The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
[Need Help!] Spore patches are not working and creepy & cute won't install!  XML
Forum Index » Spore Help
bjpiers

Multicellular

Hello,

I have had Spore for a while but I got bored with it and stopped playing for like a year.

Now though, I want to come back. So far this game is really upsetting me because:

1. When I tried to install Spore on my some-what new laptop, it asked for my retail key, but stupid me lost the book which had the key on it!

2. Since I had a lot of exra money and Spore was cheap on Amazon.com, I bought ANOTHER copy of Spore since I lost my retail key.

3. The game refused to patch at first but when it did, it patched twice and then when I started it, none of the patches worked.

4. I tried to install Creepy & Cute parts pack; it said it installed successfully, so I launched Spore only to find that creepy & cute parts pack was NOT installed like it should have been.

5. I went to EA to download Galactic Adventures since I had already bought it from EA a while ago but; when I looked at my EA games list, it said GA was not there, basically I have to buy it again even though I own it!

6. Decided to play some Spore even though I could not get any of my expansions/patches to work, but then I noticed that over half of my creations where GONE!

What the heck!? Why can't I just play!?

And why do I have to buy GA AGAIN!? I ALREADY OWN IT!!!!

I'm very upset right now

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 08/19/2011 16:05:57

"The bear and Carl lived together in the cave for several years until, one day, the true savagery of Nature being unleashed, Carl killed and ate him." - Gary Larson, the Far Side
pester555

MouthBreather

bjpiers wrote:Hello,

I have had Spore for a while but I got bored with it and stopped playing for like a year.

Now though, I want to come back. So far this game is really upsetting me because:

1. When I tried to install Spore on my some-what new laptop, it asked for my retail key, but stupid me lost the book which had the key on it!

2. Since I had a lot of exra money and Spore was cheap on Amazon.com, I bought ANOTHER copy of Spore since I lost my retail key.

3. The game refused to patch at first but when it did, it patched twice and then when I started it, none of the patches worked.

4. I tried to install Creepy & Cute parts pack; it said it installed successfully, so I launched Spore only to find that creepy & cute parts pack was NOT installed like it should have been.

5. I went to EA to download Galactic Adventures since I had already bought it from EA a while ago but; when I looked at my EA games list, it said GA was not there, basically I have to buy it again even though I own it!

6. Decided to play some Spore even though I could not get any of my expansions/patches to work, but then I noticed that over half of my creations where GONE!

What the heck!? Why can't I just play!?

And why do I have to buy GA AGAIN!? I ALREADY OWN IT!!!!

(I'm very upset right now :cry

First off I'll start with patches. You have to re-install patches after you install C&C and GA, and install C&C after GA. It goes in an order. Spore-GA-C&C-Patches

Now, with the creations deleted problem, which is the only other one I see, it happens to a lot of people, including me. It's sad, yet true, with no fix but hand-downloading them. Really sorry.

The title of this got mixed up. It really was supposed to be Pester555.
bjpiers

Multicellular

Yes but what about the fact that I already own a LEGIT copy of GA but EA won't let me download it?

I'm runing out of money here, I can't keep buying stuff I already own!

"The bear and Carl lived together in the cave for several years until, one day, the true savagery of Nature being unleashed, Carl killed and ate him." - Gary Larson, the Far Side
pester555

MouthBreather

bjpiers wrote:Yes but what about the fact that I already own a LEGIT copy of GA but EA won't let me download it?

I'm runing out of money here, I can't keep buying stuff I already own!

Did you open the thing that said Galactic Adventures when starting the game instead of regular Spore?

SporeMasterSlyth33

Civilized Sporeon

You can contact EA about the CD key issue, there's no reason to buy another copy generally. GA also has a CD key which you should keep track of, that way you can reactivate it on Origin should you lose the cd/install.

GA also has its own shortcut and icon separate from the ols spore one. If you launch Spore from the blue icon/old shortcut GA will not launch. You need to utilize the new orange icon shortcut.

If the deleted creations have been uploaded you can re-download them from the sporepedia, if they were on your machine and got wiped there's not much you can do other than keep a backup in the future.

pester555

MouthBreather

SporeMasterSlyth33 wrote:You can contact EA about the CD key issue, there's no reason to buy another copy generally. GA also has a CD key which you should keep track of, that way you can reactivate it on Origin should you lose the cd/install.

GA also has its own shortcut and icon separate from the ols spore one. If you launch Spore from the blue icon/old shortcut GA will not launch. You need to utilize the new orange icon shortcut.

If the deleted creations have been uploaded you can re-download them from the sporepedia, if they were on your machine and got wiped there's not much you can do other than keep a backup in the future.

At spore.com of course

bjpiers

Multicellular

Ok,

I just tired to patch Spore after installing Creepy & Cute parts pack but the patching got stuck on 1%....

I let it run for a long time and it was still stuck on 1%!

bjpiers

Multicellular

UPDATE:

Spore finally managed to download the patch but RIGHT before the patch could install, a window popped up saying my game was already up-to date but this was not true because when I started Spore again, I still didn't have Creepy and Cute and I didn't have the latest patch eaither.

Can someone please help? My game is stuck in an infinite patch, everytime I try to patch it says my game is up-to date but really it's not.

pester555

MouthBreather

bjpiers wrote:UPDATE:

Spore finally managed to download the patch but RIGHT before the patch could install, a window popped up saying my game was already up-to date but this was not true because when I started Spore again, I still didn't have Creepy and Cute and I didn't have the latest patch eaither.

Can someone please help? My game is stuck in an infinite patch, everytime I try to patch it says my game is up-to date but really it's not.

b
You'll need to install your expansions before you install patches. Order to install: Spore-GA-C&C-Bot-Patches

SporeMasterDOGC_Kyle

Civilized Sporeon

The South of the North (Southern Ontario, Canada)

pester555 wrote:

b
You'll need to install your expansions before you install patches. Order to install: Spore-GA-C&C-Bot-Patches

That is the worst possible install order. Did you get confused with the best and worst order?

The proper order is: Spore > C&C > GA > Patch 5.1 (IMPORTANT)(Download from sticky thread, not in-game) > Patch 6 (Bot Parts)(Optional)

SM DOGC_Kyle // Kyle_N
__Volunteer Moderator // Not an EA/Maxis Employee

Forum Guidelines // Master Help FAQ
pester555

MouthBreather

SporeMasterDOGC_Kyle wrote:
pester555 wrote:

b

That is the worst possible install order. Did you get confused with the best and worst order?

The proper order is: Spore > C&C > GA > Patch 5.1 (IMPORTANT)(Download from sticky thread, not in-game) > Patch 6 (Bot Parts)(Optional)

Oops. LOL sorry. Yeah I got mixed up. I'm making a help thread in General Discussion so my brain is not 100% on for help threads right now.

Mattie1304

Microbe

Oh. I have GA, but not C&C. Will I have to install GA after I install C&C? Because GA took so long to install.

Forum Index » Spore Help
Go to: