The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Trader and Zealot's guide to Home Planet City Layouts [MAXIMUM SPICE PRODUCTION]  XML
Forum Index » Spore Hints and Strategy
SpankyQuest

Microbe

One thing about home planets is that if properly configured, they can produce and store mass quantities of spice. Usually your home world has a relatively inexpensive spice, so it's hard to make profit from it.

HOWEVER

If you conquer another space-faring empire's home star system, you get to keep all of their homeworld cities, while reaping the benefits of increased production speed from a satellite-system. What that means is, you keep their homeworld, and it makes spice really fast for you.

How do you get a homeworld you might ask?

Well you could randomly run around the galaxy hoping to find one, and hope that it has the right color spice for you, OR you could find an uncolonized star system with a planet that has the right color spice, get that planet to T3, and drop a monolith, and wait for it to become sentient. Sounds complicated, but it's not, I promise. Yes, this is late game, but I usually do this on the second planet I colonize in space stage, and it doesn't take terribly long. (First star I colonize being a normal purple spice planet with 3 incredipaks set to 2 happiness)

Once that empire reaches space stage, either take it over with Fanatical Frenzy as a Zealot (and be prepared for everyone around you to go to war with you) OR you can be a Trader and set up a trade route immediately. Remember you get a +50 relationship bonus for using the monolith to make them space-faring. Right after you set up that trade route, SAVE, and use your Cash Infusion ability to fill the trade bar and buyout the star. If your buyout offer doesn't take, just close and restart spore to try bigger offer. If you're not a Trader or Zealot philosophy, you can still take over the star system with a trade route, but it's going to take a little longer, and you might have to do some of their quests or drop an embassy to boost relations.

Okay.
So you got a homeworld. Congratulations! Think you're done? CLOSE! Not quite, but close. We're almost there. I suggest selling all the buildings on the planet and then laying out your buildings. It costs a little more, but not much. There are 9 different city layouts on each homeworld. I always set my planets up for maximum spice production while ignoring happiness. Homeworlds don't tend to riot, and once you're at this point in the game, buying and dropping a happiness-booster is ezpz. I have never had a homeworld with a happiness booster riot on me. I always max out my turrets and drop an uberturret and a spice storage too. But that's up to you. Below are the layouts I use for my cities. They are aligned with the City-Circle in the front for easy orientation.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/12/2018 01:58:46

SpankyQuest

Microbe

A tip for finding planets around your homeplanet with the right color spice:

A star's planets and their color spices are determined by the game the moment you fly to the star for the first time. So if you haven't discovered a star yet, SAVE, then fly to it, and it's not what you want... then you can just exit to the main menu without saving and try again until it's the color you want.

Another tip:
Highly suggest you drop mass quantities of spice onto a Wildlife Sanctuary without it despawning or getting stolen. That way when you find a specific colony that's offering max-price for it, you can liquidate all of your assets for max profit.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 01/12/2018 02:00:21

Mike_Pence

Multicellular

do i see H?

Mike_Pence

Multicellular

also this is a good guide nice job

chantal71

Civilized Sporeon

In a nuke warehouse, pointing ballistic missiles at the United States.

A surprisingly high-quality guide to an aspect of Spore for this day and age. While I learned something that I'd never have thought of before from the second post, you're also behind in some aspects, so let me point out that conquering a homeworld often risks the accidental destruction of one or more city, therefore making it less efficient, that you should always visit a homeworld before purchasing it's star system, or else it'll only have three cities if you visit it, and that the more cities are on a T3 planet, the less spice each city will make, likely a balance feature. However, I should correct you in that as far as I know, while player homeworlds should start out with ten cities, AI homeworlds may vary in city count.

Also, a star system's price is based on the highest terrascore of any planet in it. It'll cost one million Sporebucks if there are only T0 planets, three million if the highest local terrascore is T1, five million if it's T2, and ten million if it's T3.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/12/2018 07:00:00

[WWW]
SpankyQuest

Microbe

How to always get 10 cities on a monolith homeworld:
Before dropping your monolith, use your planet atmospheric tools on the planet until it has an even amount of land/water. Sculpt a few Terra Canyons in the ocean. Once it has about 50/50, leave the atmosphere, then go back down and drop the monolith.

I'll put this in the main post at some point when I have more time.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/15/2018 07:59:23

Forum Index » Spore Hints and Strategy
Go to: