The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Spore on Origin - Install Issues  XML
Forum Index » Spore Help
0ddysee

Microbe

Hello again. Yes, I know this is my third topic today, but I am having too many issues with this game.

I had finally gotten my copy of Spore onto Origin and downloaded the files before I reached a problem. It won't install(*Horror themed music here*). Here are the details:

-I press "Ready to Install" on My Games(the button is white, whilst the same button for GA is orange).
-For an instant, the InstallShield Wizard Icon shows up on the bottom, with a command console, then disappears.
-Nothing happens.
-I navigate to Origin Games in my program files, and run "SPORESetup" from there.
-Installer opens>Next>Accept Terms of License Agreement>Next.
-Instant Command console/disappear, then Install Wizard closes.

This is the oddest thing that has happened to me since I played Munch's Oddysee(YES, that's where my name is from). Any more suggestions?
[MSN]
psherman

Spacefaring Sporeling

This has happened before, but I don't exactly remember how to fix this. Thry contacting customer support or try the master FAQ. And welcome to the Sporum! As a prize for finding this amazing resource you recieve four stars! The last one you can earn from others.

0ddysee

Microbe

I contacted a live agent, but didn't get a fix. The agent said that my network was blocking the port from EA's servers, and that some files weren't downloading. He said that I had to allow EA's UDP port into my connection. I did it manually, AND tried a different network. Neither worked. So... yea. I am in desperate need of help, as I don't want my $50 to go to waste.
[MSN]
psherman

Spacefaring Sporeling

You spent 50 dollars on Spore???? Waay too much.

0ddysee

Microbe

$20 for Spore, and $30 for Galactic Adventures(which I can't play without Spore).
[MSN]
psherman

Spacefaring Sporeling

Oh. Well do you have the patch?

0ddysee

Microbe

Patches won't install either. They get errors during the setup and force-close.
[MSN]
SporeMasterDOGC_Kyle

Civilized Sporeon

The Galaxy of NullPointerExceptions, AKA here

This is a common glitch with Origin, and affects all games (not just Spore). Your only choice is to request a refund from EA (tell them that you are unable to download, and want your money back), and buy the game from a retail store or another download service.

[Email]
0ddysee

Microbe

I contacted an agent, and am awaiting the money to come back into my account(4-5 business days). Is there any company I can contact that has access to move my copy of Spore from Games for Windows to my Steam account? I know it seems unlikely, but could they contact each-other for that?

As an alternate answer, would any certain Amazon copy of Galactic Adventures work with my GFW version of Spore? I have my eyes on this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00486UF1G/ref=twister_dp_update?ie=UTF8&psc=1
[MSN]
SporeMasterDOGC_Kyle

Civilized Sporeon

The Galaxy of NullPointerExceptions, AKA here

I don't know if you can transfer games from GFK/XBOX Live to other download services, or if expansions work with them. It should work, but I'm not sure as I don't use GFW/XBOX Live. Check if the game is in the "Electronic Arts" program files directory, if it is, it should work.

[Email]
0ddysee

Microbe

I bought it from that Amazon link I posted and....... IT WORKED! After purchase I had to download an odd file type(which was automatically extracted after it was fully downloaded), installed the game, and it ran(using the new SporeApp.exe, of course). I got my new activation code in the mail, too. So it's great to get GA at 50% off.
[MSN]

Forum Index » Spore Help
Go to: