The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Can someone just check and see if my adventure is still working  XML
Forum Index » Spore Help
Snewbew

Microbe

Argh sorry if this is a little dumb. I just recently managed to get online in this game(bought the game one or two years ago on steam but i never quite had the patience to solve the not being able to connect online issue until recently) and I'm not so sure how the online of the game works. I did look at the main topic of this forum but I hadn't seen anything addressing the issues I'm having but if it has been addressed and I manage to resolve such I'll delete this once i figure out how to do so.

Okay so here's the problem:

edit: I realized that might public profile just shows that i don't have any captains so this isn't an issue anymore
ignore everything in red

I recently went to my Sporepedia(web) page and on the galactic adventures tab where it's supposed to show you highest level captain it showed just one of captains i made for an adventure(that im still working on) instead of my main captain.

This is what is showing up:

This is my captain: (as you can see, she is being shared online)

I looked through my Sporepedia page on the web and realized that my captain wasn't there either. I had been doing a lot of maxis missions to level her up so idk if that could be the issue, changing her outfit after playing maxis missions??
Anyways I thought I could, maybe fix this in some way somehow. I don't remember my thought process but I thought that, if I deleted the main species from the Sporepedia(on the web), i could re-share them back on the game and that might fix the problem. I was wrong, it just created a problem worse than having people think my main captain is an edgy looking mage.

Now to the actual problem:

So, the problem that arrived was that. The creature i deleted on sporepedia was said to still be shared online

So, to understand why this is a problem, you have to understand that i made an adventure using this creature in specific. Now what i want to know is, will people still be able to play my adventure now that this creature is deleted from sporepedia?
This is the adventure.
That's my biggest concern because i want people to be able to play my adventure.

Anyways, if anyone could at least tell me if the adventure is still working that would be appreciated(the first creature you talk to is supposed to be a Draquien)

Sorry if the way I worded certain things was confusing

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/03/2018 20:48:24

Love
Snewbew <3
[MSN]
Snewbew

Microbe

tl;dr: My spore page wasnt showing up my actual captain. I seeing if i could fix it by deleting the main species from the sporepedia website, thinking i could simply share it again from my game and i realized i couldn't

I just want to know if you can still play my adventure(and if you can if the right species shows up)
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-Snewbew%7C501055262884%3Asast-501055533414

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/03/2018 14:38:25

Love
Snewbew <3
[MSN]
chantal71

Civilized Sporeon

In a nuke warehouse, pointing ballistic missiles at the United States.

These glitches have become quite infamous, at least to me. If a creation used in a save file in Spore gets automatically shared to the Spore servers, then by my experience, it wasn't actually shared onto the servers. Since you used the in-game model of your empire's species in your adventure, then the adventure likely won't work.

Luckily, there are some workarounds. First, there's a website called Sporistics, which allows you to look at additional information on creations and adventures. What you'll want to do is search for your adventure, then select Analysis, which will allow you to find a complete list of the PNG files of every creation in the adventure, including those which were deleted, which may then be copied onto your computer and manually dragged into Spore, allowing access to the creations if they're not available online, yet in an adventure which is online.

But as people likely won't know or bother to go through the effort of doing that, what you'll have to do is identify the creations not on the Spore server, go into the editor and save each creation again, (This may require one or more edits, but they can be undone.) release the doubled creations online yourself, then replace the originals in the adventure and upload that edit of the adventure.

If you don't want the original upload online after that, you can log onto the Spore website and delete it there from the online Sporepedia.

[WWW]
Snewbew

Microbe

Thank you!
I might reupload the adventures later, perhaps not so soon because ive done that a lot to fix bugs and ive made a joke "easy" version (which got pretty popular and featured for some reason?) and it uses that creature i had deleted and people still seem to be able to play it from what ive seen by looking at my sporepoints.
I realized you can still access the page for the creature on the sporepedia if you have the link so perhaps it is still downloading the creature just fine.
I'm not 100% sure however

Love
Snewbew <3
[MSN]
chantal71

Civilized Sporeon

You're welcome. Assuming that you mean the same thing that most of us do when we say featured, this page shows every featured creation and adventure, so you can check if your adventure really was featured. Note that very little has been featured lately.

[WWW]
Snewbew

Microbe

It's not there
I think I just saw it appear on the "most popular recent" thing and i thought that meant i was featured

Love
Snewbew <3
[MSN]
chantal71

Civilized Sporeon

That would explain it. Seeing as fewer adventures are uploaded nowadays, it's become common for adventures with just a few thumbs up to get in that list.

[WWW]

Forum Index » Spore Help
Go to: