The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Spore on Origin - Install Issues  XML
Forum Index » Spore Help
0ddysee

Microbe

Hello again. Yes, I know this is my third topic today, but I am having too many issues with this game.

I had finally gotten my copy of Spore onto Origin and downloaded the files before I reached a problem. It won't install(*Horror themed music here*). Here are the details:

-I press "Ready to Install" on My Games(the button is white, whilst the same button for GA is orange).
-For an instant, the InstallShield Wizard Icon shows up on the bottom, with a command console, then disappears.
-Nothing happens.
-I navigate to Origin Games in my program files, and run "SPORESetup" from there.
-Installer opens>Next>Accept Terms of License Agreement>Next.
-Instant Command console/disappear, then Install Wizard closes.

This is the oddest thing that has happened to me since I played Munch's Oddysee(YES, that's where my name is from). Any more suggestions?
[MSN]
psherman

Spacefaring Sporeling

This has happened before, but I don't exactly remember how to fix this. Thry contacting customer support or try the master FAQ. And welcome to the Sporum! As a prize for finding this amazing resource you recieve four stars! The last one you can earn from others.

0ddysee

Microbe

I contacted a live agent, but didn't get a fix. The agent said that my network was blocking the port from EA's servers, and that some files weren't downloading. He said that I had to allow EA's UDP port into my connection. I did it manually, AND tried a different network. Neither worked. So... yea. I am in desperate need of help, as I don't want my $50 to go to waste.
[MSN]
psherman

Spacefaring Sporeling

You spent 50 dollars on Spore???? Waay too much.

0ddysee

Microbe

$20 for Spore, and $30 for Galactic Adventures(which I can't play without Spore).
[MSN]
psherman

Spacefaring Sporeling

Oh. Well do you have the patch?

0ddysee

Microbe

Patches won't install either. They get errors during the setup and force-close.
[MSN]
SporeMasterDOGC_Kyle

Civilized Sporeon

This is a common glitch with Origin, and affects all games (not just Spore). Your only choice is to request a refund from EA (tell them that you are unable to download, and want your money back), and buy the game from a retail store or another download service.

SM DOGC_Kyle // Kyle_Necrowolf

Master Help FAQ | Forum Guidelines
[Email]
0ddysee

Microbe

I contacted an agent, and am awaiting the money to come back into my account(4-5 business days). Is there any company I can contact that has access to move my copy of Spore from Games for Windows to my Steam account? I know it seems unlikely, but could they contact each-other for that?

As an alternate answer, would any certain Amazon copy of Galactic Adventures work with my GFW version of Spore? I have my eyes on this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00486UF1G/ref=twister_dp_update?ie=UTF8&psc=1
[MSN]
SporeMasterDOGC_Kyle

Civilized Sporeon

I don't know if you can transfer games from GFK/XBOX Live to other download services, or if expansions work with them. It should work, but I'm not sure as I don't use GFW/XBOX Live. Check if the game is in the "Electronic Arts" program files directory, if it is, it should work.

SM DOGC_Kyle // Kyle_Necrowolf

Master Help FAQ | Forum Guidelines
[Email]
0ddysee

Microbe

I bought it from that Amazon link I posted and....... IT WORKED! After purchase I had to download an odd file type(which was automatically extracted after it was fully downloaded), installed the game, and it ran(using the new SporeApp.exe, of course). I got my new activation code in the mail, too. So it's great to get GA at 50% off.
[MSN]
ackid

Microbe

Hi,I'm having some problems installing the update,I've downloaded spore onto origin,on a mac,and when i want to install an update there is a progress bar that fills up. once its done, there another two progress bars,one that fills up fast but does it several times, and another one that gets stuck on half way. after that it comes up with something saying"Some files have been modified"and under that in small print it says "please re install",does that mean i need to re-install spore?
It gives me the option view logs,and quit.the option view logs takes me somewhere else where i can save logs.when i save them it takes me back to the page that says view logs and quit,so i press quit,which then takes me back to square 1.
could someone pls help?
Ive been doing it for hours and it froze the computer once.
ackid

Microbe

Also when i do play the game its terrible quality, it is literally impossible to play,and there is this glitchy line in the middle of the screen.Has this got anything to do with me not installing the update?
Sean10M

Spacefaring Sporeling

Perhaps someone else has a better solution but the only one I can think of is to reinstall Spore.

I am a boy, I love nature and I believe in both creation and evolution. If you'd like to ask me anything PM me.
My Spore Page|Click this if you want to make long descriptions|Click to become an adventure creating master

......................................................................]----{SPORE ADVENTURES}----[

-Remake Center-Holo-Dream™-Shops-StarDates♥-The SARDEP-
[WWW]
ackid

Microbe

There is no option to reinstall spore.

Forum Index » Spore Help
Go to: