The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Camp Alice [OOC]  XML
Forum Index » Spore Roleplay
DarkLove979

Civilized Sporeon

A dark, sci-fi, meta-human RP. Based off of an old unfinished concept from RPX, called “Darksol Serum,” by The Real Shade, but modified to fit a different audience. All original credit goes to Shade.

============================================

Date: 11-03-27

“Oh my god. We did it.”

Bam. The blackness of the cold November air was broken by a sudden explosion of white lights. The concrete was exposed, the tempestuous winds cast off by helicopter blades scattering any speck of dust or dirt settled upon it. In the midst of the blinding spotlights were two figures: one hulking, the other minute.

The first was a man, his dark red jumpsuit denoting his threat level, and an ID number stamped across his shoulder. His lengthy black hair flew wildly in the wind. He was a towering seven feet tall, and his companion, a small girl of a mere four feet, stood behind him.

“No...”

“I have been beyond lenient with you,” said the voice of another man. Several other figures raced out from the sidelines. Seemingly from nowhere, they took positions under the vast sisterhood of helicopters, suited in full Kevlar gear, holding high grade military assault weapons, machine guns, etc. Each was pointed at the two prisoners. Finally a man stepped out into the light, one wearing a heavy black leather trench coat, a stripped scarf around his neck and thick black goggles around his eyes. His hair was jet black, with a few strands of aged silver crisscrossing around his ears. “Do you honestly think you are special? Out of twenty thousand meta-humans in this facility? You...?” He said, trailing off. “Your powers have been trickier for me to control. I have kept my men from shooting you on sight for months because I have been so intrigued in what potential you have. But now... now I don’t really care. This? No one gets away with this.” The man raised his hand, as to alert the soldiers to ready their aim.

”Wait.”

The man’s hand froze. The voice has channeled through a bullhorn. That voice. No. Was she really here? God, no. One of the helicopters began to lower onto the ground. The force of the wind began to push against the man in leather. He turned, watching the metal hawk descend like a stone feather, gently touching the concrete roof of they building, upon which they stood. The door quickly slid open. High heeled boots sprawled from the space and hit the pavement. They pedestaled a tall woman with an hourglass figure. Her body was embellished in exotic red fur, a necklace of sparkling clear quartz dripped across her shoulders. Her hair was whiter than pearl, and her skin was undoubtedly abnormal. A strange white-gray, with some pink pigments flushing through it. Her makeup was superb, the jewels on her fingers—dazzling. And the scarlet color of her irises was a bitter knife to the bravery of men.

“Miss Faust... What are you doing here?” The man in leather asked.

The woman reached forward, ripping a thick, silk glove off and unveiling a white hand, tipped with ruby fingernails—stiletto, and claw-like. With a simple hand gesture, her index finger stretched into a long needle. She made the shape of a gun and quickly knocked it up, a loud pop following as two long needles ripped through the air, piercing the chests of the two prisoners.

“No... please...” The man in the jumpsuit mumbled. “Pleeeeeeaaassssjjjjjjj...” His lips trembling. The corners of his mouth began to emit a clear foam. His eyes, rolling back as heavy eyelids began to clasp them shut. First his knees, then his face, he had fallen. And the girl behind him only mimicked him. Their bodies lied strung out against the concrete, twitching aimlessly. Their skin crawled, uncontrollably.

Faust looked back at the man in goggles. “Surprises, surprises, dear. I heard you weren’t doing so hot, so I decided to take a visit to my old lab. Seems like the rumors were correct. My goodness, August, you’re so much more merciful than I remember. The old man I fought with in the nineties wouldn’t bat an eye to kill a test subject. My, my. Have you grown soft?”

“Please, Miss Faust... I have things under control he—“

“Evidently you don’t. You allowed a meta-human to climb its way to the god forsaken roof. The roof, August! The roof! What the hell do you think this place is? Day care for freaks? I can’t even imagine what you’ve allowed to slip by within these walls. For this reason, I’m going to be returning for an extensive stay—to do some tidying up,” Faust replied. “My men will be moving in, as well as everyone who works for me. And August, I want you to know... I show myself only on the most serious occasions. This is no laughing matter. Now, dispose of these two bodies. I have extracted their Metablood with my needles, so that their abilities can be reproduced. Your little project is preserved, but your mistakes are not... I will remember this, August.”

=================================================

Welcome to CAMP ALICE—a clandestine detention facility, cut off from the rest of the world, in a remote, unknown location. The CIA and DoD are funding a black site, owned and operated by the VENUS Corporation, a bio-engineering and geneticist division of the DoD.

Not long ago, some of the world’s most esteemed scientists were paid off by the Americans to produce one of the most powerful biological enhancements in the history of mankind. They call this ICHOR Serum. It began in the seventies and eighties as a series of mind altering chemicals, drugs like LSD and DMT, and some bodily augmentations. Project ICHOR worked closely with MK-ULTRA, however it was at this point only sketches and rough drafts. Fast forward several decades, solid results began to show. The culmination of many years of work was the Ichor Serum, the first few prototypes effectively produced just before 9/11. This, the Ichor Serum, gave humans unpredictable powers.

The Bio-Race had begun. The Soviets were developing their own version of it, and the Communists, and others. All kept hidden under wraps. However, the Americans were the only ones to develop significant progress. The Ichor Serum remains confined to one place: Camp Alice, the home of several thousand unwilling “test subjects.”

Normal people. Average joes. Your teachers and mailmen, homeless people and customer service representatives. Retailers, the occasional veteran, etc. The nobodies of the world, taken from their homes in the middle of the night. Knocked out, then waking up, strapped to stainless steel tables. Their arm still jumping with that warm, fuzzy feeling from where they injected the serum—that is, if they survived it. The tests are crude, brutal, and bloody. The serum only works about half of the time. It’s all part of the Metamorphic Trials—the first tests a prisoner undergoes, as they transform from human to something much more—mutant. Meta-human.

Of course, you can imagine the kind of security this place has. Alice is one of the most heavily fortified facilities the US has ever invested in. With what’s inside that place—who can blame them? Just imagine if that got out. Thus, the prisoners are kept under iron-fist-fashion care. If any of them acts out, attempts to escape, etc, they must immediately be dealt with—even disposed of. Of course, things were getting a little relaxed around the facility with August Bianchi as the chief of administration over the facility. However, word reached the VENUS Corporation of Bianchi’s failures, which prompted the President of the organization to return to Camp Alice—Madam Juno Faust. Since her return, things have been brutal for the prisoners. Meta-humans are shot on-sight if they act even slightly suspicious. After all, there’s twenty-thousand more where they came from. Nobody is special. And Lady Faust does not discriminate.

Now...
Your character will be one of the newest detainees. What powers the Ichor has given you, is your choice. The Ichor bestows to each individual different abilities, and it is completely unpredictable. You can have whatever ability you like (within reason). That is, assuming you survived the Metamorphosis. But we will assume for the sake of the story that you did. You wake up in a cramped prison cell with only small fragments of memories from what happened. And you don’t have full control over your powers yet—you are still getting used to them. They’re new, they’re foreign, you have no idea what you’re capable of.

But those few meta-humans that do realize what they are capable of are usually killed before they can do anything. The government has no use for soldiers it cannot control. They run tests and trials to see what the Ichor is capable of—if your powers can be controlled, channeled, and used in an efficient way, etc. Most high-tier powers are eliminated immediately. If a prisoner seems to pose a great threat, they are silenced as quickly as possible.

You have only a few routes to take in this tale of woe. You can give in and give up, roll over and let them kill you. You could totally give up, because despite your wildest fantasies—there is no escaping Camp Alice. None. At least, there’s no escaping it alive. Or, of course, comply with their demands. Undergo their tests, let them do as they please. At least, until their tests kill you. Or you could try to win their favor, play the right games and please the right people. Be careful, be sly, be strong, and show them how big your balls really are—and why they should want them. You just may have to sell your soul to survive. Whoever said Stockholm Syndrome was such a bad thing?

Your Options...
You can use aggression to get your way—but on your own, it’s a suicide mission. If the entire facility stood up at once, it would take the collective force of the entire planet to stop them. However, how willing are your fellow inmates? The chances are slim to none that any of them would help you, because fear has penetrated them so deeply. The memories of their friends being taken by firing squad, incinerated, blown to pieces, etc... is crippling to their innovation and their moxy. If you choose the aggression route, good luck.

But look, this is all a big game. And you have to play your cards right. You have to be smart. You can use intelligence—even the doctors who will be testing you don’t know everything. They might not have the street smarts you have, or they might not even have the same kind of wit you do. They have their own character flaws on their own. They’re not gods. And the same goes for the rest of the facility: the guards, the soldiers, the workers. They’re human. But they’re well-armed, well-protected humans. You just may have to use your head, or your body. There is always seduction. You may need to put out from time to time. Trick them. Manipulate, seduce, outwit, play your games... There are secrets all around you. It’s all a game. But the way you play this game is up to you.

But you must do something.

====================================

Notes
Most of these are rehashes from the old RP, but are very important for you to know:

1. You are clueless about Camp Alice. You have no idea where it is, how big it is, the layout, the people working there, how many people are there, the fortifications, etc. You’re clueless. The most you know is that you’re a prisoner who has been given strange powers you don’t yet understand. And the most after that, perhaps you know all the other prisoners in your cell block. But beyond that? It’ll take some time to learn. You were sedated at home (or wherever you were, whatever you were doing), when everything went black. You woke up inside of the facility, when they were administering the Ichor. You have no memories of the outside, the way to get out, etc. Nothing.

2. You are disposable. The facility doesn’t give a rat’s fuzzy left cheek about you. If you screw up, piss off the guards, attempt to break out—you are liable to be killed. The security doesn’t play around, here. You’re not special to them.

3. You’re not special to anyone. You’re not famous. You’re an average day person. It would draw attention if a famous person or a four-star general went missing, now wouldn’t it? They only kidnap average civilians. And some, we can theorize, are bred within the facility.

4. Your powers have drawbacks and consequences. Your powers don’t come freely. The energy has to come from some place. The consequences can be simple, or they can be extremely intricate and complex. Sometimes simple wit or intelligence will prove more useful than supernatural gifts. The bigger the power, the more crippling the consequence. (Tip: give your characters powers that are useful for more things than just combat. Be creative.)

5. You are still human. You have powers, maybe even a different physiology, a different skin or type of body, but you’re still human. You still have a human personality, and a human root. You should portray the human psyche accurately, and you should use character development. And, like the last RP, this RP will “enforce realism.” Use “realistic” powers, and nothing far out.

7. This is a BAD RP. Things will get REALLY dark. There will be violence, sexual situations, drugs, mature content. Our aim here is “messed up stuff.” And we are going to portray it vividly. If you aren’t okay with that, this RP seriously isn’t for you. This will be a heavily psychological RP, and there will be all kinds of gore, and inappropriate topics touched. Things will get weirder, more risqué, and more blasphemous as we go. Also, keeping all this in mind, remember that this facility is out in the middle of nowhere: exempt from laws. But, this might not be a bad thing, if you’re character is willing to get down and dirty.

===================================

Rules
1. This RP will get dark, as stated before. You need to come in to this RP expecting, or at least realizing that it is possible that your character(s) may die. Of course, nobody wants that (and the owner of the character must give their permission before its killed off) and I’m not saying every character shall die. But keep in mind that it is very possible and by no means unlikely. (Of course, you can always make more.)

2. No rigged characters (example: he won the nobel prize before he was out of college. He killed terrorists before he got out of training, he did this and that, won this achievement, knows how to do this, has this elite skill set, etc.)

3. NO Mary-Sue characters. This means characters that seem perfect and have no solid flaws or traits. (Note: villains can be Mary-sues as well. Nobody should be all good or all evil, or display no interesting traits. All characters should be a mix of both. Also, the standard rules apply: no godmodding, OP characters, power play, spotlighting, etc.

4. I’m going to quote what the old RP said for this one:
”SOME autohitting is allowed. If you're standing over someone who's sleeping with a knife, yeah, slit their throat. In some situations, it's fine. However, be courteous. Be realistic in fights, and allow yourself to miss/be hit accordingly.”

5. Posts need to be literate and detailed. At least 1 paragraph per post, not counting dialogue.

6. There is no limit on violence in this RP. Have your characters attack or kill whoever they want: guards, other subjects, etc. (Subjects are not penalized for killing each other, only if they act out against guards and authority.)

7. Cursing, violence, and sexual situations are allowed. There are no limits. However, please do not go overboard on the sexual scenarios. Leave those parts out and allow the audience to use their imagination. No p0rn please. Unless you’d like to write it in a PM and send it to other players.

8. Go wild! Have fun with this.

====================================

Sheet Template

You may PM me any part of this sheet to keep it secret from other players. Fields marked with asterisks are optional altogether, though.

Name:
Personality: (what are they like? What are their beliefs, morals, experiences, background, values, things they do for fun?)
Physical Description: (describe their body. Be detailed. No need to worry about clothes, everyone is wearing an orange jumpsuit at first.)
*Bio/History: (totally optional. If you choose to do it, keep it short.)
Skills: (what is their skill set? It can be anything within reason. It can be advanced skills learned from college or training or it can be simple things they are good at (ex: out-drinking friends))
*Weaknesses: (fears, temptations, etc. Or you can include this in the Personality section and leave this out)
*Strengths: (the strong points of their personality and identity. Or same as above)
Power: (be as detailed as possible. Make it “realistic.” Try to find powers that are both practical and good for combat. Also, avoid typical powers like fireballs, ice frenzies, and lizard men)
Consequence/Drawback: (you have a choice. You can write this yourself—in which case it must fit your character and their power—or you can let me create the consequence for you. I’ll give you a choice of 3 different drawbacks for your character’s power. In which case, write “Darkel’s choice” in this area. I promise, I’ll make it cool.)
Other: Anything else?

Note: Some of my characters that have large plot involvement will not have sheets. Mainly, the antagonist characters and facility aligned characters. This is the only exception, though.

================================

The Enemy
Let me go ahead and tell you about your opposition. The antagonists can be divided into 3 groups: the “workers” (i.e. soldiers, guards, etc) and the Administration of the facility, who run the place, and the higher-ups in the VENUS Corporation, who rarely show their faces.

The guards are not to be taken lightly or looked over. They are the equivalent of Navy SEALS, Delta operatives, etc. or in many cases they are just that. They often wield high-powered weaponry and the top echelons of military guns. The facility is guarded by helicopters, drones, even tanks and humvees.

The Administration is composed of a group of scientists and their families, who help them administer tests and facilitate experiments. The Director/Chief of this Administration is Dr. August Bianchi, a man who has conquered the scientific community and won a lot of Nobel Prizes. He’s more than qualified for the job. He has a total of five sons and one daughter: who are much more familiar to prisoners, as they are often the ones who conduct tests ordered by their father and report back with the results.

The VENUS Corporation is composed of high echelons and military elites. There are many folks from the DoD there, as well as other rich officials who happened to score in their investments with the facility. The lead of this group, though, is the beautiful Lady Faust. One of the only mutants free from the authority of the facility, Miss Juno Faust rarely shows herself. If she makes herself seen, or interferes with a situation, it must be very important. Her pride shields her from seeing very many things as worth her time. One look at her and you know she’s one of the wealthiest people on the planet. This lady makes the Rothschilds look like middle class Americans. She is dazzling, but terrifying. Not only is she intelligent, and was involved in the early creation of the Ichor, but she is incredibly dangerous. Very few people who piss her off live to tell the tale. Be cautious if you encounter her.

Some extra things to note: surveillance is unavoidable. Nearly every inch and crevice of the facility is monitored. All sounds are heard. You’ll never know privacy again. However, very little interference is present. Some question if the surveillance is even there, because nothing happens. There is rarely interference. This might be evidence of studying going on, or simply a lazy worker behind the computer.

Helpful tip: eavesdrop. On anyone. It may help.

If this RP doesn’t work out, I will destroy the Sporum.

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at 12/30/2017 18:18:33

DarkLove979

Civilized Sporeon

Accepted Characters

DarkLove979
- Gianna
- Theo

Zolfus
- Stefan

Runlock
- Rune and Runa

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 12/30/2017 18:32:44

DarkLove979

Civilized Sporeon

Reserved, go ahead and post.
Runlock

Civilized Sporeon

Dumping chemicals in the water supply to turn the frogs gay.

I am lazy do I have to come up with an original concept or can I just be a talking roll of duct tape.

DarkLove979

Civilized Sporeon

Runlock wrote:I am lazy do I have to come up with an original concept or can I just be a talking roll of duct tape.

Nah it doesn’t have to be 100% original or convoluted. I just don’t want anything seriously unoriginal (fireballs, lightning, lizard men, etc...)

When I’m running low on super power ideas, I always rip something from this site:

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Superpower_Wiki

You can do that. Just make sure it’s not OP lol.

But that’s a no on the duct tape, fam.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/29/2017 04:40:36

Runlock

Civilized Sporeon

WD-40 it is then

Zolfus

Microbe

Okay, so a few things. I'm having issues with the drawbacks so I'll probably PM that to you and once that's set, I have an image of the character as well. When I post the sheet here, may I post the character sketch with it? I only ask since there's no mention of a sketch or visual.

By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.
[WWW]
DarkLove979

Civilized Sporeon

Zolfus wrote:Okay, so a few things. I'm having issues with the drawbacks so I'll probably PM that to you and once that's set, I have an image of the character as well. When I post the sheet here, may I post the character sketch with it? I only ask since there's no mention of a sketch or visual.

Yeah that’s fine. Just make sure you write out their appearance when you introduce them in the IC and you should be good.
Zolfus

Microbe

Alrighty, sent you a message and will type up a full sheet soon.

[WWW]
DarkLove979

Civilized Sporeon

Name: Gianna
Sex: Female
Personality: Gianna is hard to deal with. He’s a bit hard-headed, stubborn, and impulsive. In fact, she’s extremely impulsive. She’s never done well with authority, even as a child. She gets herself into tough situations, always digging herself a deeper hole, and she only makes things more difficult on herself. You might even feel sorry for her, but she replies, screw your sympathy! Other than her angry quirks and hot-headed temperament, Gianna is a fun-loving girl with a rotten sense of humor. When she cools down, steps back, and thinks, she can actually be quite a smart girl. Although she’s impulsive, she knows how to act during confrontation, and has a good gut that tells her when to flee or back down—most of the time, any way. She’s also an open book—ask her anything, she’ll tell you. She doesn’t believe in privacy, and everything is shared in her world. What’s mine is your’s, is her life motto.

Physical Description: Gianna’s skin is moderately toned. Her hair, however, is deep brunette—actually, more black than anything. Her eyes are a mismatched—one blue, the other, hazel. She has a face which one would consider attractive—full lips, smooth cheeks, naturally long eyelashes, etc. She has an ever so slight splatter of freckles, just barely visible, across her face. Her body is slim shaped and curved enough to fuel a man’s libido. However, she is not entirely perfect in terms of beauty. The Metamorphosis Trials left her with a large pale scar across the left side of her face.

Skills: Gianna is a good shot. She spent lots of time in shooting ranges with her dad, growing up, and learned self defense throughout her childhood—she ranked well in karate, had a few classes in this type and that type. She had wanted to pursue a career in boxing, growing up, but her dreams were squished when her father forbade it. Gianna, surprisingly, is good at making others laugh with her sarcasm and snide remarks. But her big mouth has never failed to get her in trouble. Gianna also loves to sing. She has a beautiful voice, one that could soothe a person to sleep.

Weaknesses: Gianna is terrified of spiders, and also isn’t too fond of needles. She used to have a drinking problem, however, she mostly has it under control now—of course it won’t matter anyway in prison. While she has fairly high standard of self respect, Gianna is still victim to sensuality. She may be wooed successfully if she’s in the right mood.

Strengths: Gianna is physically strong, opinionated, careful and cautious, etc. She has, what one would call, “common sense.” She also fights the darkness of her surroundings for preserve a sense of morality and humanity within herself.

Power: Metal/Earth Absorption. Gianna can absorb various metals and minerals into her own body. She may transmute different parts of her body into metals: most commonly, her skin. If she touches steel, she can draw it into her and cause her arm or torso to become complete steel. She can do this with metals, minerals, rocks, etc. But she gets the most out of metal or steel. Her skin is not the only thing she transmutes. Sometimes she may transmute her bones, when she needs to protect them from being broken as easily. Sometimes she transmutes her entire fist—bone flesh, and skin, to enable more deadly blows. She thins the metal at certain parts of her body to make it flimsy and good for movement. It behaves differently while attached to her body than it would ordinarily. It is under the influence of the Ichor.

She also has some ability to manipulate metals outside of her body, to change their shape, position, etc. However, this is very limited and she isn’t sure how to even do it.

Consequence/Drawback: Every time Gianna uses her power, she bleeds from most of her orifices (mouth, nose, ears, etc) and may even puke clots of blood—depending on how much she strained her powers. She also grows incredibly weak and her legs usually grow completely numb, although this usually only happens when she exerts herself. For small transmutations, such as the fist trick, the bleeding of the orifices is the only effect. She also cannot transmute her entire body. Her blood, brain, and vital organs cannot be transmuted. They can be encased, but not transmuted. She usually cannot transmute the entire surface of her skin without extreme exertion and power—such that she has not yet discovered within herself, but she theorizes that it is possible.

Other: N/A
Zolfus

Microbe

Name- Stefan V. Harclay

Age- 27

Sex- Male

Personality- Introverted, quiet, skittish, jumpy, paranoid, gentle, polite, patient, obedient. Occasionally aggressive, sarcastic, and irritable.
Stefan is what others describe as erratic or socially awkward and he totally admits to it. He has little to no sense of humor, normally ignoring jokes. Doesn't he sound boring already? Well you're in for a treat later then.
The man has no religious preference but will not judge the preferences of others, although his family does have a Christian background so he is not clueless about it. One thing he does believe is cannibalism can be a good thing despite the backlash from society and the diseases that come from it.
Stefan won't lash out unless pushed to his limits, which likely won't happen even if his bones are broken. Insults, physical violence, emotional trauma, you name it. He won't give a SPORE. But ohoho, when he starts getting aggressive there's no telling what will happen. No beans will be spilled so have fun finding out what gets his goat.
Stefan will often mutter about things no one else can see or hear due to his psychosis induced by schizophrenia. Scopophobia adds further to this as he often mutters about seeing eyes on the walls. More often than not, he will not discuss these visions with others.
He is often seen reading, painting, writing, or sleeping. What he won't be doing is swimming, that's for sure.

Physical Description- Lanky, bony, pale, kinda like a skeleton.
Stands tall at 6'7'' and weighs a measly 135 lbs. because he is malnourished. Stefan's dull eyes are a pinkish red due to having albinism and hair is bright white, wavy with curls and often unkept. His height and emaciated appearance looks like it adds a few years to his character, unattractive and somewhat wild. Always looks exhausted and has bags and dark spots under his eyes all to lack of sleep.
What makes him definitely stand out however are large cuspids that are visible when mouth is closed and gray blunt claws. This set of teeth is often compared to that of a gorilla.

Skills- The man came from a medical background so he knows a thing or two about surgery, medicine, and anatomy. In fact, his surgery skills are often compared to that of a professional. As for not-so-useful things he's good at, he is quite light on his feet so he can dance fairly well, which translates into his fighting techniques. Not only this, he has a lovely singing voice to go along although it's not often heard. His painting skills are pretty....obscure.

Weaknesses/Fears- Well he is still human so any of those weaknesses are a given. Stefan is pretty emotionally fragile since he bottles up his emotions and refuses to let anyone know of his issues until he breaks down. His physical state is also not so well since he is severely underweight and would probably snap like a twig if he picks a fight with the wrong person. He's terribly afraid of being stared at so eye contact is very difficult for him, not to mention a slight fear of drowning. That one's not so bad.
What gets him the worst are his medical conditions, listed in Other.

Power- Canine Physiology, meaning he has attributes of animals in the family canidae. These include a wicked strong sense of smell and sensitive hearing. Night vision is very useful for him since it's already hard for him to navigate in normal daylight all thanks to his photophobia.

Drawback- Can easily become visually blind during the transition from a dark place to well-lit or if bright light is directed into his face. The effects can last from minutes to hours depending on the intensity. This being said, flashlights and staying up all night are a nightmare for him.
Strong smells can linger in his nasal cavity for hours if he gets close enough, rendering him completely blind save for his hearing. Good examples of lingering smells are rotting meat and various spices.

Other-
Has quite a few medical conditions, including: polyuria(overproduction of urine), photophobia(sensitivity to light), cystoliths(bladder stones), lactose intolerance, and anxiety.
He is homosexual.
Has a tendency to write himself notes on the walls if he doesn't have anything else to write on.
Originates from Switzerland so he has a light German accent.

Bonus! Visual Reference:

[WWW]
DarkLove979

Civilized Sporeon

Everything looks good to me. Accepted!
DarkLove979

Civilized Sporeon

I went ahead and made the IC. Have your character be part of the group of prisoners brought out of their cells to see the ringleader, Sebastian.

And anyone else who submits something can follow in the same way. This scene will be a get-to-know-each-other scene for most of the prisoners.
Runlock

Civilized Sporeon

I've got a couple of ideas for superpowers buzzing through my head. There's 4 I'm interested in, 2 high Sci-Fi concepts and 2 that are a bit more mystical. I'll throw them out at you and take you guys's input on which might be best.

I'm still feeling a little bit blue-balled about the last RP Dark tried to start here. I had an idea for a hyperempathic being who existed as two seperate entities in the same place at the same time. He would switch between his two different personhoods unwillingly as a result of any subconscious emotional reaction. He would be able to predict the motives and actions of his target with accuracy depending on how passionate said target is. Those who suffer from apathy would be harder to read, while sociopaths and psychopaths would be able to turn the tables and use this power against him. You can read the character sheet on the last RP dark posted here for a more in-depth explanation cause it's complex stuff man. This one's my favorite.

Number two is a bit simpler. The character can summon a shield of pure gravitational energy. To be used as a close range defensive weapon, or thrown at a distance to generate a small scale singularity. Captain America. It's secretly a lazy and unoriginal idea. This one is kinda meh. It's just a power, doesn't really affect the character psychologically in any way that would be interested.

These next two get a bit weirder but simultaneously more mundane.

The character believes she is possessed by Arawyn, the ancient king of the Welsh Otherworld. She has hallucinations where she converses with the entity, who grants her a supernatural charisma that allows her to easily persuade others to her point of view. This character would be a bit of a long-game, with plans to expand her powerset as the RP progresses to eventually take full control of her victims' minds and transform them into Otherworldly beings that obey her every whim. This one's my second choice. I like powers that psychologically alter the mind of their host, and drama could be built around the question of whether or not this Arawyn character exists or if it's just a sympton of mental degradation.

Fourth and final idea that I'm considering: Character has the ability to manipulate the current environment. A sunny day can be turned into sweltering heat. Rain can be turned to hail. That sort of stuff. But weather can not be created from nothing, the conditions for a given astronomical power must already be present in the atmosphere in order to manipulate it. This character also believes themselves to be the mortal incarnation of an ancient god, though this is entirely due to hysteria with no seemingly divine hallucinations involved. The character must also have antlers. This one is my third choice because the powers do not interest me all that much but the antlers do.

No matter which character I eventually end up going with, I would like to have Darkel's choice when it comes to the drawbacks. I simply don't know what kind of drawbacks would be appropriate. Would love to hear everyone's thoughts, anything that inspires me to make a choice is appreciated.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/30/2017 05:38:24

DarkLove979

Civilized Sporeon

I do like the first idea, it’s also my favorite. Although instead of being able to predict motives and actions, I think it would be fairer for other characters if he could merely assume the direction their motives or intentions are going, so that’s it’s less precise. Also, keep in mind that the characters are all still just learning how to use their new powers. So he may have to learn how to hone the accuracy of this power, and work through some errors along the way.

I also like idea 3, although it would probably have to be toned down as far as the mind-control thing goes. But I think the whole Arawyn thing is totally awesome.

Since you said option one is your favorite, and I agree, I’ll just give you some drawbacks to choose from for it. And if you end up going with any of the others, I’ll make new ones to suit it. But for now here’s this:

Firstly, I think the empathetic powers should be limited to short range, or touch. Or something like that. Also, here’s some ideas for drawbacks:

- Any negative emotions or thoughts he feels from another person cause him great physical discomfort and harm. Perhaps sickness as well. Possibly even injury if the emotion is grave enough.

- Not only does he feel the emotions of a person, but the physical pain they may be suffering is directly mirrored into his body. I.e. if he looks into a person’s mind whilst they’ve been shot, he will feel the bullet as though it is in him just the same.

- He becomes intoxicated by certain emotions, and he will basically go nuts like a crackhead or have some kind of trip. Either way, he won’t possess his wits.

Sound good?

Forum Index » Spore Roleplay
Go to: