The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index
[Login] Login
Knight Lines that i made (I guess you can request lines too)  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Author Message
Dalahia

Multicellular

Joined: 07/25/2015 22:23:36
Messages: 392
Location:
Internet forums, random wikis, and video games

Offline

This isnt from the game, its quotes i made for the knights to use if they ever spawn naturally, i guess you can request them too if i forgot to list stuff which i KNOW i did. the layout is based on this so check it out if you dont see how this is layed out immediately. side note, these work best for knights with an encounter relationship effect of 5, 3, or 0
Knight alert = "You have stepped into our territory without really seeming to know of our existence, proceed."
Knight alert = "We see you are a species new enough to not pose a threat, your species shall be watched if you wish."
Knight alert = "Your species is too young seeming to have befriended the enemy of the galaxy, proceed to exist until then."

Knight 1st Greeting "You have not been destroyed by the largest threat to the galaxy in existence, perhaps you would make a hardy ally assuming you grow as a species."
Knight 1st Greeting "You have not been detected to contain any Grobotics, We will help you persist past the Grox unless you really screw up. Majorly."
Knight 1st Greeting "Greetings, we are the (Their Species) empire. Assuming you are not twisted in a way that would cause you to lack emotion, proceed to talk."

Knight response to "...I come in peace" = "Very humble I see. thats a good quality, but is quite useless on the galactic battlefield."
Knight response to "...I come in peace" = "How humble of you. we do not see that from the Grox at all"
Knight response to "Behold!" = "Boasting is not the greatest thing to do but shall not matter on the galactic battlefield."
Knight response to "Behold!" = "I see you are a bit boastful. see how that changes when the Grox blast your civilization into-- just kidding, we shan't let them do that."

Knight friendship Greeting = "Your civilization has grown from what it was before, hasn't it? by that i mean from a disorganized tribe to this, you still have much to do though."
Knight friendship Greeting = "Hello again (Your Species). it's nice to see the Grox haven't killed you yet."
Knight friendship Greeting = "The Noble (Your Species) returns."
Knight friendship Greeting = "Hello, (Your Species). We would recommend staying away from the Grox if possible, They shall blast you to dust at the slightest opportunity."
Knight friendship Greeting = "Oh, Hello (Your Species), What do you ask today?
Knight friendship Greeting = "I swear if this is the Grox I shall... Oh its not, its (Your Species).

Knight In Communications Menu = "What do you need Assistance with?"
Knight In Communications Menu = "What is the purpose of your visit?"
Knight In Communications Menu = "Well, Speak what you wish to say or ask, we shall respond appropriately"

Knight Philosophy = "We the (Their Species) follow the Philosophy of Chivalry! We are among the strongest of the species of this galaxy, and it is because of this that we have an obligation to defend the galaxy! When we fight, it is to protect the weak and to combat the forces of evil. Our great crusade against darkness shall not stop until the greatest of evils - including the vile Grox - have been vanquished. Only then can there be peace in the galaxy. To assist us in our quest, we are able to summon smaller allies to our aid to help us in our time of need.

One of the original knights holds the key to the Grox's destruction, a Device that provides instant terraformation.

If the Grox are to attack anyone, we protect those whom are attacked, the outcome is slightly blurry though we do win more often than not.

A new species like you shouldn't worry about the Grox, we shall stop them from destroying you if they come." (Tweaked for the grox to not have a known origin, as the knight thing was because of the background-of-text color, the do still have a few grox-like speech patterns though, and tweaks in philosophy naming aswell for similar reasons, Requested by Willie5000, Tweaked again because i forgot to place a "shall")

Knights at War = "You majorly screwed up, Prepare to meet the fate the Grox deserve, Scum!"

Knights in Diplomacy tab = "Alright, my friend. How shall our Empire help you?"
Knights in Diplomacy tab = "We are always ready to help a (Your Species) like you!"
Knights in Diplomacy tab = "(Your Species), the (Master Badge Rank), speak."
(slightly tweaked for medievalism, originally requested by SajtosKifli117)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 09/20/2017 15:41:49

Come sign up for my "Server" I'm calling it "Project Multispore" for now. -Updated link-

Dalahia wrote:Im beginning to think my sporum schedule is off compared to everyone else.

Im 75% sure i have more free time than 75% percent of the sporum at this point.

Also I am male
Willie5000

Multicellular

Joined: 08/03/2009 02:16:28
Messages: 223
Location:
Grandma Herschel's World Famous Taffy Factory.

Offline

Might I suggest having the Knight species say they follow the "Philosophy of Chivalry" and have more medieval sounding speech? Then again, I know that Zalots also use a lot of "thou"s and "thee"s. Also, maybe don't give too much info on the Staff of Life or where the Grox came from - The former because it would be spoilery, the latter because I'm sure lots of people like to imagine the origins of the Grox for themselves.

Perhaps the "I'd like to know more about your race" text says something like this;

"We the [SPECIES NAME] follow the Philosophy of Chivalry! We are among the strongest of the species of this galaxy, and it is because of this that we have an obligation to defend the galaxy! When we fight, it is to protect the weak and to combat the forces of evil. Our great crusade against darkness will not stop until the greatest of evils - including the vile Grox - have been vanquished. Only then can there be peace in the galaxy. To assist us in our quest, we are able to summon smaller allies to our aid to help us in our time of need..."

SajtosKifli117

Microbe

Joined: 06/25/2017 18:01:25
Messages: 98
Location:
Paks, Hungary

Offline

I have ideas for the Diplomacy tab (When you click on Diplomacy)
"Alright, my friend. How can the [SPECIES NAME] Empire help you?"
"We're always ready to help a [YOUR SPECIES NAME] like you!"
"[YOUR SPECIES NAME], the [MASTER BADGE RANK], speak."

Concrete examples (from my saved games):
"Alright, my friend. How can the Brawglis Empire help you?"
"We're always ready to help a Sinix like you!"
"Sinix, the Omnipotent, speak."

"I hope our creatures will meet.
Captain Daniel Brawglis won't."
[Email]
Dalahia

Multicellular

Joined: 07/25/2015 22:23:36
Messages: 392
Location:
Internet forums, random wikis, and video games

Offline

Willie5000 wrote:Might I suggest having the Knight species say they follow the "Philosophy of Chivalry" and have more medieval sounding speech? Then again, I know that Zalots also use a lot of "thou"s and "thee"s. Also, maybe don't give too much info on the Staff of Life or where the Grox came from - The former because it would be spoilery, the latter because I'm sure lots of people like to imagine the origins of the Grox for themselves.

Perhaps the "I'd like to know more about your race" text says something like this;

"We the [SPECIES NAME] follow the Philosophy of Chivalry! We are among the strongest of the species of this galaxy, and it is because of this that we have an obligation to defend the galaxy! When we fight, it is to protect the weak and to combat the forces of evil. Our great crusade against darkness will not stop until the greatest of evils - including the vile Grox - have been vanquished. Only then can there be peace in the galaxy. To assist us in our quest, we are able to summon smaller allies to our aid to help us in our time of need..."

shall for "will".
less contractions.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/20/2017 12:08:22

Come sign up for my "Server" I'm calling it "Project Multispore" for now. -Updated link-

Dalahia wrote:Im beginning to think my sporum schedule is off compared to everyone else.

Im 75% sure i have more free time than 75% percent of the sporum at this point.

Also I am male
Shiznasty

Microbe

Joined: 09/05/2017 01:53:39
Messages: 46
Offline

Eh.

seems more like "we're not going to kill you because we're too busy PROTECTING you you SPORE" attitude

DarkMagickan

Spacefaring Sporeling

Joined: 01/30/2014 22:49:08
Messages: 9993
Location:
New North Korea

Offline

M'lord, if thou hast need, I am capable of conjugating in Middle English.

TRUE Middle English, not just adding "-eth" to random words.

eme12

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 05/13/2009 20:39:42
Messages: 1889
Location:
pee pee wee wees in my butt

Offline

DarkMagickan wrote:M'lord, if thou hast need, I am capable of conjugating in Middle English.

TRUE Middle English, not just adding "-eth" to random words.

of course the neckbeard knows how to write in "true middle english"

eme12 wrote:
DarkMagickan wrote:M'lord, if thou hast need, I am capable of conjugating in Middle English.

TRUE Middle English, not just adding "-eth" to random words.

of course the neckbeard knows how to write in "true middle english"

*tips fedora*

Willie5000 wrote:
eme12 wrote:
DarkMagickan wrote:M'lord, if thou hast need, I am capable of conjugating in Middle English.

TRUE Middle English, not just adding "-eth" to random words.

of course the neckbeard knows how to write in "true middle english"

*tips fedora*

I love this comment chain.

Unrelately I'm now gonna accept mission ideas for this.

Come sign up for my "Server" I'm calling it "Project Multispore" for now. -Updated link-

Dalahia wrote:Im beginning to think my sporum schedule is off compared to everyone else.

Im 75% sure i have more free time than 75% percent of the sporum at this point.

Also I am male
Dalahia

Multicellular

Joined: 07/25/2015 22:23:36
Messages: 392
Location:
Internet forums, random wikis, and video games

Offline

Bump

Come sign up for my "Server" I'm calling it "Project Multispore" for now. -Updated link-

Dalahia wrote:Im beginning to think my sporum schedule is off compared to everyone else.

Im 75% sure i have more free time than 75% percent of the sporum at this point.

Also I am male
Willie5000

Multicellular

Joined: 08/03/2009 02:16:28
Messages: 223
Location:
Grandma Herschel's World Famous Taffy Factory.

Offline

Hmm, archetype adventures... I'd say one where you fight a space dragon or something? Or even better, a Seven Samurai mission where you and six other space captains fight a horde of bandits...
dounttron

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 04/15/2011 23:42:41
Messages: 4626
Location:
Mount Evil, Killdeath Island, Antarctica.

Offline

I am Arthur, king of the Britons. I seek the grail.

TRUE SPOREANS NEVER DIE | The Community's Choice Features Thread | ККААААК
DireSquidGuy

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 06/23/2015 04:22:18
Messages: 1021
Offline

DarkMagickan wrote:M'lord, if thou hast need, I am capable of conjugating in Middle English.

TRUE Middle English, not just adding "-eth" to random words.

Well, Dark, there's Elizabethan (changing words like Never and Over to "Ne'er" and "O'er"), Meredithian (which is the "-eth" speak most people know), and Kimberlian (where "Ye verily" comes from), among others.

Check out my Page, bros, brahs, and brehs!! (This is NOT a linkbomb!)

Profile
DireSquidGuy

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 06/23/2015 04:22:18
Messages: 1021
Offline

Dalahia wrote:
Willie5000 wrote:
eme12 wrote:
DarkMagickan wrote:M'lord, if thou hast need, I am capable of conjugating in Middle English.

TRUE Middle English, not just adding "-eth" to random words.

of course the neckbeard knows how to write in "true middle english"

*tips fedora*

I love this comment chain.

Unrelately I'm now gonna accept mission ideas for this.

There's:

-Slaying a dragon that's destroying a castle (Defend)
-Rescuing a damsel from an enemy kingdom (Attack)
-Retrieving magical items for a good wizard... maybe some comedic explosion at the end? (Quest/Explore?)

Check out my Page, bros, brahs, and brehs!! (This is NOT a linkbomb!)

Profile

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: