The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index
[Login] Login
Dinosaur Parts Mod v1.1  XML
Forum Index » Developer Corner
Author Message
tklarenb

MouthBreather

Joined: 12/09/2010 14:55:19
Messages: 624
Location:
Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Galaxy Cluster

Offline

Version 1.1 released!
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/qy3b6z4uq6c40p4/tklarenb_dinosaur_parts_v1.1.package

I was planning on waiting to release v1.1 until I had all the heads I have planned made, but since it'll probably take a few weeks or even months to finish them all at the rate I've been going, I'm releasing a portion of the heads early.

Updated to now have 36 dinosaur heads of the following species:
Acrocanthosaurus
Alamosaurus
Alioramus
Allosaurus
Apatosaurus
Aucasaurus
Baryonyx
Brachiosaurus
Camarasaurus
Camptosaurus
Carcharodontosaurus
Carnotaurus
Ceratosaurus
Compsognathus
Corythosaurus
Deinonychus
Edmontosaurus Male (crested version)
Edmontosaurus Female (non-crested version)
Gallimimus
Giganotosaurus
Gorgosaurus
Hypsilophodon
Iguanodon
Lambeosaurus
Maiasaura
Majungasaurus
Parasaurolophus
Pteranodon
Spinosaurus
Stegosaurus
Suchomimus
Tyrannosaurus
Triceratops
Troodon
Utahraptor
Velociraptor

Known issues:

Only four of the heads animate (T. rex, Spinosaurus, Carnotaurus, and Giganotosaurus). I made these 4 heads over a year ago, so I don't remember exactly how I got animations to work properly on them (I can get the new heads to animate, but I'm also getting a bad bug where the heads spin backwards randomly). Since it's way faster to make new parts without animations anyways, I'm just leaving the rest without animations.

Animations for the 4 heads for the most part work, but sometimes the mouth doesn't close all the way when it should (for example when biting). Doesn't look too bad, and since I can't figure out animations anyways I don't plan on trying to fixing it.

Textures will show up blurry in the creature editor if you have a lot of parts. They show up fine for me in game, although I do have a 4k texture mod.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 04/08/2018 05:27:19

Rob55Rod

Spacefaring Sporeling

Joined: 04/18/2014 18:55:26
Messages: 6362
Location:
.__________.

Offline

Can't wait to see where this goes :V
Also I can't help but notice that you appear to possibly still using Dark Injection 9 ._.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/10/2016 21:18:35

tklarenb

MouthBreather

Joined: 12/09/2010 14:55:19
Messages: 624
Location:
Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Galaxy Cluster

Offline

Rob55Rod wrote:Also I can't help but notice that you appear to possibly still using Dark Injection 9 ._.

That's because the original ability parts didn't seem to be in 9.r (at least in the version I downloaded) and I use those parts a ton so I went back to 9.

EDIT: I've opened up the abilities package for 9.r and it doesn't appear to match up with what I see in game. I'm seeing 5 pages in the package, but in game I only get 3 pages, one of which is completely blank, the others being the Necro-Plasma and FeatureBloat pages. I wasn't able to figure out why the other 3 pages weren't appearing, but I did manage to transfer the CoreSpore parts over to the Necro-Plasma page so I can access to them. So yay, I can finally use 9.r!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/10/2016 23:40:21

Rob55Rod

Spacefaring Sporeling

Joined: 04/18/2014 18:55:26
Messages: 6362
Location:
.__________.

Offline

tklarenb wrote:
Rob55Rod wrote:Also I can't help but notice that you appear to possibly still using Dark Injection 9 ._.

That's because the original ability parts didn't seem to be in 9.r (at least in the version I downloaded) and I use those parts a ton so I went back to 9.

Yeah, I heard about that issue, and spent about a day banging my head against the wall trying to fix it, until I finally did using a very simple solution. In hindsight, it was actually kinda funny...

tklarenb wrote:I've opened up the abilities package for 9.r and it doesn't appear to match up with what I see in game. I'm seeing 5 pages in the package, but in game I only get 3 pages, one of which is completely blank, the others being the Necro-Plasma and FeatureBloat pages. I wasn't able to figure out why the other 3 pages weren't appearing, but I did manage to transfer the CoreSpore parts over to the Necro-Plasma page so I can access to them. So yay, I can finally use 9.r!

:OD

tklarenb

MouthBreather

Joined: 12/09/2010 14:55:19
Messages: 624
Location:
Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Galaxy Cluster

Offline

T. rex texturing pretty much done, just testing out different paint combinations. The first picture is meant to show the different paint layers that will be available, red is the base color, green is the coat color, and blue is the detail color.

Rob55Rod

Spacefaring Sporeling

Joined: 04/18/2014 18:55:26
Messages: 6362
Location:
.__________.

Offline

:DDDDDDDD

tklarenb

MouthBreather

Joined: 12/09/2010 14:55:19
Messages: 624
Location:
Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Galaxy Cluster

Offline

Next head complete, Carnotaurus:

Rob55Rod

Spacefaring Sporeling

Joined: 04/18/2014 18:55:26
Messages: 6362
Location:
.__________.

Offline

Rob55Rod wrote::DDDDDDDD

DarkMagickan

GalacticGod

Joined: 01/30/2014 22:49:08
Messages: 10220
Location:
New North Korea

Offline

Pardon me, I appear to have some drool on my keyboard.

SapphireFlame

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 09/18/2008 02:30:13
Messages: 1269
Location:
spornsinglesmeet.com

Offline

So the eyes are a part of the head? That's interesting.

tklarenb

MouthBreather

Joined: 12/09/2010 14:55:19
Messages: 624
Location:
Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Galaxy Cluster

Offline

Spinosaurus added:

Also edited the Carnotaurus model to be more accurate in shape:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/15/2016 19:26:20

Horlocodon01

Microbe

Joined: 12/03/2016 06:06:50
Messages: 2
Offline

I want to know when this mod releases, there should be a forum post of this mod on davoonline
eme12

Civilized Sporeon

Joined: 05/13/2009 20:39:42
Messages: 1925
Location:
pee pee wee wees in my butt

Offline

I love you.

>be me
>king of Sporechan
tklarenb

MouthBreather

Joined: 12/09/2010 14:55:19
Messages: 624
Location:
Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Galaxy Cluster

Offline

Update, v1.0 released, see original post for details.

tklarenb

MouthBreather

Joined: 12/09/2010 14:55:19
Messages: 624
Location:
Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Galaxy Cluster

Offline

Been working on a few more heads, here's a preview of what I have so far:

Velociraptor

Pteranodon

Allosaurus

Ceratosaurus

I could release these now but I want to get at least some herbivores in before releasing v1.1, just haven't gotten around to making them yet since they'd require brand new models, and currently I'm trying to make what I can by editing existing heads since that's a much faster process (for example the Velociraptor is an edited Utahraptor, and the Allo and Cerato are edited from the Giganotosaurus)

Forum Index » Developer Corner
Go to: