The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Winter War 2017 Winners Announced  XML
Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
Poll
Who's side are you on?
I'm working for Santa 32% [ 7 ]
I'm supporting the Anti-Claus 18% [ 4 ]
Whichever pays more, get my services 45% [ 10 ]
I don't make merry at Christmas. Bah Humbug! 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 22
Mavor

Civilized Sporeon

Look down. You are flying over me right now.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 01/15/2018 05:47:22

Mavor

Civilized Sporeon

Reserved plus a very good comment from the last war.
Ansje wrote: Don't worry about the "War", it was a traditional X-mas challenge for years (2011, 2012 and 2013) and thanks to Mavor now is again and it is not really meant to make a real war but to inspire folks to not only create but to write storyline together with it. Even goes back to 2010 when Mavor, Kamitue and MichaelModPerry started to create and write "The Frightmas Chronicles" during a Xmas contest I hosted back then. It was always great fun and back then a welcome addition to the storyline of a GA that was made out of the entries. There always was a balance between Santa and the AC, at the end we all love Xmas too much to have this festivity unnoticed on Spore. Several of the creators entering this challenge I "know" for many years on Spore, I never feel attacked in person when they create something against a creation of me, I can only laugh about what they have created and written and I am always looking forward to the next episodes. I think the other creators of this challenge have a similar opinion about it.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 11/25/2017 02:19:41

Mavor

Civilized Sporeon

Beast Creature:
1st shunkerbelle-
2nd Place Alespill-
3rd Place tonysaur-

Best Prop
1st Place - Krammekat -
2nd Place - Starcutter -
3rd Place NathanielRD -

Most innovative

Rovam (I know i said I couldn't compete, , but in my defense I did come up with a hippo ballerina and a Ramen Shop for Elves)

Best Story
tonysaur

This message was edited 18 times. Last update was at 01/15/2018 05:46:07

Starcutter

MouthBreather

The first weapon rolls into play: The Christmas canon cannon! Capable of firing snowballs, ornaments, elves, and more, it tends to usually hit those in the Anti-Claus's armada who are terrible fanfic writers.

Alespill

Microbe

In front of my laptop with a cup of tea near it.

Count me in! I've got a couple nice ideas... Heh-heh... >:}

Mavor

Civilized Sporeon

The Anti Claus had expected the jolly old fool to be the first to attack.
And was already planning on the revenge he would extract.

From deep in a hanger all covered in snow.
The whirring sounds of engines began to rapidly grow.

A Squadron of flightless birds had just been given wings
To rain down death on Santa's snowball cannon things.

The penguins had all been trained to be pilots first class.
And swiftly completed their mission, handing Santa his as...first defeat.

tonysaur

MouthBreather

Give me some time. I'll have something ready to counter this. I have the opening all planned.

shunkerbelle

Multicellular

Well i'm gonna have a go at this, looks fun...

You really think that's gonna get me down?
Santa said with a frown,

I'm gonna show you so much power,
it's gonna make you sit there and cower

Several figures emerged from the water
all ready and suited for slaughter

They could smell the birds up high
and started shooting them out of the sky

to send the penguins back to the South,
say hello to the polar bear with the mouth

and the obvious large turret on it's back

I hope that sounded ok, i'm not very good with poems

[WWW]
Mavor

Civilized Sporeon

There is no need to attack in rhyming verse.
I alone must suffer this curse.

It's just that I have done so since the the winter wars first began.
Which either makes me a masochist, a demon or a raving madman.
(Smart money is on madman)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/26/2017 01:01:41

Rovam

Microbe

The ballistic bears have downed the pilots and begin to feast.
Ignoring the attack of the Anti Claus, with a new kind of beast.

A fearful fighter perfectly adapted to the cold.
A modified version of the European terrors of old.

For it is not a man that has been changed by the light of an Autumn moon
But the owner of a Volvo, now recast as a WereDeer dragoon
tonysaur

MouthBreather

Here we go!

So it had begun. It was that time of year, and the Anti-Santa was up and at it swinging. The polar bear that had seemed to be working so well had just been carved into mince-meat by some sort of were-deer thing with a scythe.

Santa sat grumbling in front of the TV. Once again, Hallmark was spewing out those stupid, “romantic” Christmas specials again. Santa could never figure out why anyone would watch this trash; each one was pretty much a rehash of the same syrupy story line.

“Bleah!” muttered Santa as essential “dramatic” smooch scene between the two “love”-interests played itself predictably out. “Enough to put a fellow off his chocolate!” Santa shivered a little. Was the room getting colder?

“Darn heating system!” he grunted. “I’d better get an elf to look at it.”

“Oh, I don’t know. I rather like things a little chill myself.”

Santa nearly jumped out of his boots. Seated in the other armchair was a person he had seen before, and wasn’t really sure he was happy to see again, considering past events. Beneath the jeweled belt and buckle was a swirling, sparkling mass of what looked like mist, intermixed with snowflakes. Above was a muscular torso with white and blue skin, bands encircling the bare arms. Where the face was, more swirling mist was present, this flowing back almost like long hair. The person sat quietly gazing at the television, his presence letting off mist and snowflakes, a constant wintery aura.

“So, you watch this . . . channel, do you?” he asked.

“You!” gasped Santa. “You’re back!”

“Yes!” replied the Winter Jinn (for that was indeed who it was). “I have returned . . . Friend!” He cast a glance (assumedly, it was hard to tell with his face) as an alien hurried carrying a mug of hot chocolate, placing it respectfully at Santa’s elbow. “Just as you like it, Sir!” he said, hurrying out. “You’ve had a bit of a boost to the labor force, I see,” observed the Jinn.

“What?” said Santa, still a little befuddled. “Er, or yes, yes I did, last year.” He took a quick pull at the mug, and choked. “Stupid Chocolians!” he growled. “Always too dark! They seem to think that just because they like it that way, everyone else does too! For a race that specializes on chocolate, you’d think they’d . . .” Remembering his guest, he quickly looked at him in what he hoped was a polite fashion. “Sorry,” he said quickly. “What was it you wanted?”

Silently the Jinn held out his hand, and swirling mass of snow and mist appeared, shaping itself into a sphere. In the center, an image formed itself, an image of the battle taking place outside. Santa watched with dismay as the Weredeer stood howling triumphantly over its kill. ‘It would seem you have the usual problems that you’ve been having for the past few years,” said the Jinn

“Yes, I have,” said Santa. He really needed to get round to adding all those Sporum members to the Naughty List.

The Jinn, nodded, smiling. “Of course, you’ll be needing all the help you can get.”

“Of course,” said Santa cautiously. There was obviously a kicker coming.

The Jinn smiled more broadly. “I can provide it for you, but I want something in exchange this time. As I’m sure I don’t need to remind you of what I went through the last two times.” Opening his hand, he produced a flash drive, and dropped it into Santa’s hand. “Give that to the elves, or whatever it is that works for you these days. I need it by Christmas. Do we have a deal?”

Santa hesitated a moment, and then sighed. “Alright, it’s a deal then.”

“Excellent!” said the Jinn. “Now, to the matter at hand.” With a twirl of his hands he produced a small whistle made of ice and blew a sharp blast.

At the very moment that Weredeer was celebrating its victory, the ground suddenly began to shake. Cracks spread through the ice, deepening and widening, until the surface collapsed into a pit out of which came a violent burst of cold mist. This was swiftly followed by an immense, icy dragon, spewing a torrent of blizzard like mists from its maw.

The poor little Weredeer had no time to react; in a trice, it disappeared down the immense ice drake’s throat, never to be seen again

Santa chuckled as he and the Jinn watched this. “That worked out quite well,” he said. He was beginning to feel better about his deal with the Winter Jinn. “Chocozar!” he called to the one Chocolian. “Bring me another mug of hot chocolate, and not so dark this time!” He turned to the Jinn. “Want anything?”

“Ice cold lemonade,” replied the Jinn. “I prefer to keep things chilled.”

“As you like,” replied Santa, turning back to the television. “Bleah!” he muttered after a minute. “Who watches this stuff?”

