The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Cannot play spore due to lags and glitch lines.  XML
Forum Index » Spore Mac Help
ghostgirl708

Microbe

I have tried to do everything. i have bought a new copy of spore, i have uninstalled it, reinstalled it, contacted EA and NOTHING HAS WORKED!!

I have a video of what is happening to my spore game, since its hard to explain.
[youtube]https://youtu.be/rXy-PALorsg[/youtube]

Please watch and tell me what to do!! IM SO CONFUSED AND I JUST WANNA PLAY SPOOOOORE!! QAQ
dounttron

Civilized Sporeon

Mount Evil, Killdeath Island, Antarctica.

Interesting. Doesn't look like there's anything happening that's obviously not supposed to be happening other than the game running really slowly. What OS are you using and how beefy is your computer? Because it looks to me like it's doing everything it's supposed to, except.. terribly..

TRUE SPOREANS NEVER DIE | The Community's Choice Features Thread | ККААААК
dylans04

Multicellular

Can you specify your computer's OS and components?

ghostgirl708

Microbe

dounttron wrote:Interesting. Doesn't look like there's anything happening that's obviously not supposed to be happening other than the game running really slowly. What OS are you using and how beefy is your computer? Because it looks to me like it's doing everything it's supposed to, except.. terribly..

Have no clue what you mean by beefy XD but my Mac is OSX El Capitan with a 2.2 Ghz Intel core i7. It has played spore normally before actually which is the funniest thing
ghostgirl708

Microbe

dylans04 wrote:Can you specify your computer's OS and components?

OSX El Captian with a 2.2 GHz Intel core i7, 16 GB 1609 MHz DDR3, Graphics is Intel Iris pro 1536 MB
I had Sierra but I recently degraded it. My Mac has played Spore before too XD
dounttron

Civilized Sporeon

Mount Evil, Killdeath Island, Antarctica.

If it's played Spore before and uninstalling hasn't worked then I don't really know what it could be. Maybe your computer's taken some damage or just needs its files to be cleaned out a bit. If you're using the disc version, try transferring it to Origin and reinstalling again.

TRUE SPOREANS NEVER DIE | The Community's Choice Features Thread | ККААААК
DragonMaster6981

Microbe

How to fix SPORE if it's not working on Mac High Sierra.

Please note this fix might not work for all of you!

(Step 01.)
First I uninstalled the Spore game using the Origin Program (must be singed in to your account)

(Step 02.)
Once uninstalled restart your mac, Download the Origin app again. do not sign in to the website.

(Step 03.)
after you download the Origin program install it on your mac.

(Step 04.)
Sign in to your Origin account after you have installed the Origin App.

(Step 05.)
Download Spore game again. after you have downloaded Spore game again, DO NOT PLAY it yet. Again restart your mac.

(Step 06.)
Once you have restarted your mac open the Origin app and click on Spore and click Update. apply all the patches. then again restart your mac again.

(Step 07.)
Open the game and try to play, or login, or create or register your account.

(Step 08.)
If it doesn't allow you to click on the Star World to start your game force quit the game.

by holding down the Alt / Option Button & Command Button & ESC button.

Then click on and high light the Origin app in the Force Quit Application box. and then click Force Quit.

(Step 09.)
next click on Apple Icon Top left side of your screen

(Step 10.)
click on System Preferences

(Step 11.)
Click Displays Icon

(Step 12.)
You will see it says DISPLAY Resolution, Default for display.
Click on Scaled Click on 1280 x 720

(Step 13.)
While you have the Display window open try to open your game again and see if your able to try to play the game again.

(Step 14.)
if it works good, if not then Exit out of the game again and change the Display settings back to Default For Display

(Step 15.)
Close the Display Box, Close Origin App, Restart your computer again, and then open Origin, and start your game again.

If you done all the steps I have mentioned this should have fixed your game and allowed you to play it with out any problems.

if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Forum Index » Spore Mac Help
Go to: