The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

The Ev-El' Ot Club || A fresh idea  XML
Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
andrew_6595

Spacefaring Sporeling

Table Of Contents
-(0 is the OP)
-The entries are clicky.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0. Preamble

1. Guides

2. Threads

3. Members

4. Awards

5. Xenoplanet Adventures

6. Sponsors

7. Misc

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.: Preamble :.

Welcome to the Ev-El' Ot.

This is a group dedicated to the Creation, Participation, and Sponsorship of Evolution style sporum create-offs. Here in this thread, there will be a listing of all current active Ev-El' Ot threads and members to the group.

This message was edited 27 times. Last update was at 01/04/2015 08:54:42

andrew_6595

Spacefaring Sporeling

The Ev-El' Ot Codex
There are three forms of Ev-El' Ots: Ev-El' Ok, Ev-El' Oh, and Ev-El' Ot.

.:Ev-El' Ok:.
Ev-El' Oks are a form of template challenge, editing the original, and submitting it to the thread. In editing of the original there are restrictions, in other words no complete overhauls of creations. These restrictions will be determined by the owner of the OP, but some of the more common restrictions would be to try to keep it similar to the original creature (Ancestral Species) and try to stay true to the climate of the planet. Each generation of the Ancestral Species posterity will change slightly enough that you will have an interesting Evolutionary tree on your hands. This tree will begin to look massive and complex after a while and some species will not be as adept as surviving as others, here is where extinction comes into play.

Extinction:
The OP owner will have set up several climates and regulations to how creatures will live on their planet, that individuals will more than likely interpret differently. All creations will be excepted, but those creations that do not fit the planet best will go extinct at the end of the round

Ev-El' Oks in a sense is another form of a template challenge but instead of just changing the template you will be able to edit the template( or as I call it the Ancestral Species) and the edits of the Ancestral Species, and all their posterity(the young they produced and so on) to a point that you have a very complex Evolutionary tree.
Now you must choose a First, Second, Third, and so on place. Those that are not in the first three or four places will go extinct after three edits and last place just goes extinct. Third and up places will be editable for a good while allowing for many branches from this species.
In this version as you have noticed you will only evolve creatures and could last a long time but there is a next step in which the ultimate is achieved, Sentience!

.:Ev-El' Oh:.
As you know Ev-El' Ohs are just an extension to an Ev-El' Ok but here you will achieve sentience.
To start off you must hold an Ev-El' Ok for about a month to get a good evolutionary tree started . Once it has been a month look at your tree and determine which species will make a good sentient and tell the creators to work on those, but tell them they must submit so many creatures first before they can make a sentient. But the regular Ev-El' Ok can still be going on.
A requirement though to the thread creator and editors themselves must have Galactic adventures. Why, you ask, well it is apart of the sentient succession process. the adventure will be a test of intelligence and of ability in the creature. Each player with a sentient being must participate in the adventure and the ones with the top ten spots will win and go onto the next adventure and the on with the highest position will win, and that sentient will be the sentient on the planet.

.:Ev-El' Ot:.
This is the final step which will extend Ev-El' Oh even further.
In this step you will have contest on many different things. First off you and the creators must come up with a culture for the sentient species. Now off their culture you must have a contest to dress the species, and give them a set of vehicles, and buildings. Next you must make a Xenoplanet or something similar that you made up this adventure must tell more about the species culture and life of the planet and in this you may have adventure contests and prop contests and after that ends the Ev-El' Ot is over.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 10/07/2013 05:43:51

andrew_6595

Spacefaring Sporeling

Active

Altaius Ev-El' Ot

(none)

(none)

Finnished

Pentivius Ev-El' Ot

Noorkon Ev-El' Ot - Recieved Awards: First Foreign Ev-El' Ot

Qriliatide Ev-El' Ot

Ifedrerer Ev-El' Ot - Recieved Awards: Qualtiy Award

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at 08/28/2012 21:22:45

andrew_6595

Spacefaring Sporeling

Founder:
andrew_6595

***Councils have been closed***

Award Council:
- andrew_6595
- Jax181
-
-
-
-
-

Charter Board:
- Jax181
-
-

Adventure Council:
- Jax181
-
-
-
-

Sentient Council:
- Jax181
-
-

RubbishyUsername
Cosmo98
Jax181
Cobra6099
pwurman
lukeking4564
gexsiun
jordianDX-1
KnoReignSupreme
Apollo9898
DragonKal

This message was edited 17 times. Last update was at 08/28/2012 21:23:28

andrew_6595

Spacefaring Sporeling

***Awards are closed***

-This award is only given to those who have meet the qualifications of an Ev-El' Ot and have gone far above. Truely this is a marvelous award to see posted in your thread, it is of high honor to you.

Recipients:
-Jax181, Ifedrerer Ev-El' Ot

-Only one was given, as obvious, and this is of great gratitude from Ev-El' Ot

Recipient:
- cosmo98, Noorkon Ev-El' Ot

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 08/28/2012 21:24:05

andrew_6595

Spacefaring Sporeling

.:Xenoplanet Adventures:.

Xenoplanets Home page
XenoPlanets Review Thread

When you create a Xenoplanets for your Ev-El' Ot I will post it here, and hopefully it will get tons of attention thanks to this!!!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 09/08/2011 13:42:55

andrew_6595

Spacefaring Sporeling

Sponsors of the Ev-El' Ot, visit them.

Neon Enterprises
Neon Enterprises is a Free-style club created by cbfstudios! It has Monthly features, Contest's, a point and rank system, an entire archive built for creations and much more! Check it out today!

Evo-Television

To Support us copy this into your sig:

This message was edited 10 times. Last update was at 10/29/2011 17:10:06

andrew_6595

Spacefaring Sporeling

***Closed Post****

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 08/28/2012 21:24:42

pwurman

Civilized Sporeon

Ooh, I like the new set-up.

But the third post I think should have the same banners for Ev-El'Ok, Ev-El'Oh, and Ev-El'Ot as post two. That way it's a little easier to understand.

Who made the banners, btw?

EDOT: Wait, we can post, right?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/14/2011 14:27:21

lukeking4564

Civilized Sporeon

London, land of monsters, Mechas and Magick...apparently

Epic new thread Andrew!

I may make one of these threads if I have time, I'm thinking an Iron style world. However I have a question, can I make it so the Players can edit more than one race? (ie. An aquatic one, an arboreal one and a sky dwelling one)
If this is not okay then I will still make one when I have time.

Also, can I have one of those Awesome Sigs for members, seeing that I joined?

sig by N1NJ4X
[/url]
Yes,I'm an Atheist,So what?*Send in the Clowns*My Sporepage*The Terran Rps wiki

dragockon

Spacefaring Sporeling

Nice. I might join this. Whozer thread.

[WWW]
lukeking4564

Civilized Sporeon

London, land of monsters, Mechas and Magick...apparently

Nice to have more members for this

sig by N1NJ4X
[/url]
Yes,I'm an Atheist,So what?*Send in the Clowns*My Sporepage*The Terran Rps wiki

dragockon

Spacefaring Sporeling

Indeed it is my freind.
I idmite I'm not much of an Evolution person but. Hey that does not mean I can’t join for fun. Right?

Hopefuly more people join. This sound very fun.

[WWW]
andrew_6595

Spacefaring Sporeling

Yes I'm hopiong more people join as well i will work on making all of you member tags.
dragockon

Spacefaring Sporeling

Thank you. I am going to join jax's Ev-El Contest to make sure I understand how to do this.

[WWW]

Forum Index » Spore Community Showcase
Go to: