The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Banned Adventures - Finding out if your adventure is banned and how to solve it.  XML
Forum Index » Adventure Corner
Sharples65

GalacticGod

Alright since this is more of a community effort I have decided to make this thread. Here you can ask us to check your adventure and see if it's banned or not. It's not actually 'banned' it's a glitch in the sharing system that seems to remove creations in the adventure and replace them. We can work together to fix this annoying issue.

How can you make it easier for yourself? Renaming creations! If you rename a creation then from what I remember is that when the creation gets replaced by the system, the renaming stays. If you don't rename it then whatever creation replaces it will have that name instead.

How will we find which creations are banned or not?

Easy. We will go into the adventure and use a system I like to call rows and columns. I have made an image to make this easy:

If one of the creations is a deep red color, it's obviously replaced. Here we can see that the first one that is banned is called Ms Spoffit. We would be able to distinguish this easily by saying that the replaced creation is on the 1st Column on the 2nd row. Easy right? Another example is Mr. Dooweeblie creation, we can find out that it's on the 2nd Column on the 2nd row. This makes it easy because replaced creations that are not named will replace the name with the creation that replaces it.

Alternatively with those struggling we can do pictures and show them what is being replaced.

I suggest that if you're not sure if a adventure is being banned or not, that you should share the adventure in question and one of us will have a look at it for you.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 06/28/2016 13:07:01

best sig
[WWW]
DireSquidGuy

Civilized Sporeon

Thanks bud.

Check out my Page, bros, brahs, and brehs!! (This is NOT a linkbomb!)

Sharples65

GalacticGod

DireSquidGuy wrote:Thanks bud.

You're welcome, hopefully this makes it easier for adventure creators out there.

best sig
[WWW]
DarkMagickan

GalacticGod

I'll be utilizing this at a later time, I'm sure.

Sharples65

GalacticGod

Would it be wise to request a sticky?

best sig
[WWW]
DireSquidGuy

Civilized Sporeon

Sharples65 wrote:Would it be wise to request a sticky?

I think it would, at least until this glitch has been dealt with.

Check out my Page, bros, brahs, and brehs!! (This is NOT a linkbomb!)

Sharples65

GalacticGod

DireSquidGuy wrote:
Sharples65 wrote:Would it be wise to request a sticky?

I think it would, at least until this glitch has been dealt with.

I'll ask one of the SporeMasters.

best sig
[WWW]
Sharples65

GalacticGod

Okay, I need help myself. Someone has noticed my adventure is banned. Which is annoying because right before it I re-uploaded everything aside from creations that weren't might I.E Props from other creators.

The adventure is this

Can someone please look into this adventure and use the instructions above to tell me what is getting banned so I can reupload it? Thanks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/26/2016 12:19:39

best sig
[WWW]
Derezzed

Microbe

Sharples65 wrote:Okay, I need help myself. Someone has noticed my adventure is banned. Which is annoying because right before it I re-uploaded everything aside from creations that weren't might I.E Props from other creators.

The adventure is this

Can someone please look into this adventure and use the instructions above to tell me what is getting banned so I can reupload it? Thanks.

Tell you what, I just shared an adventure of my own I think might have something banned in it, you check mine, I'll check yours.

Sharples65

GalacticGod

Seems totally reasonable. I would of done yours anyway for free. I'll edit or post this once I check.

Edit: Adventure is not banned. There are two indications are of this:

If the adventure was has been played by anyone AND their score has been credited in the leaderboard, then it can be confirmed not to be banned upon release. I see three people have been able to play it so far. I'm going to add this to the OP.

The other indication that I can tell that is not visible to you is that there is no red banned icon on the adventure.

However, it seems like some creation was restricting me from playing the adventure properly. As in I could not download it. I'm assuming this isn't your problem but mine considering all of your creations in the adventure are a slight dim red which means the adventure is too complex due to the unlimited complexity mod. Think I'll download that soon to really confirm it. But I'm almost sure it's not banned.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/26/2016 12:47:05

best sig
[WWW]
Derezzed

Microbe

Only a few of the creations in your adventure didn't get marked as banned: the player character and two of the buildings. I thought it was just failing to download at first, so I reopened it a few times to be sure.

Sharples65

GalacticGod

Geeze, every creature seems to be banned. I uploaded them all at once, could be the sharing system affecting it.

If I reupload it to the previous creations, can you please check? Thanks.

best sig
[WWW]
Derezzed

Microbe

Sharples65 wrote:Seems totally reasonable. I would of done yours anyway for free. I'll edit or post this once I check.

If the adventure was has been played by anyone AND their score has been credited in the leaderboard, then it can be confirmed not to be banned upon release. I see three people have been able to play it so far. I'm going to add this to the OP.

The other indication that I can tell that is not visible to you is that there is no red banned icon on the adventure.

However, it seems like some creation was restricting me from playing the adventure properly. As in I could not download it. I'm assuming this isn't your problem but mine considering all of your creations in the adventure are a slight dim red which means the adventure is too complex due to the unlimited complexity mod. Think I'll download that soon to really confirm it. But I'm almost sure it's not banned.

Of the plays it has, one of them is a friend who I often recruit to test out my adventures for me, and one is an alt I used to make sure it worked on another computer, both are linked to my main account. Far as I can tell, no one but me has been able to play it outside of the editor.
I suppose the problem really could be the mod, but I removed it before sharing(tried sharing it with the mod too, no difference), and the complexity meter wasn't even full then. I've seen adventures far more complex than this one share fine, who leads me to suspect it might not be related to the mod.

Geeze, every creature seems to be banned. I uploaded them all at once, could be the sharing system affecting it.

Sure, I'll check it out.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 06/26/2016 13:19:30

Sharples65

GalacticGod

Derezzed wrote:
Sharples65 wrote:Seems totally reasonable. I would of done yours anyway for free. I'll edit or post this once I check.

Of the plays it has, one of them is a friend who I often recruit to test out my adventures for me, and one is an alt I used to make sure it worked on another computer, both are linked to my main account. Far as I can tell, no one but me has been able to play it outside of the editor.
I suppose the problem really could be the mod, but I removed it before sharing(tried sharing it with the mod too, no difference), and the complexity meter wasn't even full then. I've seen adventures far more complex than this one share fine, who leads me to suspect it might not be related to the mod.

Sure, I'll check it out.

I just installed the infinite complexity mod for adventures, I'll take another look at it.

Can you please check my reuploaded version of my adventure and see if the same results are happening?:

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-Sharples65%7C500953723527%3Asast-501035489814

EDIT: There is one outstanding creation has been replaced in your adventure. I'm not sure if this is because of my side or yours since I couldn't download it. But anyway here it is.

Gameplay Objections

6th Page, 2nd Column, 1st row. Named as Eroded Roadstones. It has been replaced.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/26/2016 13:25:30

best sig
[WWW]
Derezzed

Microbe

Sharples65 wrote:I just installed the infinite complexity mod for adventures, I'll take another look at it.

Can you please check my reuploaded version of my adventure and see if the same results are happening?

Works perfectly now. Downloaded everything on the first try.

edit:
Sharples65 wrote:
DIT: There is one outstanding creation has been replaced in your adventure. I'm not sure if this is because of my side or yours since I couldn't download it. But anyway here it is.

Gameplay Objections

6th Page, 2nd Column, 1st row. Named as Eroded Roadstones. It has been replaced.

Ah, that makes sense. Building must have been too flat.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 06/26/2016 13:33:08

Forum Index » Adventure Corner
Go to: