The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index
[Login] Login
How to protest bans  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Author Message
dragonBoy2006

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 10/28/2015 15:19:10
Messages: 1590
Location:
7-day suspension

Offline

I don't know where else to put this.

I have already asked and not got an answer. Why do mods have the power to ban people without any sort of challenge? Mobster guy could be having a bad day and ban you for no reason, and nobody would care. Added is the fact I am in a pit that I have no way out of- no matter what I do, since the mods consider me a 'troll', I am banned. While everyone else can say whatever and be fine, anything I do on this forum is called 'spam' and I am banned without debate. this is unfair and I want to know why we don't have, say, a court thread where we can discuss a user's supposed crimes before sentencing them to a 7 day suspension.

chantal71

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 12/17/2010 22:55:26
Messages: 4410
Location:
In a nuke warehouse, pointing ballistic missiles at the United States.

Offline

I know exactly where you're coming from. Roughly the same situation happened to me twice on another site. As I said around those times to someone who coincidentally also faced a similar fate before us, there exists an oligarchy of people who wield authority, and as long as there is a connection between these people and none with those without power, this authority can easily become abused.

Answering your question more directly, there used to be a Community Thread here, but it was apparently never stickied, (I presume that moderators have no authority to do such a thing, thereby explaining that part.) and has consequently been forgotten, at least as far as I know. I do believe that anyone should get the chance to debate their ban every single time it happens, unless it is very much clear to all that the user in question has committed the act with a malicious intent carried over from a previous ban. I just hope that any trial that may result from this doesn't end up becoming a show trial, as Roger Waters so brilliantly demonstrated.

With the Sporum's activity seemingly slowing to a crawl, I believe that every user should be believed to have value until this is otherwise disproven with certainty. If the immature can develop in maturity, then I firmly believe that trolls can make outstanding achievements. Just look at Sharples, who went from an infamous user of alts to a beloved community leader and connoisseur of eggs. Even I used to consider myself a troll, but I then decided to focus on Spore matters and became the biggest contributor to a shared Multiverse. While it might sound strange and unbelievable to say this now, just think what dragonBoy2006 can do for us.

And by the way, please don't lock this thread. This discussion might one day become important for the Sporum.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/04/2018 23:52:22

[WWW]
dragonBoy2006

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 10/28/2015 15:19:10
Messages: 1590
Location:
7-day suspension

Offline

Thanks chantal. I am trying to contribute to the community but no matter what I do it is considered spam, and it doesn't help that my past mistakes are still held against me, extending my unfair punishment.

The community thread, I agree, should be stickied. Though since it seems rarely updated I doubt posting in it would receive any sort of response. It might even get me straight up banned.

midnight1999

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 02/09/2015 18:11:05
Messages: 4861
Location:
Death X War OTP

Offline

I'm sorry what.

If this is supposed to make sense it doesn't.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/05/2018 01:22:48

glm345

Multicellular

Joined: 07/05/2017 21:03:33
Messages: 133
Offline

I have only been banned 1 time. And it was on my old account. Probably 8 or 9 years ago. It was due to the fact that I was spamming the mod.
Well he locked my thread. I didn’t know what else to do at the time. It was a knee jerk reaction I was mad.
I didn’t even know he was a mod or what mods were. I was the biggest noob. I thought anybody could lock other people’s threads but the author couldn’t unlock their own. In hindsight I realize he locked it to protect me cause he said something about “this could cause a flame war” cause it was a sensitive topic. But all the message really was was about how much I like spore. I shouldn’t have spammed him with the repeated “UNLOCK IT” message. If I didn’t do that I wouldn’t have been banned.

I don’t spam anymore though. And I haven’t been banned since.

It's time to make Spore great again.
chantal71

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 12/17/2010 22:55:26
Messages: 4410
Location:
In a nuke warehouse, pointing ballistic missiles at the United States.

Offline

midnight1999 wrote:I'm sorry what.

If this is supposed to make sense it doesn't.

Why doesn't it? Can't people redeem themselves? As far as I'm concerned, dragonBoy2006 is getting banned for doing things that the moderators let slide for everyone else. If he starts acting up after all of this, maybe I'll take your word for it, but this is his first (Correct me if I'm wrong here.) appeal for fair treatment that I know of, and seeing as he's an active, non-noob Spore member, I think that he deserves a chance. Sharples and DarkLord used to be trolls, so why can't dragonBoy redeem himself to this community?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/05/2018 01:35:37

[WWW]
midnight1999

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 02/09/2015 18:11:05
Messages: 4861
Location:
Death X War OTP

Offline

chantal71 wrote:
midnight1999 wrote:I'm sorry what.

If this is supposed to make sense it doesn't.

Why doesn't it? Can't people redeem themselves? As far as I'm concerned, dragonBoy2006 is getting banned for doing things that the moderators let slide for everyone else. If he starts acting up after all of this, maybe I'll take your word for it, but this is his first (Correct me if I'm wrong here.) appeal for fair treatment that I know of, and seeing as he's an active, non-noob Spore member, I think that he deserves a chance. Sharples and DarkLord used to be trolls, so why can't dragonBoy redeem himself to this community?

Don't believe everything you read on the internet

chantal71

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 12/17/2010 22:55:26
Messages: 4410
Location:
In a nuke warehouse, pointing ballistic missiles at the United States.

Offline

midnight1999 wrote:Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Okay, then this was a lie:

midnight1999 wrote:I'm sorry what.

If this is supposed to make sense it doesn't.

[WWW]
midnight1999

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 02/09/2015 18:11:05
Messages: 4861
Location:
Death X War OTP

Offline

sos yer mum

chantal71

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 12/17/2010 22:55:26
Messages: 4410
Location:
In a nuke warehouse, pointing ballistic missiles at the United States.

Offline

Please stop derailing this thread, especially with tasteless sauce jokes. I thought that everyone had moved on from those.

[WWW]
midnight1999

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 02/09/2015 18:11:05
Messages: 4861
Location:
Death X War OTP

Offline

You're taking this way too seriously

eme12

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 05/13/2009 20:39:42
Messages: 1915
Location:
pee pee wee wees in my butt

Offline

dragonboy is right and i think i have a solution.

let's give some of the so-called trolls sporemaster too, so that everything is balanced.

i elect as our two troll sporemasters, me and mike_pence.

we will serve you all greatly.

>be me
>king of Sporechan
eme12

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 05/13/2009 20:39:42
Messages: 1915
Location:
pee pee wee wees in my butt

Offline

but no seriously, i agree with dragon but i have doubts this is actually a serious, genuine thread.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/05/2018 02:16:48

>be me
>king of Sporechan
chantal71

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 12/17/2010 22:55:26
Messages: 4410
Location:
In a nuke warehouse, pointing ballistic missiles at the United States.

Offline

midnight1999 wrote:You're taking this way too seriously

I beg to differ, you're not taking this seriously enough. In fact, you're as serious as the OP.

eme12 wrote:but no seriously, i agree with dragon but i have doubts this is actually a serious, genuine thread.

Maybe it could've been if it hadn't been derailed.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/05/2018 02:19:25

[WWW]
dragonBoy2006

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 10/28/2015 15:19:10
Messages: 1590
Location:
7-day suspension

Offline

See, this is exactly what I'm talking about. If I derailed a thread in the same fashion as midnight did here, I'd be banned. But since she isn't labeled a 'troll' it's just fine.

And yes, this is a genuine thread. Can you guys stop labeling me and actually let me speak my mind? Not everything I do is 'not genuine'.

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: