The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index
[Login] Login
Custom "Spitting" Spore Mouth Part set Poll  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Poll
What kind of Mouth theme should I go with?
"Creepy" (Carnivore: probably using insect and alien maws for ideas. Bite and Spit are main focus, Sing stays at 1, maybe 2... uses the Radial mouth sound bytes) 77% [ 10 ]
"Goofy" (Omnivore: probably mammalian mouths as inspiration, probably with long floppy tongues. Either Bite and Spit are main focus, or Sing and Spit are. Maybe we can have a new set of sounds for these mouths) 15% [ 2 ]
Something else (specify please, and give stats). 8% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13
Author Message
DireSquidGuy

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 06/23/2015 04:22:18
Messages: 1021
Offline

Basically... I wanna make a set of mouths that can use Spit, but I'm unsure what direction to go with it. Check the poll.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 09/25/2017 07:25:08

Check out my Page, bros, brahs, and brehs!! (This is NOT a linkbomb!)

Profile
DarkMagickan

Spacefaring Sporeling

Joined: 01/30/2014 22:49:08
Messages: 9993
Location:
New North Korea

Offline

Creepy.

DireSquidGuy

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 06/23/2015 04:22:18
Messages: 1021
Offline

DarkMagickan wrote:Creepy.

Ok. That's ONE vote, and.... only one vote.

I hope people care enough to vote.

Check out my Page, bros, brahs, and brehs!! (This is NOT a linkbomb!)

Profile
Alienologist

Multicellular

Joined: 06/14/2017 23:26:20
Messages: 135
Location:
Underneath Europa's ice

Offline

Creepy bruh lol.

Edit: Lol I thought it said Splitting mouths but I guess creepy works for spitting too.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/25/2017 22:23:36

WESA GOIN HOME!!!
[WWW]
eme12

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 05/13/2009 20:39:42
Messages: 1889
Location:
pee pee wee wees in my butt

Offline

Alienologist wrote:Creepy bruh lol.

Edit: Lol I thought it said Splitting mouths but I guess creepy works for spitting too.

DO SPLITTING MOUTHS TOO

>be me
>king of Sporechan
DireSquidGuy

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 06/23/2015 04:22:18
Messages: 1021
Offline

Yeah, I think Creepy works best for a mouth that can use Spit. I'll have to draw some stuff up.

Check out my Page, bros, brahs, and brehs!! (This is NOT a linkbomb!)

Profile
DireSquidGuy

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 06/23/2015 04:22:18
Messages: 1021
Offline

I'm thinking the level progression should go like this:

Bite 2, Spit 2, Sing 1
Bite 2, Spit 3, Sing 1
Bite 3, Spit 4, Sing 1
Bite 4, Spit 5, Sing 1

Thoughts?

Check out my Page, bros, brahs, and brehs!! (This is NOT a linkbomb!)

Profile
DarkMagickan

Spacefaring Sporeling

Joined: 01/30/2014 22:49:08
Messages: 9993
Location:
New North Korea

Offline

I like.

DireSquidGuy

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 06/23/2015 04:22:18
Messages: 1021
Offline

DarkMagickan wrote:I like.

Sweet.

While I was at the Mets game, I was thinking a few ideas of names and appearances.

Stage One mouth: Either "Salivator" or the "Izzmaw". The mouth roughly resembles the Isz from The Maxx. the mouth is twisted and wide, with small needle-like teeth. And perhaps It opens wide like a circular way, SIMILAR to the Leeyotch, but NOT like the Leeyoth. Spit animation would be similar to the Roar animation, with how the mouth opens up.

For those who don't know what the Isz look like...

SIMILAR idea to these, but a few liberties will be taken.

Stage Two mouth: The "Buccalizor". Imagine the Masticator mouth, but no side-bulges, and no visible gums. Just a maw with long, sharp teeth that can open wide. The difference is the two cheek "nozzles" on either side of the mouth (imagine a Hockitlauncher-like structure, on either side of the cheeks). Probably some insectoid "chitiny" detailings between the mouth edges and the "nozzles". Bite animation and Spit animation are different.

Stage Three mouth: the "Viporacious". Imagine, if you will, a viper-like mouth, with perhaps two rows of teeth, and... and... the lower jaw splits in two, showing the esophageal nozzle below the throat which where the toxins are shot from. Roar and Spit animations are similar, as far as now the mouth opens up.

Stage Four mouth: the "Maw'diib". Yup... it's a tri-point worm maw, for those who got the Dune pun. However it's fleshy and a bit pocked around the skin (only a little), and terminates in three large teeth, arranged in a triangle. Inside the mouth is a "throat nozzle" similar to the Spraypalm's "nozzle", which also shoots when the mouth Spits. Unsure if the Roar animation will have that too.

I'll HOPEFULLY draw these up within the next few days.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 09/28/2017 19:28:29

Check out my Page, bros, brahs, and brehs!! (This is NOT a linkbomb!)

Profile
ChocIce75

MouthBreather

Joined: 10/14/2017 15:08:08
Messages: 549
Location:
Who knows?

Online

Goofy please, because I want nice mouths.

[WWW]
DireSquidGuy

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 06/23/2015 04:22:18
Messages: 1021
Offline

ChocIce75 wrote:Goofy please, because I want nice mouths.

You're a little late, but I may make a other mouths, once I finish drawing up the first batch.

Check out my Page, bros, brahs, and brehs!! (This is NOT a linkbomb!)

Profile
Pinnaporaptor

Microbe

Joined: 10/15/2017 16:05:46
Messages: 15
Offline

Will this be a mod or...?
ChocIce75

MouthBreather

Joined: 10/14/2017 15:08:08
Messages: 549
Location:
Who knows?

Online

It will be a mod.

[WWW]
DireSquidGuy

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 06/23/2015 04:22:18
Messages: 1021
Offline

ChocIce75 wrote:It will be a mod.

Well it'll be stats and DRAWINGS for a Mod.

I don't have the programming skills to actually make a mod.

DireSquidGuy wrote:
ChocIce75 wrote:It will be a mod.

Well it'll be stats and DRAWINGS for a Mod.

I don't have the programming skills to actually make a mod.

>literally no programming needed to do this

>be me
>king of Sporechan

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: