The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Spore on Windows 8  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
sporemasterblackbird

Spore Master

Who wants to be enterprising?

For those of you living under rocks, a dev version of Windows 8 has been available for download and testing for a while now.

[Email]
psherman

Spacefaring Sporeling

Cool. I'll stick with reliable 7 thanks.

ashkelon

GalacticGod

I'll be putting it on my ink-dependent slates for testing, but I don't run much game software on them, just commercial apps.

Windows 8 has awesome support changes for ink and and I like (at first blush) the lack of a start menu.

It's very obvious the intent was to make the transition between the OS, tablets and the small mobile OS's seamless.

I like the return to support for lots of connected peripherals that Windows 7 neglected and 8 integrates.

I'm not sure how deep the changes really are as far as functionality. I know threading support is better natively.

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in, hold you in. MinionJoe, grá mo chroí.
***** Text 'upr8rs R h8rs' to 77673 *****

sporemasterblackbird

Spore Master

ashkelon wrote:It's very obvious the intent was to make the transition between the OS, tablets and the small mobile OS's seamless.

Yes, this is what I thought as well, which is why I'm somewhat leery of it. Nice as it looks, I'm worried that it's going to be a transition OS where most of the benefits will end up in the hands of mobile users and the rest of us will have to wait for Windows 9 to deliver on both sides. I don't have a tablet for testing or I'd give it a go though.

[Email]
psherman

Spacefaring Sporeling

Well, either way, I don't know anythong about it adn don't want to risk it with a new platform that hasn't gotten many positive reviews. And when they officially come out with it (I don't think they have it for desktops Dx) it will probably be overhyped.

sporemasterblackbird

Spore Master

psherman wrote:Well, either way, I don't know anythong about it adn don't want to risk it with a new platform that hasn't gotten many positive reviews. And when they officially come out with it (I don't think they have it for desktops Dx) it will probably be overhyped.

Mah boi:
http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2011/09/hands-on-with-windows-8-a-tablet-operating-system-for-the-pc-age.ars
http://www.howtogeek.com/74089/windows-8-the-gigantic-how-to-geek-screenshot-tour/

First is for people who have tl;dr issues. Second is long.

[Email]
Saltdfrost

Spacefaring Sporeling

Windows 8? I don't feel like installing and loosing EVERYTHING (cause I need my stuff.)

BTW, Is windows Vista Ultimate out of date..?

Saltdfrost is agender.
Pronouns: They. Ex: They are fine. Have you seen them? That's theirs.
[WWW]
psherman

Spacefaring Sporeling

Vista will always be out of date. It is a horrible platfrom and I have nightmares every night about it haunting my laptop.

Slyth33

GalacticGod

In Windows 8, 16 years after the taskbar first hit our computers, we'll finally be able to span the taskbar across multiple screens, without needing third party applications or special drivers.

Saltdfrost

Spacefaring Sporeling

psherman wrote:Vista will always be out of date. It is a horrible platfrom and I have nightmares every night about it haunting my laptop.

I don't seem to have a problem wit it, except firefox gets laggy after a couple of hours..

Nope, still not updating.

Saltdfrost is agender.
[WWW]
Didzo

Spacefaring Sporeling

Saltdfrost wrote:
psherman wrote:Vista will always be out of date. It is a horrible platfrom and I have nightmares every night about it haunting my laptop.

I don't seem to have a problem wit it, except firefox gets laggy after a couple of hours..

You should look into downloading more RAM one of these days.

Or maybe restarting Firefox every know and then.

~Illegitimis nil carborundum~

~Signature by G3NJI~----------------------------------------------------------The Ego has fed...
Dynasty2011

Civilized Sporeon

join my new forum,the link is in my sig and also join nick80's forum which is in his sig

cool ,it is good?

Join ma forum http://dynasty-posters.freeforums.biz
please look at this link
please click these egg below ,otherwise they will die!
[url=http://dragcave.net/view/IpePG][img]

][/url] < click this please i want it to hatch it's a poke egg and it clicky

join my new rp (the rise of acroas)
Saltdfrost

Spacefaring Sporeling

Didzo wrote:
Saltdfrost wrote:

I do restart Firefox.

Saltdfrost is agender.
[WWW]
Didzo

Spacefaring Sporeling

Saltdfrost wrote:
Didzo wrote:
Saltdfrost wrote:

I do restart Firefox.

Well, darn... seems like you need to download more RAM then so your computer can run faster and more smoothly. Even my netbook has 8GB RAM.

Here's the link to the site:

http://downloadmoreram.com/

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 09/17/2011 07:00:48

~Illegitimis nil carborundum~

~Signature by G3NJI~----------------------------------------------------------The Ego has fed...
Slyth33

GalacticGod

Didzo wrote:

Well, darn... seems like you need to download more RAM then so your computer can run faster and more smoothly. Even my netbook has 8GB RAM.

Here's the link to the site:

http://downloadmoreram.com/

it works!

I was waiting for it to do something awful but it didn't. Who knew hardware fit through the intertubes?

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: