The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Is it legally okay to set up a Paetreon here?  XML
Forum Index » Spore Help
ilovemigz

Microbe

If for instance, you want to be payed for making adventures, is it okay to set up a Paetreon in a thread of yours to encourage more content for your subs?

Is that legal? Is that okay?

Midzo

Microbe

EA Terms of Service wrote:2. License

The EA Services are licensed to you, not sold. EA grants you a personal, limited, non-transferable, revocable and non-exclusive license to use the EA Services to which you have access for your non-commercial use, subject to your compliance with this Agreement. You may not access, copy, modify or distribute any EA Service, Content or Entitlements (as those terms are defined below), unless expressly authorized by EA or permitted by law. You may not reverse engineer or attempt to extract or otherwise use source code or other data from EA Services, unless expressly authorized by EA or permitted by law. EA or its licensors own and reserve all other rights, including all right, title and interest in the EA Services and associated intellectual property rights.

I'd err on the side of caution. I'm assuming as long as you aren't actually locking adventures behind a paywall it doesn't count as a violation, but it's best to wait for official confirmation.

Who wants their damn ego fed so much?

Not related in any way to Didzo.
Sharples65

GalacticGod

I suppose you could do it as a sort of donation. But I wouldn't recommend stating that to make X adventure you'd like X money. EA tends to get ahold of such information and likes to shut it down. TitanMods website, for example, was removed (or there would have been legal action). Which wasn't commercial at all.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/14/2017 10:33:51

gimmie eggs
[Email] [WWW]

Forum Index » Spore Help
Go to: