The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

Adventure Point Scoring Updated!  XML
Forum Index » Spore Galactic Adventures
debuggerer

Microbe

DynamiteDude3 wrote: On the topic of Quality adventures, we could make them a whole lot better if we could somehow add CUTSCENES.

I TOTALLY AGREE!!! CUTSCENES HAVE MY VOTE!!! i would like it if we could somehow lengthen quests more than they already are.... that would help ALOT.
[Yahoo!]
romgutten

Microbe

Maybe Maxis shuld try to make the points off only something like how many losses it is compared to wictories? Like if an adventure is played x times and has been won 100% of the plays, it will be worth 0 points, or if it is played y times and won 0% of the plays it will be worth 100 points?
Because it is many short and hard adventures, and many long and easy ones. I think it would been the best and simplest way to do it.
PS: Here is one of mine adventures: http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-500561429630 Please play, rate and comment. (Sorry it's norvegian, but I think you will ounderstand what to do).
PPS: Here is my sporecast. Please subscribeit. http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=ssc-500607004978
PPPS: It is many "very hard" adventures that's giving few points. (Just look at my adventure, very hard and worth 15 points). Do you think that's the way it shuld be done? I don't think so. But I trust Maxis. I think that they'll continue to upgrade Spore until it is almost perfect.
PPPPS: PLEASE SUBSCRIBE! I really need some subs. So thanks if you do it. Please add me as buddy, too.
Ringeltree

Civilized Sporeon

romgutten wrote:Maybe Maxis shuld try to make the points off only something like how many losses it is compared to wictories? Like if an adventure is played x times and has been won 100% of the plays, it will be worth 0 points, or if it is played y times and won 0% of the plays it will be worth 100 points?
Because it is many short and hard adventures, and many long and easy ones. I think it would been the best and simplest way to do it.

This is already how it is done, except that the minimum is 5 points. This doesn't kick in until you reach 20 plays though. Adventures are worth 15 points until then (unless they are completed too quickly).

Whenever you use an outdated meme, God kills a kitten.
[WWW]
Ketzulo

Microbe

I made a somewhat quality adventure, I think, and it only gives 15 points. You befriend the planets captain, look around the city, look around the battlefield of the enemy invasion, Kill a lot of monsters, then kill a certain type of "Weapon" that takes a while to kill... I'm sure it'd be more than 15 at least. Not many people I know have completed it either
Ringeltree

Civilized Sporeon

*clunk* Head hits keyboard.

Whenever you use an outdated meme, God kills a kitten.
[WWW]
Slyth33

GalacticGod

Ringeltree wrote:*clunk* Head hits keyboard.

I see your face has missed your palm

spuke

Civilized Sporeon

I hate this new point system!I have short adventures that are quality! Give us the old system back!

I apologize for what i have done
Loycifer

Microbe

My adventure is taking people 50 minutes to complete... and all they get is 15 points. And then that'll probably go down once it reaches 20 plays since no one is losing haha... can't there be bonus points for maxed out complexity meters and frikin' long gametime? I feel bad making people play a looong game for just 15 points...
Zaragorne

Civilized Sporeon

Hey MC, I have this great idea for a GA update.

What if when you release one adventure, inside the same adventure, you can release, "Easy Mode", meaning you place down powerups in battle areas to make it easier. But these powerups only appear if they choose easy mode.

RoastieToast

Microbe

As a mathematician, I feel that the score for winning an adventure should logically be

(Spore points)=C*(average probability of winning)*(average time spend playing adventure before completion/death)+K/(number of times this adventure has been played)

Where C is the magical spore constant such that 1/C is the average time it should take to get to 10,000 pts

K is a bonus to encourage people to play rarely played adventures. This could be gamed by creating a ton of pointless adventures, but I think it's worth it in terms of encouraging creativity overall.

That way, on average you will earn a certain amount of points/hour, but more if you're better/faster, less if you're bad at Spore. This way doesn't punish long adventures (because they'd be worth more points) or reward short "easy point" adventures.

One way could game this by having an adventure where you stand around for like 3 hours, so maybe instead of (average time to complete), it could be (average time in which the player is actually playing).

Also, 20 is far TOO MANY plays before an adventure has a score. I am a moderately involved Spore player and only have 20 subscribers, which means every single one of my subscribers would have to play every one of my adventures before they would be rated. If anything, spore points should start out at 100 and go down to encourage people to play unplayed adventures.
InsaniChan

Multicellular

RoastieToast wrote:As a mathematician, I feel that the score for winning an adventure should logically be

(Spore points)=C*(average probability of winning)*(average time spend playing adventure before completion/death)+K/(number of times this adventure has been played)

Where C is the magical spore constant such that 1/C is the average time it should take to get to 10,000 pts

K is a bonus to encourage people to play rarely played adventures. This could be gamed by creating a ton of pointless adventures, but I think it's worth it in terms of encouraging creativity overall.

That way, on average you will earn a certain amount of points/hour, but more if you're better/faster, less if you're bad at Spore. This way doesn't punish long adventures (because they'd be worth more points) or reward short "easy point" adventures.

One way could game this by having an adventure where you stand around for like 3 hours, so maybe instead of (average time to complete), it could be (average time in which the player is actually playing).

Also, 20 is far TOO MANY plays before an adventure has a score. I am a moderately involved Spore player and only have 20 subscribers, which means every single one of my subscribers would have to play every one of my adventures before they would be rated. If anything, spore points should start out at 100 and go down to encourage people to play unplayed adventures.

Bump. I agree.

Low point values make some adventures not worth it, and I'm pretty sure most people would rather ignore a 15 point adventure that's really good so that they can play an 80 point adventure that's average.

Snerus

Civilized Sporeon

Look at your man, then back at me, then back to your man, now look at me, I'm on a horse!

Yay!

warmslime wrote:
sporemasterblackbird wrote:
*Snip*
Now I'll wait for someone to tell me how mean I am.

This is called flame baiting. Reported.
Have a nice day!
[WWW]
MisterTurtle

Spacefaring Sporeling

In your pants. Whether you like it or not.

My reaction to this thread:

IsPaRi

Microbe

Sitting......waiting for a comment.......

I don't understand scoring for adventures at all.

2010 Contest! Yesh!
MarioBabyLuigi

Multicellular

I find the method of earning points for leveling up my captain tedious. Besides, I don't feel like searching for good adventures swarmed out by bad ones.

Forum Index » Spore Galactic Adventures
Go to: