The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

The ultimate graphics fix topic! Oooooh, shiiinyyyy!  XML
Forum Index » Spore Help
Cuniculosa

Microbe

Spode be praised, buildings and cars actually look interesting now!

I will note that when I tried it on high settings I got a blank white screen, but once I switched it to medium settings it started working just fine.
[WWW]
LarryBarryPerry1

MouthBreather

I can't remember if my Spore is bland or not because I might want this.

I'm just an avid history nerd and RPer.
K2017

Microbe

My god... it's been over two years since I made this thread and it's still here? (And it's been stickied!) . I didn't know this community was even active anymore, good to see it is . So, anyway, I have no idea what things have changed since I've been gone, I'd appreciate it if someone could bring me up to snuff .

On another note, is this mod still relevant at all? I see through the replies that it has helped a few of you, but that others still have issues. I honestly don't know if I can even fix anything right now because I don't have Spore installed anymore. If enough of you want to see me keep working (researching?..developing? idk) on it, I'll consider reinstalling the game and all that jazz.

Even then, I'm still glad I could make an impact on the community in this way , even if I can't follow up on it .

It HAS been a while hasn't it.
TheKatsos

Civilized Sporeon

There's now an HD graphics fix... Rob knows what it is... I simply cpoy + paste... -_-

Rob55Rod

Spacefaring Sporeling

TheKatsos wrote:There's now an HD graphics fix... Rob knows what it is... I simply cpoy + paste... -_-

That's a separate issue...

K2017 wrote:My god... it's been over two years since I made this thread and it's still here? (And it's been stickied!) . I didn't know this community was even active anymore, good to see it is .

Yeah, it's still here ^-^

K2017 wrote:So, anyway, I have no idea what things have changed since I've been gone, I'd appreciate it if someone could bring me up to snuff .

Uh
Can't help with that overall (ask someone else), but I can say this much: THE MODDING REVOLUTION IS FINALLY HERE. And it's only been one month, yet so many new mods...

K2017 wrote:On another note, is this mod still relevant at all? I see through the replies that it has helped a few of you, but that others still have issues. I honestly don't know if I can even fix anything right now because I don't have Spore installed anymore. If enough of you want to see me keep working (researching?..developing? idk) on it, I'll consider reinstalling the game and all that jazz.

Yes, increasingly relevant as more and more players migrate to new computers and find themselves needing this fix.

K2017 wrote:Even then, I'm still glad I could make an impact on the community in this way , even if I can't follow up on it .

Don't worry. Few make such a massive impact.

Also, I'd like to apologize to you for how rude I was about the whole credit issue back when you and I first posted our respective tweaks. That was wrong of me. I've come to realize how badly I misunderstood the situation and have waited quite a while hoping you'd return so I could apologize at long last. So, I am sorry for that.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/03/2016 21:41:04

Sharples65

GalacticGod

-bug

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/23/2017 22:05:03

[WWW]
dounttron

Civilized Sporeon

Mount Evil, Killdeath Island, Antarctica.

I'm bumping this because I keep having to show it to people.

TRUE SPOREANS NEVER DIE | The Community's Choice Features Thread | ККААААК
Rob55Rod

Spacefaring Sporeling

dounttron wrote:I'm bumping this because I keep having to show it to people.

Yes, because obviously the fact that it's a sticky isn't enough ._.

MobsterMania

Spacefaring Sporeling

Wasting his life. Youth is sure wasted on the young.

Maybe it's for the folks that just look at the Recent Topics list...

[WWW]
Rob55Rod

Spacefaring Sporeling

MobsterMania wrote:Maybe it's for the folks that just look at the Recent Topics list...

...and this is the part where I facedesk over the fact that I forgot that thing even existed.

Young420fresh

MouthBreather

A cop pulled me over and told me "Papers", so I said "Scissors, I win!" and drove off.

Rob55Rod wrote:
dounttron wrote:I'm bumping this because I keep having to show it to people.

Yes, because obviously the fact that it's a sticky isn't enough ._.

Owned! Gj Rob!

[WWW]
Galactus_Pie

Spacefaring Sporeling

Rob55Rod wrote:
SissyGamer wrote:this works well

installed it a few months ago and i noticed a difference with shiny water, not pixelated shadows, and a lot more

thank you

If you want to go a step further, try the 4096x procedural texture res tweak. I'll see if I can dig it up and post it here...

EDIT:
Add this to Properties.txt:

and add this to ConfigManager.txt:

Stupid question(s):
1: Why is a part of the Config edit in Russian
2: Do I just add these to the bottom of the code in config/prop?

Just being cautious.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/28/2017 10:28:03

Rob55Rod

Spacefaring Sporeling

Galactus_Pie wrote:Why is a part of the Config edit in Russian

The comments are in Russian because the tweak was discovered by someone whose first language is Russian, and then I didn't bother to (Google) translate the comments.

Galactus_Pie wrote:2: Do I just add these to the bottom of the code in config/prop?

Yeah, one goes to Properties.txt, the other to ConfigManager.txt

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/03/2017 11:40:25

Dapnik2

Microbe

Hi,

I used this fix and it fixed all of my graphics problems except those for with my buildings. My creatures look great, my spaceships look great, and the planets look great, but the building textures in-game still look very blurry. This is one of my buildings in the editor vs. in game:

Does anyone have any suggestions for what else to do? I've also tried "highrestexturelevel high" but that didn't seem to change anything.
zolo1243

MouthBreather

Riding a blackstar with Klayton and Bret while eating Fun Dip

The 4096 texture resolution can cause random crashes even on monstrous PCs. I don't recommend using it over the 2048 res as it's pretty annoying.

zolo1243 is female.

Forum Index » Spore Help
Go to: