The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

Author's Spaceship Challenge ~CLOSED!~  XML
Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
shunkerbelle

Multicellular

Apologies for the large pic (again)

Let's get straight to the point, my Dad is an author and he needs help. For his next book, he wants to create a book cover containing an interesting space scene. He already has the background done but he doesn't know what to do about the spaceship(s). (I'll try to get the background he made here when i have time)
This is where you guys come in. Design a custom spaceship that will fit the set, simple as that.

The spaceship(s):
~Must be an original creation
~Needs to look futuristic
~needs to look like it was man-made. Avoid making Alien-like ships
~needs to look realistic
~Has to be your own creation. Don't steal other spaceships and don't replicate ships from films like Star Wars or Star trek

The spaceship, when placed, will be heading towards the horizon (or other ships, as seen in the poster above) so try to focus the detail on the back.
You are only allowed to use the vehicle editors (but I'll allow the building editor if you want to make it more challenging )

Bonus points will be awarded if:
~You provide a nice description
~you make your own space scene with your ship(s)

You are allowed up to 3 entries
The ships will be judged by me and my Dad
The challenge ends 27th September so you have plenty of time to make your ships

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There will be 3 winners, thats right, 3, but only one will have the chance to be featured on my Dad's book.

The other two winners will be rewarded with a special trophy and a creation of their choice.

2nd and 3rd place will receive a subscription by me and maybe even a nomination in the creator's choice features (hosted by Midnight1999). if you've already been featured then i'll give you a megabuild egg each, free of charge.

All participants will have their ships featured in an upcoming exhibition planet adventure.

Have Fun!

!Update!

ok so dad had a bit of a mess around in photoshop and this is the result. This isn't the final product, don't panic. its just something that will give you more ideas on what he wants so:
~The book is called "Martian Paradox" meaning the ship needs to be based on Mars
~You are allowed to make alien ships
~Try to base your scenes on Mars if you can or orbiting it
~Don't worry, the eight entries I currently have are still accepted (as well as the scenes if you made one)

I hope I get more entries. If I don't before the deadline, then i'll extend the date (To be honest the deadline is on my 18th birthday so i may be too busy to vote the entries)

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 09/27/2017 09:30:04

[WWW]
JacobOfPariusII

Multicellular

Can you tell us what kind of technologies spaceships will use in the book?
Are we talking about freighters, warships, cruise liners...? Are we traveling between planets or between star systems?

Please pronounce my name "Jacob of Parius-2," not "Jacob of Parius the Second." Thank you.
My Spore Creations
My Contest Entries (Sporecast)
shunkerbelle

Multicellular

I'm not sure yet but he may be using ships with aggression like warships. For now just design any ship you like

[WWW]
SajtosKifli117

Multicellular

Tell me more about the story.

"I hope our creatures will meet.
Captain Daniel Brawglis won't."
shunkerbelle

Multicellular

I would but even my Dad doesn't know yet. He wants any style of spaceship. With him, he decides on the cover first then the story. I'll be able to tell you what it's about when he starts writing ok?

[WWW]
InfestedThunder

Multicellular

Should the ship appear as if it is a hulking battleship, a tiny fighter, or somewhere in between?

shunkerbelle

Multicellular

Try to go for a hulking battleship or anything similar

[WWW]
Starcutter

MouthBreather

I'm not that good with spaceships, so have a space doggo instead. Enjoy. ;)
S P A C E D O G G O

Mavor

Civilized Sporeon

Look down. You are flying over me right now.

I'm not very good at making vehicles, but I'll at least get the ball rolling.
Behold the UGS Horseman. A Planet bombardment class dreadnought. Although armed with the customary anti-ship and anti fighter armaments, this ships most powerful weapon is the meteoric rail gun. Taking advantage of the asteroid belts in most systems, the UGS Horseman uses powerful tractor beams to lock on to meteors and drag them toward the ship. They are then positioned to pass through the accelerator ring pointed at a target. While usually using football stadium sized object to hurl at a planet, the UGS Horseman can also use it's accelerator ring on masses of smaller refrigerator sized objects. This can have a devastating shotgun effect on incoming armadas or fighter squadrons. The smaller the object, the faster the accelerator is able to fire it. Something the size of a compact car can be "fired" at several thousand miles per hour. However the largest objects may not be accelerated to even one thousand mph. Wise captains position the ship in an asteroid belt and fire on a planet or moon for several days, weeks or even months. They then engage their star drive to arrive at the target just as the first meteors begin to fall with additional rocks to fire on pin point locations.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/31/2017 03:34:20

mrwhatami

Microbe

My Submission (or entry, whatever you wanna call it) has launched

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/31/2017 20:57:01

klaracbarack

Microbe

Here's my entry, I hope you like it!

A- 17 Destiny

The description is not too long but here you go:
The "Destiny" was designed for long journeys. It's usually used for transport or to explore space. It has basic weapons and it's not too fast but it's pretty good againts space pirates.

Sporepedia: http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-501052014958

And here's my own scene!

Gonzalo218

Microbe

Just a small question, what will the story be about? When I get older, I might make stories in my free time.

[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Gonzalo218

Microbe

Gonzalo218

Microbe

My official entry!

Gonzalo218

Microbe

I don't know how to get it in a background