The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
ANNO 2114: ROME AT WAR: An alternate history series  XML
Forum Index » Adventure Corner
Raptor177

Civilized Sporeon

G.U.N. Fortress, an emergency transport pod pointed at the Sporum

It is the year 2114. Rome has never fallen, and as far as the Romans know, Rome will never fall. Throughout millenia the empires of Rome, China, and the Confederation of Peoples have been fighting eternally, and the short peace has ended. All fronts around the world flare up with gunfire, from Holland to Anatolia, from America to Asia. The three superpowers prepare to take their place on the world stage, and the drama is set in blood...

It started in 2113 with the Lutetia Incident. Gaulish and Celtic rebels blew up a Roman government building, and authorities discovered Confederate-built explosives and weapons. The Senate is outraged, yet the Confederation denies any involvement in the attack. Rome sees this as a provocation, and promptly declares yet another war against the Confederation of Peoples. Meanwhile in the east, China prepares its defenses as Roman troops are stationed in the Himalayas, and soon enough the Romans invade the mountains. The war has begun...

Sporepedia

The Himalayan Assault

Crossing the Rhine (BETA)

NOTE: This series is in no way related to the Anno franchise. I could have renamed it to "Annus", but it was too late. So now we're stuck with what could potentially be confusing to others

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 12/28/2013 00:32:34

MobsterMania

Civilized Sporeon

Lol, this sounds like Civilization.

Anyways, I'll play 'em!

Superraptor

Spacefaring Sporeling

Resisting the urge to make a joke about your mother.

Raptor177 wrote:

I could have renamed it to "Annus", but it was too late. So now we're stuck with what could potentially be confusing to others

Teehee

[WWW]
Raptor177

Civilized Sporeon

MobsterMania wrote:Lol, this sounds like Civilization.

Well, the original concept was a sort of "What would a world from something like Civilization look like?", because there's only generic units in those alt-history games, yet there could be much variety and splits from modern tech and aesthetics. In other words, that's what this is about I guess.

Superraptor wrote:
Teehee

I blame Latin.

(You pronounce it differently anyways...)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/28/2013 02:39:35

MobsterMania

Civilized Sporeon

How far are you planning to take this series?

TheLightbulb

Multicellular

Running around singing "POP GOES THE WEASEL!" and forcing all the "Behind you" people to do it to.

Fascinating, the espionage, one's punch for every other person's roundhouse, and the megalomania! OH, the megalomania!!

Experimental armored vehicles, explosives, homing missile technology and programming, and armor piercing drills mounted on fast, explosive-filled kamikaze tanks!! Undermining, secret bases, and oh so many more possibilities. Or perhaps simply a "few" tanks?

Can't wait to see how things turn out!

Come with me, join me, and let me share with you my inspiration, my dreams, that which is born from within my mind! Help me spread life and existence through this world, reminding people of their emotion, to feel, to love, to fear, and experience this world through blessed eyes!

If there is any existential thing I fear in life, it is myself. Nobody can harm me like me, nobody else knows as many of my secrets as me. The self could make itself powerless and be fully conscious of what's about to happen to it.
Raptor177

Civilized Sporeon

MobsterMania wrote:How far are you planning to take this series?

TheLightbulb wrote:Fascinating, the espionage, one's punch for every other person's roundhouse, and the megalomania! OH, the megalomania!!

Experimental armored vehicles, explosives, homing missile technology and programming, and armor piercing drills mounted on fast, explosive-filled kamikaze tanks!! Undermining, secret bases, and oh so many more possibilities. Or perhaps simply a "few" tanks?

Can't wait to see how things turn out!

As much as I can show every warring faction I guess. I won't tell you much, but there's going to be espionage and guerilla warfare in my "Celtic rebel" missions I'm planning, and I hope to finish that one quite soon, because it's top on my list. Until then, Ave Roma!

cardiackid

Spacefaring Sporeling

Alternate history ideas interest me, they remind me of the Multiverse theory. Will play!

[WWW]
Raptor177

Civilized Sporeon

Has anyone tried the adventures yet? It looks like no-one have, but I don't know. Ave Caesar!

MobsterMania

Civilized Sporeon

Raptor177 wrote:Has anyone tried the adventures yet? It looks like no-one have, but I don't know. Ave Caesar!

Uh, I have...

Zandoo

Civilized Sporeon

Excellent. Only problem I had was when the guy I had to protect was always the one in the front and ran right into the middle of the Chinese.

Then the world blew up. The end.

Brickinator

Multicellular

This had better have cyborg war elephants.

kshaw3000

Civilized Sporeon

Interesting. Have the other empires fallen? I would like to see how someone could modernise the Ottomans.
Will probably play theseif I ever find My SPORE disc.

[WWW]
kshaw3000

Civilized Sporeon

Also, it apears the confederation is celtic from what you have stated, why is Scotland and Ireland roman land?
An adventure that explains the capture would be pretty fun though, consider it inspiration.

[WWW]
Raptor177

Civilized Sporeon

kshaw3000 wrote:Also, it apears the confederation is celtic from what you have stated, why is Scotland and Ireland roman land?
An adventure that explains the capture would be pretty fun though, consider it inspiration.
kshaw3000 wrote:Interesting. Have the other empires fallen? I would like to see how someone could modernise the Ottomans.
Will probably play theseif I ever find My SPORE disc.

The story is a little deeper than what is presented, and I might have to explain the story in-depth, a fun way might be through an adventure. As the divergence point is the Roman Empire, there are no ottomans. I HAVE tried making a futuristic Ottoman Empire once as something I did with friends at school, with crescent-star mechas and Janissary bodysuits.

As for the celts, they are a faction of their own, but their relationship with the Confederation is a little complicated. The Confederation is, as its name says, is a confederation of the many peoples Romans condidered to be "Barbarians": Goths, Huns, Saxons, Nords, Scythians, Turks, Mongols, and the like. The two languages are Standard Germanic and Turkic.

Forum Index » Adventure Corner
Go to: