The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

Darkspore Announcement  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
MaxisBazajaytee

Administrator

If you happen to play Spore and Darkspore, you may or may not have seen the notice yesterday on the Darkspore Forums that we will be shutting down Darkspore on the 1st March 2016.

This decision wasn't an easy one to be made.

Rest assured, the decision to shut down Darkspore does not have any relation to Spore and its services, especially as we spent so many months bringing it back online recently

I just wanted to jump in and assure you that Spore is going strong before any rumours start to the contrary.

dounttron

Civilized Sporeon

Mount Evil, Killdeath Island, Antarctica.

MaxisBazajaytee wrote:If you happen to play Spore and Darkspore, you may or may not have seen the notice yesterday on the Darkspore Forums that we will be shutting down Darkspore on the 1st March 2016.

LIES

lolwut darkspore is still a thing

TRUE SPOREANS NEVER DIE | The Community's Choice Features Thread | ККААААК
Rob55Rod

Spacefaring Sporeling

Ugh...

...um. Thanks for letting us know, I guess...

... D:

dounttron wrote:
MaxisBazajaytee wrote:If you happen to play Spore and Darkspore, you may or may not have seen the notice yesterday on the Darkspore Forums that we will be shutting down Darkspore on the 1st March 2016.

LIES

lolwut darkspore is still a thing

WAT

Also yes, Darkspore is still a thing. Haven't you seen the whole thing about the DarkSPORE creature editor? .-.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/02/2015 17:21:46

Applepie59

Civilized Sporeon

Aww, that's a shame. I can't say that I have every actually played Darkspore, but I'm sure that it was a nice little game in its own rights. It's sad to see it get shut down after only 5 years of service.

Then, again, it was apparently removed from Origin back in 2013, so we shouldn't be surprised this is happening.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/02/2015 17:23:49

[WWW]
TheShipBuilder

MouthBreather

Various Space ports and Shipyards throughout the Galaxy, Serving as Shipmaster and Imperial Prince

This is, of course, to make room for Spore 2: The Re-Sporing, right?

True Art is in the Words and how they are Perceived.
-Lord Admiral Sorrow
Oya, Vod!

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/TheShipBuilder
[WWW]
fungus3

Civilized Sporeon

TheShipBuilder wrote:This is, of course, to make room for Spore 2: The Re-Sporing, right?

That's less likely than the Big Rip Scenario being confirmed.

fungus3

Civilized Sporeon

MaxisBazajaytee wrote:I just wanted to jump in and assure you that Spore is going strong before any rumours start to the contrary.

Then get EA/Maxis to return to supporting and developing the game, and bring everything (the creatures, our Heroes, PARTS and animated TEXTURES, etc)

If Darkspore is turning into a mass extinction, at least get them to bring all the content into Spore so that Darkspore's legacy can live on in Spore!

Rob55Rod

Spacefaring Sporeling

fungus3 wrote:
MaxisBazajaytee wrote:I just wanted to jump in and assure you that Spore is going strong before any rumours start to the contrary.

Then get EA/Maxis to return to supporting and developing the game, and bring everything (the creatures, our Heroes, PARTS and animated TEXTURES, etc)

If Darkspore is turning into a mass extinction, at least get them to bring all the content into Spore so that Darkspore's legacy can live on in Spore!

HEY, THAT'S MY JOB!!

fungus3

Civilized Sporeon

Just sent an email to EA about Darkspore's demise.

fungus3

Civilized Sporeon

Rob55Rod wrote:
fungus3 wrote:

HEY, THAT'S MY JOB!!

I know, but there is a near-zero chance that you could succeed in doing it. So please, keep trying to do what you're doing, because we need all the support and help we can get if we want to immortalize Darkspore's content.

dragonethan

MouthBreather

its a good thing we have dark injection.
Galactus_Pie

Spacefaring Sporeling

fungus3 wrote:
Rob55Rod wrote:
fungus3 wrote:

HEY, THAT'S MY JOB!!

I know, but there is a near-zero chance that you could succeed in doing it. So please, keep trying to do what you're doing, because we need all the support and help we can get if we want to immortalize Darkspore's content.

DI mod....

Applepie59

Civilized Sporeon

Galactus_Pie wrote:
fungus3 wrote:
Rob55Rod wrote:
fungus3 wrote:

HEY, THAT'S MY JOB!!

DI mod....

They're talking about something akin to an official version of Dark Injection, created by Maxis and EA themselves.

[WWW]
Rob55Rod

Spacefaring Sporeling

fungus3 wrote:
Rob55Rod wrote:
fungus3 wrote:

HEY, THAT'S MY JOB!!

Well I'm sorry, but it's too late for you to discourage me, since I'm already succeeding:

So you can take your pessimism and put it somewhere that it actually applies to.

DOGC_Kyle

Civilized Sporeon

The South of the North (Southern Ontario, Canada)

Sad to hear it's getting shut down... though to be honest, I barely played it a month after I got it. Played all through the closed beta and got it at launch, but I lost interest soon after (didn't even finish the game).

It was a good game, the gameplay wasn't bad, graphics and music were pretty good (loved the sci-fi graphical style of the game). It was repetitive though, didn't really stay interesting for long, I think that's why I never really went back to it.

I'll probly replay it at some point before it gets shut down, finally finish the game once. Thanks for the well-in-advance notice.

I assume there won't be any offline/single-player mode? Would be nice to go back and replay it...but then again I may never do so.

Kyle N // DOGC_Kyle
My Spore Page // Gave up on adventures for now, decided to try making Spore 2 instead
// Sometimes participating in Project Multispore (multiplayer galaxy)
// Livestreaming Spore and other games at https://mixer.com/Kyle_Necrowolf

Relax, said the SMs,
Your posts have been received,
You can log out any time you like,
But you can never leave!
[WWW]

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: