The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Realistic Creature Stage AI?  XML
Forum Index » Developer Corner
Poll
Would this work as a mod?
Yes 50% [ 2 ]
No 0% [ 0 ]
Maybe So 50% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4
NathanielRD

Civilized Sporeon

I had posted this on Davo's website, and since no one replied, I am going to try here.

So I was just thinking, a lot of people called the earlier version of the creature stage "more realistic" because of the wandering hoppers that would roam around the planet. And I heard that this type of AI was never really removed, and still exists in things like rogues, migrating creatures, and epics. I feel like if we can just put that AI into like groups of creature that are just big enough to extinct/ally, then that would make the creature stage a whole lot more realistic.

I mean, then there comes the issue of eggs, and I have a few ideas for it. One is that you can simply remove them and have them spawn off-screen at a certain distance. Another idea is that they lay the egg on the ground and surround it until it hatches. A slight variation of this is that they hatch the egg on the ground and just leave it there, kind of like the the cell stage. The last one is kind of similar to the second one, you can have them set up a small temporary nest (You can use the animation from the migration scene) and have them guard the nest until the egg hatches.

I have more ideas for a more realistic creature stage but this is just really my first big one.

"Use the Referral Code KEEM and get 10% off your entire order! http://www.CoolCatLovesYou.com" - @CoolCatlovesyou, 2016

[WWW]
ChocIce75

MouthBreather

This needs to be a mod, maybe it could be part of the "Spore 2" community project?
(The community project is here, if you want to know where to find it.)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 12/05/2017 21:45:04

Watch the creations grow!
[WWW]
NathanielRD

Civilized Sporeon

ChocIce75 wrote:This needs to be a mod, maybe it could be part of the "Spore 2" community project?
(The community project is here, just if you want to know where to find it.)

I don't know, I kind of agree with Kyle when he said it would better just to wait for Spore 2.

I tried to make this easy for modders, giving them in-game examples to use including code and animation. That being said, I don't know if this is even possible.

"Use the Referral Code KEEM and get 10% off your entire order! http://www.CoolCatLovesYou.com" - @CoolCatlovesyou, 2016

[WWW]
ChocIce75

MouthBreather

Well, there is already the Creature Stage Overhaul, which makes rouges appear in big packs, so maybe somebody (like Davo) could make every rouge have normal health and appear to be normal sized, and then make rouges spawn very often in nest-sized packs. The person could also change it's name from "Rouge (creature name goes here.)", to "Wandering (creature name goes here.)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 12/05/2017 22:04:37

Watch the creations grow!
[WWW]
Sharples65

GalacticGod

NathanielRD wrote:

I mean, then there comes the issue of eggs, and I have a few ideas for it. One is that you can simply remove them and have them spawn off-screen at a certain distance. Another idea is that they lay the egg on the ground and surround it until it hatches. A slight variation of this is that they hatch the egg on the ground and just leave it there, kind of like the the cell stage. The last one is kind of similar to the second one, you can have them set up a small temporary nest (You can use the animation from the migration scene) and have them guard the nest until the egg hatches.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

[Email] [WWW]
ashkelon

GalacticGod

Long time back there was an amazing designer, PacoPaco, who tackled the heavy lifting on AI changes and controls for Spore. Sadly, the flash mod mock ups are no longer view-able, but the discussion is still there.

http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/18606.page

He really spelt out great controls and options. I sincerely wish they had considered implementing his design. Spore would've been so much richer for it.

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in, hold you in.
***** Text 'upr8rs R h8rs' to 77673 *****

Forum Index » Developer Corner
Go to: