The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
I need help, guys  XML
Forum Index » Adventure Corner
Author Message
DarkMagickan


GalacticGod

Joined: 01/30/2014 22:49:08
Messages: 10207
Location:
New North Korea

Offline

I can't get the stupid creatures to do what I want them to in this adventure. All they have to do is follow the player through a door (portal) and walk down a stupid hallway. They can't figure it out.

So I uploaded every element to Imgur: https://imgur.com/a/QXCKx

Can someone please try and help? The script is all there. The goals are all there. It's just the hallway scene where it falls apart.

I'd really appreciate it.

xxAreniaxx


Microbe

Joined: 10/31/2017 06:08:53
Messages: 4
Offline

:sighs:

is an alt. btw, WOFLZ
DarkMagickan


GalacticGod

Joined: 01/30/2014 22:49:08
Messages: 10207
Location:
New North Korea

Offline

Aaaaand I just realized, not even half the creatures, items, etc., even uploaded to Imgur. Suggestions?

DarkMagickan


GalacticGod

Joined: 01/30/2014 22:49:08
Messages: 10207
Location:
New North Korea

Offline

Never mind... let's try this.

Krammekat


Microbe

Joined: 10/29/2017 18:49:08
Messages: 58
Location:
The CRASH Hq

Offline

DarkMagickan wrote:I can't get the stupid creatures to do what I want them to in this adventure. All they have to do is follow the player through a door (portal) and walk down a stupid hallway. They can't figure it out.

So I uploaded every element to Imgur: https://imgur.com/a/QXCKx

Can someone please try and help? The script is all there. The goals are all there. It's just the hallway scene where it falls apart.

I'd really appreciate it.


Getting creatures to walk properly through teleporters/through buildings can be a real hassle.. For me, I've found it's just a lot of trial-and-error. Positioning the creature, tinkering with their behaviour, then testing the adventure only to redo it all.
My best suggestion would be to try a few different "walk patterns" and behaviours, see how it affects them in-game and learning from what you did previously.. Though it may not be a very helpful suggestion

dylans04


Multicellular

Joined: 03/18/2015 14:35:08
Messages: 424
Location:
on the internet

Offline

What's the exact problem? Do you go into the portal and they don't come in through with you? If so, you may want to use Move To instead of Follow.

DarkMagickan


GalacticGod

Joined: 01/30/2014 22:49:08
Messages: 10207
Location:
New North Korea

Offline

dylans04 wrote:What's the exact problem? Do you go into the portal and they don't come in through with you? If so, you may want to use Move To instead of Follow.
Well, that, and the fact that once they finally actually DO go into the portal, they walk around with question marks above their heads, staring at walls, when their main objective is to follow the player.

nutella8888


Multicellular

Joined: 06/17/2017 12:11:07
Messages: 335
Location:
being angry at google for making me clear my cookies & lose rights to moderate my discord servers

Offline


And as I said, the adventure "thumbnail" cannot be imported into Spore to open the adventure in the editor.

nutella8888


Multicellular

Joined: 06/17/2017 12:11:07
Messages: 335
Location:
being angry at google for making me clear my cookies & lose rights to moderate my discord servers

Offline

The image won't show… :Sighs: Why does this always happen with Google Drive pics? :(

Krammekat


Microbe

Joined: 10/29/2017 18:49:08
Messages: 58
Location:
The CRASH Hq

Offline

DarkMagickan wrote:
dylans04 wrote:What's the exact problem? Do you go into the portal and they don't come in through with you? If so, you may want to use Move To instead of Follow.
Well, that, and the fact that once they finally actually DO go into the portal, they walk around with question marks above their heads, staring at walls, when their main objective is to follow the player.


Have you tried advanced behaviors? That feature can work miracles

Krammekat


Microbe

Joined: 10/29/2017 18:49:08
Messages: 58
Location:
The CRASH Hq

Offline

nutella8888 wrote:
And as I said, the adventure "thumbnail" cannot be imported into Spore to open the adventure in the editor.

If you mean screenshots for the adventure thumbnail you should hit up the console command and use freecam - though I could have misunderstood you

ChocIce75


MouthBreather

Joined: 10/14/2017 15:08:08
Messages: 567
Location:
Far away from the Sporums.

Offline

Make the creatures go in first, and add a clone of each creature at the destination. Either do that, or make them the on the player's crew.

Watch the creations grow!
[WWW]
nutella8888


Multicellular

Joined: 06/17/2017 12:11:07
Messages: 335
Location:
being angry at google for making me clear my cookies & lose rights to moderate my discord servers

Offline

Krammekat wrote:
nutella8888 wrote:
And as I said, the adventure "thumbnail" cannot be imported into Spore to open the adventure in the editor.

If you mean screenshots for the adventure thumbnail you should hit up the console command and use freecam - though I could have misunderstood you

What I mean is, when I try to import the adventure "thumbnail" they uploaded into the Spore GA editor, nothing happens.

Krammekat


Microbe

Joined: 10/29/2017 18:49:08
Messages: 58
Location:
The CRASH Hq

Offline

nutella8888 wrote:
Krammekat wrote:
nutella8888 wrote:
And as I said, the adventure "thumbnail" cannot be imported into Spore to open the adventure in the editor.

If you mean screenshots for the adventure thumbnail you should hit up the console command and use freecam - though I could have misunderstood you

What I mean is, when I try to import the adventure "thumbnail" they uploaded into the Spore GA editor, nothing happens.


If what you mean is importing pictures into spore to use as thumbnails for your own adventures, then I would instead suggest using console commands

If what you mean is that you try to download adventures (or other items) from the sporepedia by using drag and drop, you can alternatively click the "thumbnail" and hit the yellow download button

If none of the above then I admit I'm confused '-'

nutella8888


Multicellular

Joined: 06/17/2017 12:11:07
Messages: 335
Location:
being angry at google for making me clear my cookies & lose rights to moderate my discord servers

Offline

Krammekat wrote:
nutella8888 wrote:
Krammekat wrote:
nutella8888 wrote:
And as I said, the adventure "thumbnail" cannot be imported into Spore to open the adventure in the editor.

If you mean screenshots for the adventure thumbnail you should hit up the console command and use freecam - though I could have misunderstood you

What I mean is, when I try to import the adventure "thumbnail" they uploaded into the Spore GA editor, nothing happens.


If what you mean is importing pictures into spore to use as thumbnails for your own adventures, then I would instead suggest using console commands

If what you mean is that you try to download adventures (or other items) from the sporepedia by using drag and drop, you can alternatively click the "thumbnail" and hit the yellow download button

If none of the above then I admit I'm confused '-'

*Sighs* I downloaded the adventure "thumbnail" off imgur and opened the adventure editor. However, when I drag the "thumbnail" into the adventure editor, nothing happens.

 
Forum Index » Adventure Corner
Go to:   
 
Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © ( EA Dev Build 2018-04-13 15:37:55 ) JForum Team