And there's my first! The Winter Jinn is now officially back in business! AC beware!

NOTE: I'd just like to make a request here. In the last two WinterWars where I involved the Winter Jinn, he got taken out by participants attacking him directly. While I was able to adapt each of those times, I have something very particular in mind this time, so I would like to respectfully request that, while everything the Winter Jinn produces is counterable, the Winter Jinn himself be left alone and not knocked out of the contest.

Thank you.

Alespill

Microbe

His name is Snowee,
And he's a fan of Jowwi.

Though a cutie outside
He caries evil plans inside.

He makes so many snow golems
Anti-Santa gonna have a whole lot of problems!

They run, they throw,
They use a mighty sharp bladed plow!

They've got absolutely no fear,
Run away when these snowmans are near!

It's not as effective to try kill them with fire
Because of cold hearts and strong killing desire!

Though when they fearlessly charging ahead
These snowmans might just loose their head...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/26/2017 13:25:42

Redman9994

Multicellular

isn't key to getting a good deal on a house. ;)

This is my first time doing this. I'm so excited!

A large explosion and shaking of the ground woke up Colonel Sweetworth the elf. He ignored the disturbance as something unusual and tried to fall back to sleep. The Christmas season had begun this year. While it was exciting and Sweetworth enjoyed it, the days became more stressful as Santa Claus' elves worked to fill the orders of presents. He looked to find as many hours of sleep as possible in the early days of the season.

"Colonel Sweetworth, Colonel Sweetworth! The North Pole is being attacked by the Anti-Claus forces again! You're needed at the command headquarters now!" A young elf shouted into Sweetworth's room.

Sweetworth lost all hopes of recouping lost snoozing. But this was an important matter. He rose from his bed, letting the sheets slide off. He went to his dresser and put on his red and green elf uniform. Before leaving, Sweetworth made himself a cup of hot chocolate. Then he was off to the command headquarters.

Colonel Sweetworth was one of the commanders charged with the defense of the North Pole. Although Santa Claus and his Christmas spirit were loved by everyone around the world, there were some who wanted to see this joy factory burned to the ground. None were as infamous as the Anti-Claus. Every Christmas, him and his army left the South Pole to bring ruin to his Northern counterpart. This year was no different, and Sweetworth would see to the preservation of Santa Claus' home. It was not an easy job. The Anti-Claus throws everything and anything towards the destruction of the North Pole. But likewise, the Santa Claus had a lot in its arsenal too. Sweetworth was proud to be leading this fight.

The command HQ buzzed with activity. The elves there were busy with coordinating the defense. The North Pole had several command HQs, and this one was Sweetworth's HQ. It was here that he would wage the war against the Anti-Claus and keep the North Pole secured until Christmas.

"What does the Anti-Claus have for us?" Sweetworth asked an elf working a console.

"Just basic units and bombers, Colonel." The elf said.

"We need to prevent them from getting to the main base and factories. Hand me the radio for the ground commander."

The elf gave Sweetworth the radio.

"Attention. Attention. Cover the ground with the boiling eggnog. The perimeter around the base." Sweetworth relayed the orders.

"Yes, colonel." The elf ground commander confirmed.

A garrison of elves guarded the borders of the North Pole. Today, the Anti-Claus had struck again. They were the frontline elves that would try to stop him from destroying their home.

"Alright boys, command needs us to cover the perimeter with boiling eggnog. Get to it!"

One by one, the elves pushed cauldrons of hot, boiling eggnog to the frontline. They all lined up, from one end of the North Pole to the other. Then, they pushed the cauldrons down, and let the eggnog spill out. The delicious but deadly beverage was sticky, if anything got caught, it would get trapped and meet its demise.

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-501054491401

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 11/26/2017 17:48:34

tonysaur

MouthBreather

The AC could use some help, it looks like he has three different things to counter right now.

Alespill

Microbe

tonysaur wrote:The AC could use some help, it looks like he has three different things to counter right now.

Yeah, true. Though my next creation is gonna be an Anti-Claus servant! ;D

Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
Go to: