The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
How do other players manage to share complexity-breaking and other modded creatures?  XML
Forum Index » Spore Help
bugfix123

Microbe

Hi,

I frequently get creatures auto-download into my game that are beyond-maximum complexity, assymetry, and other features that require mods. How are other players achieving this? Everywhere I read says that creations that go beyond maximum complexity or contain things like asymmetry should not share.

I haven't tried the freedom cheat, but I have tried a couple of different mods that allow complexity to be breached. Even if I don't use any modded parts and only stick to core parts, if my creature even comes close to the complexity limit it simply won't share. If it's not symmetrical, it won't share.

If anyone has any idea how other players are managing to share their modded content please let me know.

Another thing, I was reading on Davoonline that any mods for removing the part size scaling limits are broken right now, that it simply isn't possible. Every mod I've tried for this confirms it, even if the mod does other things, those other things do work but spine length and rescale limits are still imposed. Yet, again, I'm finding recently uploaded creations on Sporepedia that have parts beyond the scaling limits (if I try to edit them, the part I'm trying to edit pops back to a size within the limit). Does anyone have any insight to this, perhaps there's a lesser known working mod for this?
Pickachufire

Microbe

For asymmetry, just hold the "A" key when placing a part.

To create things beyond maximum complexity, you have to use the cheat menus, and I you access them by pressing Ctrl+Shift+C. When you do that, you type in "freedom on" (without the quotations). I believe you can use the addDNA command to give yourself more DNA to use.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/08/2018 23:50:43

I'm a cool cat.

Help creating Galactic Adventures:

bugfix123

Microbe

Pickachufire wrote:For asymmetry, just hold the "A" key when placing a part.

To create things beyond maximum complexity, you have to use the cheat menus, and I you access them by pressing Ctrl+Shift+C. When you do that, you type in "freedom on" (without the quotations). I believe you can use the addDNA command to give yourself more DNA to use.

Thanks, but that wasn't what I was asking. I know how to do these things, it's just creatures, vehicles and buildings created with these qualities do not share on the Sporepedia regardless of whether or not there are mods installed, though I'm avoiding the freedom cheat so that's the only one I haven't tested yet. I would like to know how other players are successfully managing to share them.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/09/2018 12:31:40

Snewbew

Microbe

Although i haven't tried using the freedom cheat yet, I'm able to share asymmetrical creatures with no problems whatsoever.
Do the creatures you're trying to share contain C&C or GA parts?

Love
Snewbew <3
[MSN]
bugfix123

Microbe

Snewbew wrote:Although i haven't tried using the freedom cheat yet, I'm able to share asymmetrical creatures with no problems whatsoever.

Some do, but I've made sure to try some that don't. That said, Sporepedia does recognize that I have both DLCs installed.

Honestly while there does seem to be a pattern for me of Sporepedia rejecting complex and assymetrical creatures, there are other times I can't find anything wrong with the creature or vehicle, it uses core parts only, isn't even that complex and it still won't share - specifically, my game thinks it shared successfully, but the right side info for the creation is missing games used and comments window, and it doesn't appear in my sporepedia page. Sometimes it just appears arbitrary whether or not it will succeed. It's interesting though that you can share assymetricals, so it's not like they're completely unshareable.

Considering I've ruled out mods as being the problem (since I was unable to share a completely vanilla and simple ferret-like creature on a vanilla copy of Spore) I am beginning to wonder if different regional copies of the game have different problems with sharing. Are there even any differences between locations the game was bought, particularly online copies?
Snewbew

Microbe

bugfix123 wrote:
Snewbew wrote:Although i haven't tried using the freedom cheat yet, I'm able to share asymmetrical creatures with no problems whatsoever.

Some do, but I've made sure to try some that don't. That said, Sporepedia does recognize that I have both DLCs installed.

Honestly while there does seem to be a pattern for me of Sporepedia rejecting complex and assymetrical creatures, there are other times I can't find anything wrong with the creature or vehicle, it uses core parts only, isn't even that complex and it still won't share - specifically, my game thinks it shared successfully, but the right side info for the creation is missing games used and comments window, and it doesn't appear in my sporepedia page. Sometimes it just appears arbitrary whether or not it will succeed. It's interesting though that you can share assymetricals, so it's not like they're completely unshareable.

Considering I've ruled out mods as being the problem (since I was unable to share a completely vanilla and simple ferret-like creature on a vanilla copy of Spore) I am beginning to wonder if different regional copies of the game have different problems with sharing. Are there even any differences between locations the game was bought, particularly online copies?

That is very weird. I bought my game on steam and I'm not sure what region it is but when i had to activate it on origin the option for the Brazilian and American version where in the same slot alongside many other languages that used the roman alphabet so I'm not so sure. Do you use a version of the game in a language that doesn't make use of the roman alphabet?

Love
Snewbew <3
[MSN]
bugfix123

Microbe

Snewbew wrote:That is very weird. I bought my game on steam and I'm not sure what region it is but when i had to activate it on origin the option for the Brazilian and American version where in the same slot alongside many other languages that used the roman alphabet so I'm not so sure. Do you use a version of the game in a language that doesn't make use of the roman alphabet?

I picked UK English so it's probably not that, but thank you for helping to try and figure it out.
LuckyCloverDuck

MouthBreather

the nerd hub AKA my room with the curtains pulled

I think it's the new client messing things up...
One way I've (sort of) been able to share freedom creations is by doing the following:

Step 1: Attempt to upload the freedom creation. The "Shared" icon should pop up, but the comments will likely be disabled (due to it technically only half-sharing).
Step 2: Disable freedom and keep removing parts until you have a non-freedom version of your freedom creature.
Step 3: Upload the non-freedom version. The freedom version should be in the lineage for everyone to see, even if it seems like it didn't share properly.

You should probably also rename the non-freedom creation to "Check Lineage" (or simply add a disclaimer in the description or comments).

I hope I somewhat helped you xD

my mental state in a shellnut

Forum Index » Spore Help
Go to: