The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
"Away team" missions  XML
Forum Index » Spore Feedback
snabald

Microbe

How cool would it be if there were missions where you actually had to land on a planets surface and accomplish some task.

I love the scope of space stage but I feel like it kind of hurts the grand scale of things when you can't get out of your ship and walk around on a planet, just to get a feel for the scope of a the universe we are playing in.

One of the coolest things about creature and tribal stage to me was simply exploring the planet, I found a rock formation that looked like a monolith during tribal stage in one of my games with what looked like alien writing around it and thought it was an awesome find, I watched the sun set and rise on my home planet, and saw a gas giant and my planet's moon in the sky at night, and later in space stage I colonized the moon, and saw the gas giant from space.

This kind of stuff is really cool to me, and I'd love to be able to get out and explore other planets on foot and experience the same kind of "grand scale" from them as you do from your home planet.

"Wow - you really vlobsnarbed the fallopsnar!!!"

My Spores!
eumesmo92

Microbe

there is a tool called hologram scout.

for more info visit this link: http://spore.wikia.com/wiki/Hologram_Scout

Don't do cheats.

I did some and look:

Here they are
http://www.spore.com/view/achievements/eumesmo92
snabald

Microbe

eumesmo92 wrote:there is a tool called hologram scout.

for more info visit this link: http://spore.wikia.com/wiki/Hologram_Scout

I know, but it's still not exactly like walking around/performing missions on a planet's surface.

"Wow - you really vlobsnarbed the fallopsnar!!!"

My Spores!
westraz

Multicellular

you know there or a fuw ways that could be dune, we need to find soandso, but or skaners dont work well, you need to get out and look on foot (but we get you near), or they landed troops get out and help us (maybe even pilting your old tanks) make spore in to a FPS might be fun

hello all I have bad spelling, but like posting am a but of a nut enjoy
shinu1729

MouthBreather

I like the idea

I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here come join me.
ThaChief

Microbe

You can be attacked by an epic if your hologram is near him

Luminar

Civilized Sporeon

Ahhh, shades of Star Control 2. It'd be cool if you could either go out on foot for uneven and difficult terrain, or send down your Colony Land vehicle and have a drive around. As it is you barely ever see vehicles after you create them, so having one right there as your vehicle you're driving around in in third person would give me some incentive to create vehicles, since I never make them.

As for the concept itself, it'd be cool if you could accomplish missions given to you such as "An infamous pirate leader has a small base on _, but he has hostages in there! We need you to go in and free them" where using your ship to just blast everything isn't the solution. It could also be used off your own bat while not on any missions, such as going down to a tribal/civilised alien society for "We come in peace!/Shoot to kill!" moments. That'd actually make tribes and civs in space seem like more than just a speedbump.
aim icon
shinu1729

MouthBreather

This will actually be in the next expansion.

I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here come join me.
treebark

Microbe

Yeah, they should also have an upgrade that allows you to explore gas giants.

Im Special
Chlorine

Microbe

You'll love the Spring 09 expansion pack.

Forum Index » Spore Feedback
Go to: