The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
An idea for a mod. Please help me!  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
VanillaCold57

Microbe

I have a great idea for a mod, which nobody has made before.
The Grox Archetype.
Superpower: Planet-buster.
Grox voice and background included.

Sure, people have made this mod before, but there is no superpower, only the voice and background.
I have tried to make this, but I can't do it. I'm using the Steam version, and SporeModder.
Please help me make this mod!

A limit of 255 characters applies here. I better make use of them!
dragonBoy2006

Civilized Sporeon

No, I think we could come up with betetr mods. Like maybe social archetype/

DarkMagickan

GalacticGod

Yes. Do it. Grox archetype!

Snewbew

Microbe

I'm not very sold on the idea just yet.
I assume you'd only be able to get this archetype by doing a mission for the grox. Like you do when you want to change archetypes.
And the name grox archetype sounds odd, perhaps rename it into something like guardian archetype? The grox are known for guarding the galactic core.

Anyways, i think if you can come up with a good description of what the archetype is about it would make things more interesting

Love
Snewbew <3
[MSN]
Pickachufire

Microbe

Snewbew wrote:I'm not very sold on the idea just yet.
I assume you'd only be able to get this archetype by doing a mission for the grox. Like you do when you want to change archetypes.
And the name grox archetype sounds odd, perhaps rename it into something like guardian archetype? The grox are known for guarding the galactic core.

Anyways, i think if you can come up with a good description of what the archetype is about it would make things more interesting

I'm all for Snewbew's idea on this, having just named the Grox archetype is... weird.

Maybe there is a way for people to dislike you once you're this archetype? Alien races hate the Grox enough as it is, so I don't think they'd like another Grox replica hanging around, kind of how everyone hates you once you ally the Grox.

I'm a cool cat.

Help creating Galactic Adventures:

BlueBlaze260

Multicellular

I wanna say that I recall a rather well-known Spore mod (Platinum Spore, if I'm not mistaken?) actually did something very similar to this idea. I believe running Spore with said mod installed, it changed the "Knight" Archetype into an unofficial archetype named simply called "Grox" where the Archetype's card color matched that dark purple-ish color of the Grox Empire.

Naturally, however, this was rather silly since one of the possible trait combinations for obtaining this "Grox" archetype could be Carnivore, Predator, Friendly, and Economic, and obviously the two latter qualities in bold do not match the Grox's personality at all.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/09/2018 03:07:38

This insightful post is brought to you by...

//BlueBlaze260\\
-------------------------------------------
My Spore Page: CHECK ME OUT, YO!
[WWW]
Snewbew

Microbe

I think if there was a mod that did add a grox archetype, I think it should be only be able to be achieved by doing an archetype mission with the grox rather than by evolution.
So, you'd have to actually ally the grox to be worthy of the guardian archetype.
If that's the case, I think the archetype should also add the ability to produce spice in T0 planets perhaps? Probably with some limitations not to be too overpowered. The grox aren't very enthusiastic colonists if you ever tried to fight them, their cities near the border are pretty easy to conquer and perhaps there might be a reason for them not placing many building in their colonies.

Love
Snewbew <3
[MSN]

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: