The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
New Spore Clients Available  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
MaxisBazajaytee

Administrator

The new Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures are available through Origin.
Steam has also released their Spore, Spore Galactic Adventures and Spore Creepy & Cute Parts Pack updates.

Good old Games is currently working on updating their versions but we don't have word on when they will be available yet.

Regarding the Origin version of Spore Creepy & Cute Parts Pack, do not try to install the current live version. It will inform you that it needs to update Spore and then fails. We are currently in final stages of testing the new Origin version of Creepy & Cute before sending it for certification. All being well, we'll have this for you this week.

SPOREMASTER EDIT: Creepy & Cute is now available on Origin! It can be found under Spore's Extra Content section, it is not a separate item in your Origin library.

It should be noted that if you install the new version of Spore and deleted or moved files from AppData when you first launch you will be told that Network Play Is Disabled. This is because your login credentials aren't in the game. Simply press OK and log in with your account as normal. As long as you have your player preferences files in place, you won't/shouldn't see that message.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 10/13/2017 04:22:15

Sharples65

GalacticGod

Alright, hope to see C&C working for Origin soon. Thanks for the notification.

[WWW]
Melkiah

Microbe

What will happen to any creatures/saved games that use CnC for Origin users if we update now and move over our saved files?
MaxisBazajaytee

Administrator

Melkiah, they will show up as normal to you in game but you won't be able to upload/share them until C&C Origin version comes out.

To be 100% certain, keep a backup of your save files separate until we can get you C&C to have full confidence.

Applepie59

Civilized Sporeon

Thanks for the notification, Baza.

Probably going to steer clear of downloading the game for a little while, until either C&C gets updated or any potential issues with the update are ironed out.

Can't wait to try this bad boy out, though. First update in nearly seven years.

hi
Melkiah

Microbe

MaxisBazajaytee wrote:Melkiah, they will show up as normal to you in game but you won't be able to upload/share them until C&C Origin version comes out.

To be 100% certain, keep a backup of your save files separate until we can get you C&C to have full confidence.

Thanks so much for the quick response
Arthelius-Ghost

Multicellular

I cannot get through to help because my game code said it was used already. I am getting frustrated with this.

The Zoo is closed due to a security issue. Will reopen at the earliest possible. Check your travel pass for updates.
[ICQ]
fungus3

Civilized Sporeon

I'll just wait until C&C is out to reinstall, then.

AngleofAttack

Microbe

Arthelius-Ghost wrote:I cannot get through to help because my game code said it was used already. I am getting frustrated with this.

Just go contact EA through EA live chat and ask them to verify your serial codes, I followed their instructions and in the end Spore and all of its expansions that I bought from steam in my game library.

The last 2 times I contacted EA support, they gave me discount coupons for my account!

uglydollfan

Civilized Sporeon

Do you guys consider adding bot parts some time in the future?

Or are you just going to be unsure?

What does one enjoy more? Creation, or Destruction?
[WWW]
Kayube

Multicellular

I've been trying to get through the help but nobody is showing up.

MaxisBazajaytee

Administrator

Things might be busier than usual with EA Support due to Mass Effect: Andromeda releasing. Keep on in there and they'll help you out.

Sharples65

GalacticGod

MaxisBazajaytee wrote:Things might be busier than usual with EA Support due to Mass Effect: Andromeda releasing. Keep on in there and they'll help you out.

I'm just curious, is Maxis and Bioware still part of EA Worldwide Studios?

[WWW]
MaxisBazajaytee

Administrator

We are, yes.

uglydollfan wrote:Do you guys consider adding bot parts some time in the future?

We'd like to. Unfortunately, because it was a promotion in the past there are legal things to handle so isn't as straight forward as just adding them into the game.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/20/2017 21:00:45

DireSquidGuy

Civilized Sporeon

MaxisBazajaytee wrote:We are, yes.

uglydollfan wrote:Do you guys consider adding bot parts some time in the future?

We'd like to. Unfortunately, because it was a promotion in the past there are legal things to handle so isn't as straight forward as just adding them into the game.

Well, I'm sure you'll be able to hammer out the details, when the time comes.

Anyways, for us Steam users (inb4 somebody pelts me with rotten fruit), are we able to play all three versions of Spore with no problem?

Check out my Page, bros, brahs, and brehs!! (This is NOT a linkbomb!)

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: