrock of Aranoi's herbacious florabasins. A voracious predator of Wolf Myders, of which fall for the branches as anchors for webs."

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/27/2018 18:51:54

TheShipBuilder

MouthBreather

Various Space ports and Shipyards throughout the Galaxy, Serving as Shipmaster and Imperial Prince

My sub is ready!

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

True Art is in the Words and how they are Perceived.
-Lord Admiral Sorrow
Oya, Vod!

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/TheShipBuilder
[WWW]
521htnarbag

Microbe

Btw, I'm a bit rusty, can someone tell me how to make clickable previews ?

TheShipBuilder

MouthBreather

Various Space ports and Shipyards throughout the Galaxy, Serving as Shipmaster and Imperial Prince

521htnarbag wrote:Btw, I'm a bit rusty, can someone tell me how to make clickable previews ?

I'm going to assume you mean posting the picture that leads back to the sporepedia entry as I've done above?

Quote my post, then replace the url with the page url and the img with the copy image address right click option of your sporepedia page's image.

True Art is in the Words and how they are Perceived.
-Lord Admiral Sorrow
Oya, Vod!

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/TheShipBuilder
[WWW]
Galactus_Pie

Spacefaring Sporeling

Wait, mods are allowed? So I could enter my DI creations and it'll be accepted?

Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
Go to: