The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Roleplay 2  XML
Forum Index » Spore Roleplay
ne0nus

Spacefaring Sporeling

Since I haven't stayed in a long time, do you really give a ****?

Welcome to the Sequel of the First Successful Rp thread, we would like to thank All participants in our last Rp thread for such a wonderful story and PrinceOfIce who had the Steel to be the first poster of that 100 page Rp thread last time no rules were applied due to no one knew how well accepted the Rp thread would be but it is evident on how well it did on its own in this thread there are a few rules, but they do not limit creativity and innovation in how the Rp thread goes on, they mearly stop disturbances from happening which would take up space
and cause significant confusion among Rp'ers and readers of this Thread. read up familirize yourself and most of all

Have fun.

ALL participants MUST have Common sense when it comes to Anything concerning the Rp..No exceptions

When/if you join you must give a formal introduction including your races/creatures name how you came to be where you are on the world and a little Back story to your race/creature pictures are optional but encouraged.Also state your location,and PM it to the user Darkov.He makes a map.

-- No god-modding-- if you do you will be called out, if you continue to persist you will be ignored for 1-2 pages continue after that and It'll be labeled as Spam and a moderator will be notified of your spam on the thread.

Also,if you want to be a military nation then don't post a cocky comment that makes everyone side against you.

Everyone will start out as a creature no one can Directly be a space faring race/Civ but can be indirectly affected by previous races of their own -- no exceptions..don't like then don't participate

and don't even try the Monolith mess granting you instant space faring abilities..monoliths can give you a decive edge over others but not a massive world dominating effect

To make your creatures a tribe you need to ask permission of one the people in control,and if you get permission say who gave you permission so as to prove you're telling the truth,--

either this or you give a really plausable reason as to how and why your creature gained sentience before everyone else/ faster than normal

You are allowed to steal food from tribes. just make it believable in how you do it...also the Rp'ers tribe who you are stealing from can take appropriate action against you, No freebies

You can Fight an epic,but make it realistic.

If you're a creature you can still interact with a tribe. by yourself or with your herd/pack/pride/flock

Tribe sentience, Numbers and organization > Creatures Nuff said..with exceptions

Creatures can be domesticated if actively pursued by another Rper but must be within reason and mutual agreement between Rp'ers (the Domesticatee/Domesticated)

Underwater creatures/tribes and eventually Civs are allowed

Weapons,and instruments are more effective than most if not all natural abillities

you can choose to have different dwelling habitates from mountain sides to arboreal life, caves even subterranean
but be within reason.

If you're going to be away for some long period of time could you please tell us.

Overview--Setting

The planet we all exist on Is a larger than normal world spanning half the size of an average gas giant consisting of different climates from northern tundras, equatorial Deserts, lush mid hemisphere jungles and forest and four Vast oceans-- their are 3 large continents the largest being the most northern and the other two just south of it.The second has a large mountain chan.The third Continent has 2 Volcanoes, one Massive in size but dormant and overgrown with thick forest the other it medium in size and active, there is also a chain of smaller islands in the Temperate south isolated from the continents except for the largest of the islands which is at times connected to the most southern continent via land bridge-- there are no official names for these Continents or islands..that is completely up to the Rper's..names will vary.Inbetween the second and third continents is a large underwater rift that stops just short of the core. What ever else is on the planet such as Ruins, Craters, monuments of spode is completely up to the Rper in His/Her region
our world has 2 moons whether its lush, volcanic or iceball moon(s) is up to you all, there is also a astroid/debris belt orbiting our world --use you imagination on what that means every now and then.There are also 2 gas giants,and our sun is a white giant.

Here's my creature:The Hivorotin are blind creatures with an amazing sense of what's around them anyway.They are intelligent,but because they can't see they prefer steal eggs rather than kill prey.

Welcome to party.

This message was edited 15 times. Last update was at 01/06/2009 17:15:38

I find what has appeared in the RP forum frightening. Please tell me the other veterans are still here.

Worldbreaker276

Civilized Sporeon

The restaurant at the end of the universe.

OOC: Can I just put my race on another planet...I had a whole story planned out for them to have been empowered by the Strnon with psychic abilities, and given a monolith that they gradually decipher...

ne0nus

Spacefaring Sporeling

OOC:No,we all live on the sam planet.

I find what has appeared in the RP forum frightening. Please tell me the other veterans are still here.

Darkov

Civilized Sporeon

OOC: I will make a pic of the planet map

I am an atheist. I do not believe that there is a scientific need for a god. Science explains things just fine. If you agree, copy-paste this into your sig.
Neruu

Civilized Sporeon

How can one truly know where one is with no proof beyond explination

((OOC: Heres my creature the Sail Back Kartariean, it is a massive solitary creature that is at home in the deserts of planets. It can see but has poor vision but makes up for it in its armor and weapons that consists of armor plated back, spiked ball at end of tail and spikes under head used when charging. Its a very powerful creature. Sail Back Kartariean eat anything that moves.

Hope thats good introduction to my creature))

A young adult sail back Kartariean walks through desert carrying a large bone with meat still hanging on it as it sniffs the air looking for a watering hole.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/09/2008 20:53:27

Worldbreaker276

Civilized Sporeon

OOC: Okay then...

My species, the Auropin, lives on a temperate costal region, congergating around a monolith placed their by the long departed Strnon, it is desigined to not be decipherable without space age technology (and doesn't contain technological secrets, but instructions to the Auropin), but will become a centerpiece of their culture as they are inexplicably drawn to its energy, which has empowered them with weak psychic powers (at this point, limited telepathy, and telekinises of about 30 pounds (max) at 10 yards). Though they are intelligent and organized, the addition of telepathy has actually hindered progression, as it slows development of language.

They are omnivores.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/09/2008 20:57:30

ne0nus

Spacefaring Sporeling

OOC:Very good.Since people are allowed to join in the middle of the roleplay I'll start.

The Hivorotin pack in the mountain chain was farely new,but adapting very quick.They could already climb brilliantly,and knew the terrain very well,but there was currently little food supplys considering they were carnivores,and they would soon have to migrate further down.So the Alpha Hivorotin gathered his pack,and left down the mountain.A very treacherous journey when one is blind.

Anonymous

ne0nus wrote:OOC:Very good.Since people are allowed to join in the middle of the roleplay I'll start.

The Hivorotin pack in the mountain chain was farely new,but adapting very quick.They could already climb brilliantly,and knew the terrain very well,but there was currently little food supplys considering they were carnivores,and they would soon have to migrate further down.So the Alpha Hivorotin gathered his pack,and left down the mountain.A very treacherous journey when one is blind.

Though the Auropin are certainly intelligent, the lack of a language, and a slow rate of birth has prevented them from becoming a tribal species...

As the telepathy of the Auropin is limited to about 5 feet (for direct communication), the group of auropin stayed close together, so that they could remain linked...They could vaugley sense the life of the surrounding plains (50 feet for pinpoint locating, about 250 feet for recognition, and about 1000 feet for general knoledge that somthing was living in that direction), and though they stuck to the area near the cost, they were nearly completely exposed to predators, generally fast moving creatures too heavy to slow down with telekinises, and airborne creatures who attacked by diving. After some time, the group located a patch of trees, and, using their telekinises, knocked fruits off of the branches to eat.

Meanwhile, on the plateu containing the monolith of the Strnon, large groups of Auropin are sustained by a large local supply of edible plants and animals.
Anonymous

OOC: I made the base of your description, but i still need to add stuff (desert, snow, jungle, forest, swamp, i can't remember anymore)
So will i use my imagination, or you will tell me where to add ? If i use my imagination, it will be like i create the planet :O.

(i know its cartoony)
Darkov

Civilized Sporeon

OOC:The Anonymous, is me i forgot to log in lol. Anyway i will be seeing you tommoral.

I am an atheist. I do not believe that there is a scientific need for a god. Science explains things just fine. If you agree, copy-paste this into your sig.
Anonymous

can i join how do i join
marcushall9

Multicellular

Anonymous wrote:can i join how do i join
srry thats was me
ohh here he is
go to spore pedia for more in fo

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 10/09/2008 21:36:17

Worldbreaker276

Civilized Sporeon

OOC: the anonymous (other one) was me (about the Auropin), I guess I made the same mistake...

OOC2: Is it okay if my races psychic abilites are like what they use insted of some tools (when they go tribal), they gradually become more and more powerful (per my story), and most of their tools are designed in mind of their abilities, which are integrated into their society, but often are used in similar ways as tools...

ne0nus

Spacefaring Sporeling

OOC: You certainly can join.Just tell your creature's name a little bit about it,and if possible give us a picture.Yes you can worldbreaker.

As the Hivorotin kept moving they get near the coast of the continent,and sense on a plateau up ahead many creatures all of the same kind.Too risky to attempt to eat,but maybe useful.The alpha Hivorotin walked up to one of these strange bipedal creatures with three of his own kind.He yelped at one to get it's attention,and started singing.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/09/2008 21:24:13

Anonymous

(looks like fun, ill join since I loved the last spore rp )

The Astran:

The Astran have a lengthen mouth on the top of it's body to help eat the different critters that it likes to eat in the forests on the planet, usually found walking in large packs of ten at a time, they hang about in a opening surrounded by the forest. Their parth to sentience is getting there, but they have a long way to go before they can become fully organised.

(OOC: So i guess we start rping now? or do we start somewhere else?)

(OOC2: Also as a idea for it, since this rp has now gotten its own section of the forum, woudnt it be good to have three different rp areas to represent the three continents?)

Forum Index » Spore Roleplay
Go to: