The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Political Discourse™ Thread  XML
Forum Index » Science and Spore
Poll
Disclaimer: topic counts as political science, therefore valid.
Okay. 62% [ 53 ]
I'm a whiny baby. 38% [ 32 ]
Total Votes : 85
StinkyPachem

GalacticGod

Facciamo una scommessa. Se sto bandito, sto eletto presidente.

The United States 2016 presidential election is currently under way. Which candidate do you support?

Yeah, the OP is American-centered, sorry. You can still talk about the political affairs of other countries though.

_____

Spotlight:

I haven't seen the light of day in 76 years.

Current topic:

Extra info:

Democrats: (declared:) Hillary Clinton (OFFICIAL NOMINATION), Bernie Sanders (LOST), Martin O'Malley (DROPPED OUT), Roque "Rocky" de la Fuente (DROPPED OUT), Lincoln Chafee (DROPPED OUT)

Republicans: (declared:) Donald Trump (OFFICIAL NOMINATION),Jeb Bush(DROPPED OUT), Ben Carson (DROPPED OUT), Chris Christie (DROPPED OUT), Ted Cruz (DROPPED OUT), Carly Fiorina (DROPPED OUT), Mike Huckabee (DROPPED OUT), Jim Gilmore (DROPPED OUT), John Kasich (DROPPED OUT), Rand Paul (DROPPED OUT) Rick Santorum (DROPPED OUT), Marco Rubio (DROPPED OUT)

Bernie Sanders' speech at Liberty University.
Donald Trump's presidential announcement speech.
Hillary Clinton's Major Economic speech
Ted Cruz's presidential announcement speech.
Jeb Bush's announces White House bid at Miami-Dade college.

>>More info regarding ALL of the presidential candidates

Debates:

Democratic party:
1st 2015 Democratic candidate debate:

---

2nd 2015 Democratic candidate debate:

---

3rd 2015 Democratic candidate debate:

---

4th 2016 Democratic candidate debate:

---

5th 2016 Democratic candidate debate:

---

6th 2016 Democratic candidate debate:

I went on hiatus by this point so I didn't keep track of any future debates if there were any.

Hillary Clinton's Nomination Speech at the Democratic National Convention:

Republican party:

1st 2015 Republican candidate debate:

---

2nd 2015 Republican candidate debate:

---

3rd 2015 Republican candidate debate:

---

4th 2015 Republican candidate debate:

---

5th 2015 Republican candidate debate:

---

6th 2016 Republican candidate debate:

---

7th 2016 Republican candidate debate:

---

8th 2016 Republican candidate debate:

---

9th 2016 Republican candidate debate:

I went on hiatus by this point so I didn't keep track of any future debates if there were any.

Donald Trump's Nomination Speech at the Republican National Convention:

Come on kids, you know how the drill is with politics.

e1: Because one forum user was kind enough to explain to the cave men of the Sporum:
SapphireFlame wrote:
Squishy473 wrote:
SapphireFlame wrote:
Squishy473 wrote:
SapphireFlame wrote:Political science is a real thing and political science does fit into this section.
yes, but this is not political science. literally nothing here is scientific. look at my periodic table thread. compare it with this thread.

It's a completely different kind of science, it's like your telling me that Yu-gi-oh isn't a card game and only a standard deck of cards with kings and queens is. I’m in a political science class in collage right now, so I know what I'm talking about. I understand what you mean, chemistry is a very difference subject, but still a science. The word 'science' is a very big umbrella and this is still beneath that umbrella. I really don't want to waste my time arguing this with you, if you do not like this thread then you do not need to post on it.
i know that political science is a real thing,(now) but this is not political science. the title of this thread is "This is how to start a flame war". do i really need anymore proof then that?

The title of this thread is meant to tell the viewer and posters what they are getting themselves into. The title has nothing to do with what is written in the OP in terms of subject matter. So no, that isn't proof of anything other than we should expect a flame war over political views. Which is funny actually as we are arguing over the definition of WHAT is science when I wish we should go back to discussing politics. Come on migel and paches, get back to it and put this thread back on its rails for all of us riders to enjoy

e2: Notifying everyone that a moderator HAS posted on this thread already and will be keeping a close eye on it:
SporeMasterDOGC_Kyle wrote:• Work out differences politely
• Be respectful when posting about religious, political, or otherwise controversial content
• No personal attacks: don't flame, troll, insult, harass, threaten, rant, taunt or flamebait

Keep this thread on-topic, and do NOT argue with others over THEIR opinions. You may post your opinions, and you may respectfully discuss other's opinions. Do not force your own opinions onto others. If you cannot do these things, please do not post in this thread.

This message was edited 26 times. Last update was at 01/05/2017 21:00:55

Squishy473

Civilized Sporeon

What's the difference between democrats and republicans again?

StinkyPachem

GalacticGod

Democrat and Republican are political parties, and political parties are essentially alliances of people who share similar values and ideas. The goal of the political party is to help each other win. Multiple people of the party may compete against one another, but you cannot disparage your party or attempt to defame your party members. If you lose a nomination, election, or candidacy, and you are apart of a party, you are still required to support the winning member of your party.

They're like clubs in that way.

Squishy473

Civilized Sporeon

yes, i know that, but what is the difference between the two?

StinkyPachem

GalacticGod

Democratic party often holds ideas that considered more liberal and progressive in nature, whereas Republicans (also known as the GOP) are frequently conservative.

For instance, the Democratic party's web page reads:" There are several core beliefs that tie our party together: Democrats believe that we're greater together than we are on our own—that this country succeeds when everyone gets a fair shot, everyone does their fair share, and everyone plays by the same rules. Our party ... focused on building an economy that lifts up all Americans, not just those at the top. That's why Democrats are working to make progress on issues like job creation, equal pay, education, health care, and clean energy."

The Republican party's web page reads: "House Republicans are united by a desire to make America a better place, a nation where we are not defined by our limits, but by our potential. We champion free markets – and trust people to make their own decisions, not a government that decides for you."

The GOP's about section is ironic, because they're frequently the ones who vote against healthcare, women's choice, and marriage equality - and are often the ones imposing the Christian belief system onto law and politics. GOP is also full of wealthy people who want to get more wealthy (which isn't wrong, but this opinion happens to be fueled by my personal bias).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/17/2015 00:29:50

dounttron

Civilized Sporeon

Mount Evil, Killdeath Island, Antarctica.

Deez Nuts 2016

TRUE SPOREANS NEVER DIE | The Community's Choice Features Thread | ККААААК
Zandoo

Civilized Sporeon

I don't think anyone here genuinelly wants Donald Trump to win..

I mean...

Donald Trump wrote:'m a whiner. And I whine until I win.

Come on...

Then the world blew up. The end.

EropsToad wrote:wups
DarkLord979 wrote:Ok... take my five stars...
Squishy473

Civilized Sporeon

StinkyPachem wrote:Democratic party often holds ideas that considered more liberal and progressive in nature, whereas Republicans (also known as the GOP) are frequently conservative.

For instance, the Democratic party's web page reads:" There are several core beliefs that tie our party together: Democrats believe that we're greater together than we are on our own—that this country succeeds when everyone gets a fair shot, everyone does their fair share, and everyone plays by the same rules. Our party ... focused on building an economy that lifts up all Americans, not just those at the top. That's why Democrats are working to make progress on issues like job creation, equal pay, education, health care, and clean energy."

The Republican party's web page reads: "House Republicans are united by a desire to make America a better place, a nation where we are not defined by our limits, but by our potential. We champion free markets – and trust people to make their own decisions, not a government that decides for you."

The GOP's about section is ironic, because they're frequently the ones who vote against healthcare, women's choice, and marriage equality - and are often the ones imposing the Christian belief system onto law and politics. GOP is also full of wealthy people who want to get more wealthy (which isn't wrong, but this opinion happens to be fueled by my personal bias).
so they are both identical, but persuade you with wording things differently?

dounttron

Civilized Sporeon

From my understanding,

The Democrats are more open to things like social programs, welfare, healthcare and equality like same-sex marriage etc

The Republicans are conservative in that they lean more towards being less involved with people's lives, and are less open to change.

Deez Nuts is a farmkid from Iowa and a hero of the people.

StinkyPachem

GalacticGod

Squishy473 wrote:so they are both identical, but persuade you with wording things differently?

No, you're just determined to trivialize how significant country-wide politics is.

If you want to make blanket statements, then Republicans are traditionalists who like big business and military, and Democrats are are progressives who focus on social issues and the common man.

dounttron wrote:Deez Nuts is a farmkid from Iowa and a hero of the people.

Unfortunately, that was only a local poll.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/17/2015 00:56:04

DarkLord979

Spacefaring Sporeling

For the record, I am a Trump supporter.

[WWW]
Squishy473

Civilized Sporeon

i vote putin, then again, i can't vote because i am not a US citizen.

StinkyPachem

GalacticGod

StinkyPachem wrote:Who do you intend to support /vote for in the upcoming 2016 Presidential election?

In that case, I made an edit for you.

dounttron

Civilized Sporeon

StinkyPachem wrote:
dounttron wrote:Deez Nuts is a farmkid from Iowa and a hero of the people.

Unfortunately, that was only a local poll.

Viva La Revolución!

Superraptor

Spacefaring Sporeling

So far Sanders is the only dude that talks sense and practices what they preach. Though I'll be cool with anyone other than Trump as president.

Email pictures of cats to me at dopeydovah@gmail.com
[WWW]

Forum Index » Science and Spore
Go to: