The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Next Patch Coming Soon.  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
SporeMasterNumerator

Spore Master

http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/225/5047.page#84658

MaxisKane wrote:Hi Spore Players,

We have been listening to the reports of issues on this board and to Customer Support and we will be putting out another patch very, very soon. The patch is of course free and should fix the major issues some players are experiencing. We will release it as soon as it's been certified by testing. I know that you've waiting and we really appreciate your patience. It's going to be out very soon as soon as it's been certified.

Thanks again for your patience.

MaxisKane

also

MaxisKane wrote:
This patch will be mainly focused on fixing the critical bugs some users are seeing. We'll post a full list of fixes when the patch is released.

As Lucy said in this thread, http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/2897.page we will be releasing the ability to add multiple Screen Names to a Spore Online Account on our website very soon but that new feature will be released outside of this patch once it's fully tested.

We will continue to look at issues people are seeing and are trying to respond as fast as we can.

-MaxisKane

It is good idea to backup your package files and saved games before you patch, just in case.

http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/0/5625.page#53787

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 10/15/2008 17:17:21

[WWW]
Chareene

Multicellular

YAY!!!! Thanks so much for the heads up!!!!! We players appreciate it when we feel as if we haven't been forgotten.
PrinceofIce

Civilized Sporeon

...Better be some GOOD changes -.-

Call me Prince. Or Ice. Or Poi. Or whatever.

Play Heroes of Newerth? Tell me.
[WWW]
Bluhman

Civilized Sporeon

Yahoo! Let's hope it gets done right this time!

RedLightning777

Civilized Sporeon

PrinceofIce wrote:...Better be some GOOD changes -.-

I echo that sentiment... Specially now that they are releasing a parts pack before any true expansion.

Parts is parts... if it doesnt affect that actual gameplay whats the point?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/11/2008 00:45:11

The castle crumbles from within. Outsiders will not notice till the last of the walls come down.
OneBlackbird

Spacefaring Sporeling

The fact that this

MaxisKane wrote:The patch is of course free

was even there should prove to all those people complaining about the staff not watching the boards that the staff is indeed watching them. It also makes me lol.

New patch=win (I hope).

Didzo wrote:There are few things Blackbird enjoys more than the sweet taste of children's tears. This delicious nectar trickles down through the sphincter he calls a soul, giving a shadow of life to the hollowness within. It is the aroma of the deaths of innocence that keeps him lucid in his fetid void of existence. The soft, mournful cry of children is a lullaby to Blackbird as he drifts off to a dreamless sleep. For Blackbird, he is Worse than Hitler.
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Onewing

Microbe

if it doesnt affect that actual gameplay whats the point?

Well, gameplay changes are going to be very slow to come over patches. This game is so massive, one change affects a billion things, which will require testing. For example, should they change a spice color from blue to orange, it would take a few man-weeks to make sure that didn't break anything.

So, obviously, the priority is to fix "broken" items and bugs.

My 2 pennies (as in cents, to clarify...pervs).

---
"I might be a winner!" - Last words of the Treadmill Master.

My Spore page: http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Onewing
Soldats

Microbe

MaxisKane wrote:Hi Spore Players,

We have been listening to the reports of issues on this board and to Customer Support and we will be putting out another patch very, very soon. The patch is of course free and should fix the major issues some players are experiencing. We will release it as soon as it's been certified by testing. I know that you've waiting and we really appreciate your patience. It's going to be out very soon as soon as it's been certified.

Thanks again for your patience.

MaxisKane

KANE LIVES!!!!!

Finnical

Multicellular

Very soon sounds good. Very good. I approve.

"I like that that happened. I'm gonna do that again." -Space Ghost
Visko

Multicellular

Really was that so hard maxis? It's like they forgot how to socialize, and now monkeys are teaching them how to talk to people again.

[MSN]
Sikyanakotik

Multicellular

OneBlackbird wrote:New patch=win (I hope).

win: String → Bool
win(x) = (x ∈ Awesome)

But:

"I hope" ∉ Awesome

∴ New patch = false.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 10/11/2008 02:16:39

Patrick Reding
Amateur game designer
My Profile / Mounted & Rider Creature Sporecast
Finnical

Multicellular

Visko wrote:Really was that so hard maxis? It's like they forgot how to socialize, and now monkeys are teaching them how to talk to people again.
Hey, cut them some slack. EA has been keeping them on a leash. In the end, it takes dedicated monkeys like us players to help lead Maxis in the right direction.

"I like that that happened. I'm gonna do that again." -Space Ghost
curradoc

Microbe

What will actually be contained in the new patch?

What is the expected release date?

Are there any ramifications for new product contained in the patch interacting with non-patched product (eg: creature tweaked content interacting with non-updated tweak content)?

Tek20

Microbe

I don't know what the rest of the forum members know about patching games, but I am sure it is not easy to develop a patch.

If they rushed the patch and it causes more problems then what would you think?

Visko

Multicellular

Finnical wrote:
Visko wrote:Really was that so hard maxis? It's like they forgot how to socialize, and now monkeys are teaching them how to talk to people again.
Hey, cut them some slack. EA has been keeping them on a leash. In the end, it takes dedicated monkeys like us players to help lead Maxis in the right direction.

lol i like that response to my irate statement. Made me laugh. 5star

[MSN]

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: