Yea i did all that too. I messed with all the options. I did all 9 path's. to just mess with um. And even did a few mixed ones. And all you get here and there is a diff options. Like the Speed demon is nice to have for the space stage...
But in the end it's all the same. Once you make it to the middle.. Thats it.. The mission's are the same over and over again.
Find a creature
Save a planet
And that's it.. Ohh and the biggest thing to piss me off is that SPORE HELP ME IM BEING ATTACKED every 3 mins.. Now that get's old fast as hell. And me being all over the place by the time I get there they hate me cus I didn't help. And they attack my home planet and try and kill me.
They really need to fix a lot of stuff in there. But once they really make the needed change's. This game will be gold.
1. Get rid of DRM.
2. Add more stuff to all stages.
3. Make the phase's longer.
4. Fix the cap on the cell phase - let you keep collecting dna points until you go to land and it caps at 100 to get your legs and arms or what ever. that way people don't farm dna for ever.
5. Add a time machine tool. - Let's you travel back to any phase you want and make change's and then return after your done. And all change's will reflect the future of those change's.
6. Add a visit the planet tool better then the hologram scout. So that way you can fight and kill stuff and visit your city's and the alien city's. Example you and your feet land and go attack a city hand to hand.
7. Add a map system when you highlight a wormhole it shows you what systems are on the other side. And what part of the system the wormhole goes to. I know there is a travel path option that does it. but it only show's a line in the direction of where the wormhole lead's.
8. Add more everything. Mission's, Black hole's, Super nova's, More control over city's and spice control to those city's. And access to creature control and underwater city's even. Like water based race's. and the ability to travel under water to visit them. And even dock anywhere to get out your ship and visit and go places. And even the ability to fight epic monsters hand to hand with weapons and go to war hand to hand like I said up a lil bit =P
9. PVP. Yes I said PVP. Give the PVP people there cake and let um eat it too!. Cus I want to beat by buddy's up and blow there plants up lol. You need to add the ability to travel to other players galaxy and goof around with them. And also group with them and so on
10. Real player interaction & space station's where you can dock. And also the ability to make space stations not just planets. Player owned streture's.
11. The ability to make jumps across multi system. Faster warp drive or what ever. And also the ability to make your own wormhole/Jump drive for Point2Point travel!.
12. Give mission's an option to do with buddy's
There are a lot more idea's I have but I will keep addin stuff when it comes up or people add reply's cus im prolly overloading maxis lol. They prolly wont ever read this post.. But incase they do add this stuff. I hope they keep us in mind for props =)
And also guy's... 2 words... Space Station!
Cus im sick and tired of going to every single planet and getting spice.. My god!!!!....
Not to mention that SPORE shop. Buying 1 item at a time when you need 3 or more alot of the times. And you cant. Im like jesus... Its just way to easy so why not make it better for shopping. Give us the Dub-Click Buy patch. Im so sick of clickin Buy Item 9 million times.. GRRRRRRRRRR And every time you go to get your spice. One of your planets is underattack. It took me 45 mins to finish collecting 99 pink spices cus every time i tryed to fly over to get some. Bam under attack help get here again. And it was my home plant.. AHHHHHHHHHHH
But they really need to fix the SPORE attack rate on planets. And also mark next to the planet how many spice it's makein. And also an advanced filter section. Not to mention when you highlight a wormhole it tells you where it goes.
Filter Star's By
Worm Hole's On A Full Scale. (Zoom out with the wormhole filter on to see all route's clear as day what system they go to)
And so on
And they really need to add a space station and let people hire spice runners to the station. And the station can carry up to 1000 of each spice.
And they need to fix the 99 limit on crap. Really. Who think's a space ship could only carry 99 thing's of spice? LOL.
Cus i tell you what. On EVE i was able to carry 47,000m3 Thats 47,000Tons pretty much. Gotta love my hulk all fixed up =P
I think in the creature stage there should be a more real type of social system for mates. Like mateing with the alpha will give a bonus to dna and parts and more attack and so on.
And goes in any case really. Bonus's for lot's of thing's. Like a reward system too. And also if you could unlock history and stuff lol. Like if you do something special out pop's an award along with a lil history on it. and bam. you get something nice. like +1 to all meal's. Or. +3 to all attacks. And what ever ya know.
And just add thing's to make it more real. I mean come on EA. you can do it =P
Ahh and yes i forgot something to add. BIG TIME THIS IS A NEED!!!!
Colonies Preset. IM SICK AND TIRED!!! of ploping building's down every 2 min's. My god.. I think you should be able to do it once. And have a template you make. Drop the colonies's building and then click the template button and BAM! your same layout every time!....
And please fix that SPORE bug with the car's getting stuck on tree's with the spice mine's. They will just sit there and wont collect nothing and you lose out spice cus of it. I get sick of useing my transporter to move them.
rocketgirl wrote:- Emergent behavior. Right now, creatures are either grumpy or friendly, and the interactions you can have with them are very, very limited. A personality system reminiscent of TheSims 2 would be the LEAST acceptable level of interactivity between NPCs, and PCs as well.
- Self-sufficient colonies, NPC autonomy; demanding that I--with my ONE SHIP--fix every last little disaster or design every last little part of my planets is simply unreasonable and busywork, big time. I'd like my colonies to auto-upgrade, and the weapons/facilities determine how readily they can fix disasters on their own, instead of requiring my direct assistance.
- Failing the previous entry, the ability to build fleets and station them on my worlds...OR the ability to simply click on a planet to issue orders without having the personally fly there. In other words, get rid of the micromanagement or make it much, much easier.
- Trade routes generate cash instead of making planets purchasable.
- Make the editors MEAN SOMETHING. Except for the Cell and Creature editors, all the editors are aesthetic only; the parts you add are 100% for looks, not for functionality, and that renders them pointless.
- Make the choices made while building a planet's ecosystem matter more. Right now, a planet has a T-score and a checklist of required flora and fauna to reach the next level; instead, having a balanced ecosystem should be something more fluid, less rigid and controlled. Less black-and-white.
- Give each species the ability to be as diverse as a Sims character; in TheSims, a character could be a mixture of a lot of traits, giving them a distinct personality; a Spore species seems to be fairly rigid in what they are--religious, military, etc--and this makes the game feel much more dumbed down. Each species should have percentage sliders that determine their personality, giving them tons of diversity, instead of being archetypes.
- In fact, the whole game needs that added flexibility; it's far, far too rigid as far as I'm concerned. You're either this or you're that in Spore; there isn't enough variety.
A lot of these changes would make the game more interesting, more fun across the board, and might make it worthy of Game of the Year, not to mention my own personal praise and enthusiasm; it would make the game what I thought I was getting, instead of what we were actually given.
darchon81 wrote:I would like to see more flexibility in the editors. Right now in order to survive you have to have a tier 5 mouth/spit/char/dance/etc. which severely limits the creativity. Use some math so that maybe two tier 4 mouths = a five.. not sure but it would add a lot more coolness. (It was this way when just the creator was out but i think they added linear)
More options for moving pieces. Different creators allow you to do things that would be great in others. IE move parts either just vertically or horizontally in the building editor would allow a lot of freedom in the other editors.
As others have mentioned they creatures/tribes/civs should be much more dynamic, not just religious, economic or war. Darn it I want to be conspired an economic war machine!
Movable/Scalable textures, SPORE be with me, I dont know how many times I have created a teardrop block only to find that the stupid textures that i want dont line up for nothin. All you have to do is add sliders like the moving does to move it around the object and to scale it to make it bigger, or to rotate it. I mean come on what if I want my wood slates to go the other way.
stuffy71 wrote:In the editors : It'd be nice if you could lock a part in place so you don't accidentally move it while positioning ten pieces of flair on it. Perhaps right click on it to lock it there?
Also if the creature didn't react every time you put on a new part. I mean it was cute the first 5 times but for crying out loud will you sit still while I put on these 10 armour plates...
Rabish wrote:They need to change two things. Only two, and both in Space stage. There are other things they could change to make it better, but two is all I think it needs to make it great.
1) The raids, disasters, pirates, and etcetera. Make them far, far less frequent, or make colonies capable of dealing with those problems on their own without any problems, or do both.
2) Deliver spice for the player. Let them set up the routes on their own - there's no need to remove having the player figure out the most profitable ways of dealing with these sorts of things - but please, please don't make us do it ourself. It's just an absolute tedium, especially when you have a lot of colonies.
That's it. Improvements to the creature creators, more variety in the missions, and improvements to the other stages would be nice, but these two things are the ones that seem necessary to me, and they're the only things making me stop playing the game.
ok well after reading what everyone else had to say heres my two cents ...
yes spore lacks some features that we saw in 2005 and yes i think we will see them again soon in a expansion
cell stage seems like a tutorial to me so im fine with it
creature stage could use some random attacks on you from roaming groups
tribal stage is fun but too short and lacks some control
civ stage is too short and lacks control and i would like to see alot more interaction here like the vehicle parts actually meaning something
space stage is tedious i agree less frequent attacks or disasters and instant spice transfer to your ship so i dont have to visit every planet
and for the creater i would add the fallowing things ... tails, tentacles, and a tool for locking parts
well thats my two cents and for any maxis people reading this im not bashing spore... its a good game i just think it could be better
w1sp3r wrote:How about the ability to drop your city packages on a planet with another race, or sentient being.. I cant even drop my city package on a tribal planet! I want to drop a city package on a planet with my enemyon it, or even an ally and then take them over by force, or which ever way i choose... Unless your a trader style player, you wont get another races planet unless you destroy them withyour one little UFO..
PLEASE FOR GODS SAKE LET US DROP OR CITY PACKAGES ON ANY PLANET WE CHOOSE..!!!!
plastereddragon wrote:Not every creature that evolves has to walk around on land. How about birds that are actually birds? (i.e. live in trees) Why can't my creature be an ocean dweller that stays in the sea? Or a burrowing creature that lives underground? Why can't we evolve intelligent plant species?
Why does everything have to be a vertebrate? Why can't I make starfish? Jellyfish?
Why does every creature required to have bilateral symmetry? Ever seen a flounder? It really is okay to let me put ONE arm on the left side of my creature instead of forcing me to have two arms or one in the center.
Why do all the arms and legs essentially look the same? Where are tentacles? Where are pseudopods? Where are the segmented insect-like legs?
Why are there so many "whimsical" (i.e. SILLY) creature parts when so many functional parts are not present? My creature can have grass, pompoms, leaves, and propellers growing out of it, but it can't have a proboscis? Or a stinger? Or a mane? Or a horse-tail? Or FUR?
Why can't we design our own plants?
Why do we invest so much time in gathering DNA and designing creatures when the physical attributes of our creatures cease to matter at the tribal stage and beyond?
Why is the tribal stage so shallow? Click the maracas, click the horns, click the didgeridoo... are you guys serious? If you are going to make a civ game, make a civ game. Where are the technologies? Where's art? Where's pottery? Where's TRADE???
Civ stage appears to be the tribal stage with vehicles. The graphics are very pretty but there really is nothing here. There is no strategy that I can detect. Why is this stage even in the game?
The space stage is the pits. Why do I have to spend all my time running back to defend worlds from pirates? I'm playing the part of an intelligent spacefaring race controlling dozens of planets and we can only manage to make one ship at a time? Why can't I build ships to defend worlds? Where is the concept of resources? Why can't I assign worlds to build things... and not just one kind of ships, but multiple kinds of defenses? Later in the game you can finally buy a turret that doesn't stink (city turrets BTW are utterly useless and a waste of money) but you still have to run to the planet and watch the turret destroy the enemies.
Why do I have to keep dealing with "infected animals"? Give me a break. This is stupid. Fly around, find the glowing animal and kill it. BORING. At least make such stupid quests optional.
It's an entire galaxy and the only commoditys are six different colors of spice? That's it? Are you serious? After I have enough planets to produce all six colors in decent quantities why would I WANT any more planets? It doesn't get me anything except more headaches... more boring pirate encounters or infected-creature hunts.
Why isnt there a commodity creator where I can make my own commodities and then assign colonies (or planets) to produce them? Why isn't the spice USED for anything?
Why are my allied ships ALWAYS in the way? Why doesn't my scanning beam, laser beam, tractor beam, heat/cold ray, just pass THROUGH them?
plastereddragon wrote:Also, in the space stage, why do I have to look at the same lengthy animations over and over? Why can't I just travel to a star to get the spice from my worlds there... why do I HAVE to zoom into the solar system view and then click on each planet I own and then zoom back out again to go to the next star? That's dumb.
Better yet why do I have to all this silly running around? Why can't the game include freighters that run and get the spice for me and deliver it to a planet of my choosing so that I can stockpile spice without having to run around all day? Is it because "run around all day" is pretty much all the space stage is?
Why do I have to break orbit just to look at a star map? Why can't I optionally turn on something that shows the names of planets and stars without requiring me to hover over them? Why can't I rename planets and stars? Why can't I make annotations on star systems or planets so I can find them again??? It's the space age and I'm writing down where to find pink spice on scrap paper??? Why can't my star map show me with a single click ALL the known stars where a certain color spice is, or a planet of a certain type (T0-T3), or even a certain species of creature or plant?
Hazary wrote:- Add some economy system, like colonies less than T3 will cost you money. Planets far away or too close to their star needs constant buildings to maintain its atmosphere, that will also cost a maintainment. Something that you will need to balance like in simcity, buildings that generates profit and others that will cost you money.
- Add random disasters, meteorites, earthquakes, volcanos (not the ones you can "buy"), evacuating colonies because an asteroid is coming, or the star is about to explode (this could fit with new mission types).
- Ability to conquer planets with ground forces. Sometimes i would like to conquer a planet like in the civ phase (even i don't like it very much, but it becomes repetitive to spam bombs (well, just one) and conquer a city)
renlar wrote:Some of these are ideas i agree with and some are my own ideas. I'm sure i've forgotten some
1: A separate Auto save feature.
3: Check boxes to delete massive numbers of creatures from the sporepedia.
4: Access to your own sporecast with the Buddies Only feature turned on.
1: To go extinct. Basic game play concept is the game over. Without it this is just window dressing for the creators.
2: An actual Ecosystem in creature phase. It isnt kill or be killed. It isnt get food and procreate or die off. It should be. There needs to be Competition between other creatures for food, and between your own species for the best mate.
3: Having a species population in creature phase. This ties in with the ecosystem/extinction idea. Plus it can tie in to a more advanced population function at tribal phase.
4: Missions/mini games in creature stage. EX: find a nest/ take over a new territory. Find a mate. Discover technology/fire whatever.
5: More roaming creatures tied to a territory instead of a nest.
Advances in technology. You shouldn't advance to civilization phase just because you made friends or killed them off. There should be mini games to discover fire, tools, weapons, instrument, or music to advance to tribal stage. Also discovering i dunno mathamatics or whatever to get to civilization. It doesnt have to be advanced or complicated. Just pick a few things and make them a mini game. Mini games could add a lot more depth.
Complexity to the Civilization phase and Tribal phase. More Civ Management/technology advancement again.
7: Changing star systems. Stars need to come and go. The galaxy isnt some static thing that you can hop from star to star on.
8: More variety of interesting things to see in space (i havent seen more than a nebula, fireball, worm hole, and a few binary stars, but that could be cause i have to keep going back to save my allies and colonies)
9: More variety of missions in space. EX: We want to find out whats on the other end of this wormhole! Colonize a system for an ally. Wipe out a rival race.
10: Auto configure colonies. I'm tired of doing it all by hand. I'll pay for it again just lets get rid of the repetition.
11: A galactic federation. Not trying to rip off star trek but i want my allies to get along and be friends. There could even be missions to improve relations between different races, wipe out a violent race, or even advance a new civilization and get it to join the galactic alliance.
12: Advanced economy in space stage. Spice is nice, but im tired of micromanaging everything. What else is there to trade besides artifacts and spice?
13: More information available in the sporpedia/new menu option. I want a menu that shows the following things:
a: Races I'm Allied with
b: Star systems ive visited, planets in the system, spice of the planet, colony level of the planet, owner of the star system.
Ok thats all for now. I Just wanted to add that Spore is a lot of fun, and I have been hooked. Its just that i had such high hopes, and i want it to be all it could have been. I do appreciate maxis for making this awesome thing. Its more about playing with the things you make in the creator rather than being an actual game. You can do it! I'm still holding out hope that it can be improved, theres a good start, so just go the rest of the way.
ok heres what is siad is going to happen
(percentage is that its actually goinf to happen)
water phase and ability to make your creater advance through the space stasge living in water the whole time 90%
plant editor 99%
more parts 100%
POSSIBLE multiplayer will actually said that he was in the process of making it saying if you wernt at you computer adv ai allows the comp when your away to act similar to you or allows "SLEEP SHEILD" which potects all planets you own when your away 80% (within 2009)
people hated spore when it came out because it didn't have multi player and the water phase or w/e this is why it wasn't a 9.9 or somthing on game sites and only a 9.0 - 9.4 if it gets all these things it will be 9.5 material all the way but a MAJOR thing it needs is more deversity and dynamics that will make it 10.0 material
not just the same basic thing every stage 90%
more attack diversity and strategy 90%
evolution was almost not displayd due to the fact of the parts that went up by a "level" that doesn't really happen in evoltion, you can have a insect wing that flys better than a bird wing and most parts should have there ups and downs (though obviosly allot of grass psart is better at camo that a sigle piece ) %unkown
for small adv animals 80%
allow flying animals not just gliding ( though for a certin period of time) unkown
better ai 100% (but was not said)
they should have longer phases (like most of you said) 99%
longer cell stage with 15 parts and longer witha a cell stage creator %unkown
actual poison that when touch or when you attack you ingect it 80%
other ways of detecting things ( besidse smell like sonart) 60%
the more you have of somthing the better its part specialty works (like wings you can jump and glide higher and longer with more parts) it may allready be implemented i just havent noticed it
not just one space ship in space stage actuall fleets that colony ai can manage and you can wage war with ( like the ai's do) and im nopt talkin allies like they have now
that all for now this would deffinatley give a score for possibly the best game ever
janus713 wrote:Here are my suggestions for things that should be in the game, but for some reason aren't:
1. Enabling SLI. For a game that show's that it's powered by NVidia, it should be SLI capable.
2. Test drive modes for vehicles and spaceships. Self explanatory.
3. In-game graphics to match graphics in editors. Maybe it's because there's no SLI, but even with settings all the way to high, all the details and patterns don't show through in-game.
4. Rating content in-game. I can comment in-game, but for some reason can only rate content online.
5. Sensitivity of in-game editors. I've noticed that clicking on things in the editors, even the creature editor, does not seem to be as precise as it even was in the stand-alone Creature Creator.
6. Setting the amount of Eco-Disasters and Pirate raids. Maybe in the form of a sliding bar going from 'never' to 'all the time'. It's a bit annoying having to run back to my colonies every 2 minutes, and all my allies' colonies because they're all completely helpless without me (Don't they have their own space fleet?)
7. Fix the camera controls in the space stage! I don't know why the camera controls are completely different in the space game, but it makes it hard to play sometime. You can't zoom all the way in, Everything on the ground gets blocked by trees. <, >, Page Up, and Page Down are not handy controls for moving the camera around while trying to fly or zap creatures.
A better camera control system for Space would greatly enhance my enjoyment of that part of the game (especially since most of the game takes place there!)
Thanks for listening.
We need more diversification. More options, more objects to manipulate, more things to customize, please make the flora editor, that would make me happy! An editor to allow us to make our own textures and coat designs. Tons more parts. I’m a graphic designer and I’ve already thought of several different looking parts that would look great added to the collection. instead of a bunch of cloned copies of your final character popping out of every colony make it so that there are young ones teenaged ones, old ones, like the Sims, be able to click on individual homes and see what each citizens life is like. What goes on in the colony, how do they support themselves, do they have relationships.
Make it so that more than one species lives on the planet that goes to the space age. When you take over a colony, that were enemies, or a system you bought, they don’t magically become your species, and you certainly don’t say get the hell out this is our planet now, well maybe you can... but interspecies co-existing on the same world!
This one was my most favorite; my 5 year old son has asked me to comment on this. When you take over a planet or purchase a colonized planet, 1st allow the species to co-exist where it isn’t just a bunch of cloned carbon copied your characters running around. and 2nd have them breed together, like on the Sims game with the genetics, take bits and pieces from both parents like the grouchy eyes from one and the general body shape from the other, the mouth and coat base color from one and legs and texture from the other...etc and make an entirely NEW species! Wouldn’t that be so cool, to breed a graganoth with a skick skick and end up with baby gragaskicks! LOL, that would be so neat to watch.
So for all spore lovers, keep the ideas coming, if you want changes then speak up, spore creators need our feedback! And spore creators, please really take into consideration what we say in this post. We the consumer with millions of creative minds working together like the borg collective know all! and thanks for the hard work you have already put in to this game; it’s one of the best ones EA has made yet!
omni2226 wrote:1.I agree to making planets/colonys self suffcient as far as defense goes.
2.And please add a central hub for gathering spice, or allow us to set up a real trade route and then forget about it unless the planet changes owners or becomes and enemy.
3.I want to colonize and terraform, not babysit empires who should be able to defend them selves.
littaly wrote:Spore is awesome but it needs polishing.
Creature stage is fun but needs some more options, more specifically birds and amphibious creatures, fur and feathers. Some asymmetry would be nice if it is possible. In addition it would be nice if there were more ways to "Paint" your creature, sort of like the option you have for buildings. Same thing for clothes, give the option to color them instead of giving them the same color as the skin.
Tribal and Civilization stages are very stripped RTS mini games. Tribal could use more tools, more tires and a bit more discoveries to make the stage longer and the gap between tribal and civilization smaller (now it goes straight from "ugh ugh" to "vroom vroom") Maybe some more detail to the three play styles in civ stage, like dealing with inflation, customizable religions that are easier/harder to push on others and maybe some more units (light(/heavy, anti building/anti units for the military.
Space wise please cut the flying back to my home planet to defend it every 2 seconds, it gets tiresome.