The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Speculative Evolution Contest  XML
Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
Alienologist

Multicellular

Speculative Evolution is hypothetical scenarios in the evolution of life, like how life would evolve in the future or how it would be on other planets or if the K-T Mass Extinction never happened. There are 3 main parts of Spec Evo. Xenobiology, Alternative Evolution, and Future Evolution. I am gonna talk about the subfields of Spec Evo for you peeps who don't know it but in short paragraphs and sentences.

Future Evolution

It's exactly what it sounds like, it's the evolution of life on Earth, 10s to 100s millions of years after today.

Xenobiology

It's aliens, just weirder looking and are also the result of evolution too.

Alternative Evolution

What if dragons were real? What if the K-T Mass Extinction never happen? Just a much of "what ifs" in the history of life on Earth.

Alternative Universe

What if there was an universe, exactly the same as ours just there is a new continent or there's an universe were the laws of physics are extremely different. What would life look like?

Post-Humans

Not really a subfield but it's basically the future evolution of mankind and what creatures descended from man both from Earth and other worlds would look like.

Transplanted Terran Lifeforms

Also not a subfield. How would lifeforms from Earth evolve on other planets or moons? That's 'bout it.

Their are also "Speculative Paleontology" (where real prehistoric lifeforms are depicted with speculative behavior and appearances) and "Believable Redesigns" (where a already existing fictional creature is given, a more realistic design) but I feel like those can get their own contests. Now with all of that stuff out of the way, now for the rules! FINALLY

1. Have "specevocontest" in the tags

2. The max amount of entries per person is 5, try not to make them all aliens or future animals or alternative evolution critters. Make at most, 3 creatures that belong in the "future evolution", "alternative evolution", "xenobiology", "alternative universe", "post-human", or "transplanted terran lifeform" groups.

3. Try not to make already existing spec creatures, make original ones.

4. Only creatures are allowed.

5. Deadline's on the 30th of September.

6. The critter with the most believable, unique, and original design with the most reasonable evolution and anatomy (to me at least lol) wins! And also if their design is good lol.

Have fun! Sorry with all the stuff in this thread lol.

Heres a link to the creature http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-501052076904

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 09/02/2017 18:54:04

WESA GOIN HOME!!!
[WWW]
Zolfus

Microbe

I am very interested in this topic!
Looking forward to creating beasts with realistic adaptations when I get a chance to.

By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.
[WWW]
Willie5000

Multicellular

Grandma Herschel's World Famous Taffy Factory.

Definitely interested in entering! The Xenobiology one should work well for me because I have experience making some pretty alien... aliens. Also, I like that you used images from After Man, Man After Man, and Future is Wild.

Question; do I have to make a new creature for the contest or can I enter an old creature for this?

Alienologist

Multicellular

Willie5000 wrote:Definitely interested in entering! The Xenobiology one should work well for me because I have experience making some pretty alien... aliens. Also, I like that you used images from After Man, Man After Man, and Future is Wild.

Question; do I have to make a new creature for the contest or can I enter an old creature for this?

I would like for you to make new critters. By I mean that, I mean, make new critters and don't enter old ones lol.

WESA GOIN HOME!!!
[WWW]
LuckyCloverDuck

MouthBreather

Aw, shish kebabs... I'm not good at descriptions ;w;

I'll try, though...

Spogart

Microbe

I'll probably to the TTL (transplanted terrain life forms) to practice building real world creatures. Which I suck at making.
But hey, it's practice!

I am a GIRL -/- All your BRAINS r belong to us.
Alienologist

Multicellular

Spogart wrote:I'll probably to the TTL (transplanted terrain life forms) to practice building real world creatures. Which I suck at making.
But hey, it's practice!

Well, you better hurry! The deadline is just 5 days away...

WESA GOIN HOME!!!
[WWW]
Spogart

Microbe

My entries! (they suck i know.)
1st. Pluto Kiwi

2nd. Humanoid Insect

Play around with these in the editor too, and entry 1 is the Transported evolution thing, and entry 2 is animals evolved 1000s of years from now.

I am a GIRL -/- All your BRAINS r belong to us.
PyraOfPurgatory

Microbe

" target="_new" rel="nofollow">=http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-501052745477]

Heres my one and only submission for the contest I hope still continues. A technology dependent, space adapted, future Human. About 200,000 years worth of evolution:

Technological dependency and a sedentary life style resulted in muscle loss.

The use of synthetic organs and machines to produce genetically superior offspring have rendered them genderless.

Medical tech and nano tech have rendered the immune system useless and barely existent due to their unnatural immunity to disease. (open nodes to vital veins allow medical injections, tech add-ons, and nano-bots to be easily applied.)

Toe, teeth and hair loss, and increased height, all due to lack of survival needs and sedentary lifestyle as well as downgraded sensory organs exempting the eyes.

Excessively dilated eyes and pale pigment due to indoor preference.

And finally a re-wired brain focused on multi-tasking, memory and social functions are difficult the ability to do basic math are also difficult. Anything a computer can calculate they will not be able to.

Not sure if I'll make another submission depends on if more people join.
Alienologist

Multicellular

PyraOfPurgatory wrote:Not sure if I'll make another submission depends on if more people join.

Actually about 16 people joined this contest so yeah!
[WWW]
PyraOfPurgatory

Microbe

Also I really like the contest idea and I wish more creators would join and I'd hate to see it fail due to lack of submissions, maybe extend the deadline and advertise the contest on the sporepedia with an eye-catching creation prompting people to re-upload it so their friends see it like one of those annoying forwarding messages? Just a friendly suggestion. Hopefully more will submit entries soonish I'd love to see what people can do.
PyraOfPurgatory

Microbe

Oh really thats cool did'nt see your post.
Remmington12

Multicellular

My entry, I hope you enjoy!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 09/28/2017 16:41:18

tonysaur

MouthBreather

I might just make something. . .

Willie5000

Multicellular

Grandma Herschel's World Famous Taffy Factory.

So when can we expect results from the co test to be announced?

Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
Go to: