The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Can't get Spore to work on Windows 7?  XML
Forum Index » Spore Help
EvilCreator7141

Microbe

Well we got a new computer a month ago with Windows 7 and I've tried to install Spore but it didn't do anything the first few days I messed around with it. But finally I got it to install, then after it finished installing it just disappeared and acted like I never installed it. Now it doesn't want to try or do anything again? Is there a way I can fix it? Thanks in advance

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/07/2011 12:41:07

<>In my opinion<>
Coca-Cola is Good
Clint Eastwood Movies are Awesome
And Hunting Is AMAZING!
Christian454

Multicellular

Sounds like you may have reached the limit to amount of times you can install Spore (pretty sure it's 3). Sorry to have to say this, but I think you have to purchase another copy of Spore. It can be installed onto Windows 7, btw.

@sporemasterblackbird: Good to know, I'll remember that it's 5..

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/07/2011 15:54:00

sporemasterblackbird

Spore Master

The installation limit is 5, not 3.

Have you checked your C drive and program files folder? It may have simply installed without creating shortcuts. Does it start when you place the disc in the drive?

[Email]
EvilCreator7141

Microbe

Well I technically only installed it twice. Once on my old PC and on this one. I don't know where you got three from. It just freezes up my computer for a few minutes then doesn't do anything after I press install or play from media. I know it can be installed and played on Windows 7 thats why I don't get what's wrong with it. But any other ideas? Thanks.

And no, when I installed it it showed some files were downloaded but it didn't start or do anything for me after it "installed"

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/07/2011 21:23:20

<>In my opinion<>
Coca-Cola is Good
And Hunting Is AMAZING!
sporemasterblackbird

Spore Master

Have you tried running it with administrator privileges or in compatibility mode?

[Email]
EvilCreator7141

Microbe

How do you do it in compatibility mode?

<>In my opinion<>
Coca-Cola is Good
And Hunting Is AMAZING!
sporemasterblackbird

Spore Master

Right-click the .exe for Spore and select Properties. There is a tab for Compatibility.

[Email]
EvilCreator7141

Microbe

When I right click on the icon for spore in My Computer, I don't know if thats the same concept as you were meaning, sorry I'm not to good with all this stuff, and press properties all the tabs are just : General, Hardware, Sharing, Customize, and Recording.

<>In my opinion<>
Coca-Cola is Good
And Hunting Is AMAZING!
sporemasterblackbird

Spore Master

You need to find the Sporeapp.exe file, which will be somewhere in Program Files in the Spore installation folder.

[Email]
EvilCreator7141

Microbe

Okay thanks, I'm still looking for it though lol

<>In my opinion<>
Coca-Cola is Good
And Hunting Is AMAZING!
EvilCreator7141

Microbe

sporemasterblackbird, I found it, but it asks which Windows to run it under, like for example Windows Xp or Vista (service pack 1), and all the others, but obviously not Windows 7 since it wasn't made when that was out. So which one do I put it under?

<>In my opinion<>
Coca-Cola is Good
And Hunting Is AMAZING!
sporemasterblackbird

Spore Master

You might try Vista with the latest service pack. I'm not really sure.

[Email]
EvilCreator7141

Microbe

Okay thanks a lot! Well it's installing in compatibility mode now with the Windows Vista (server pack 2)

<>In my opinion<>
Coca-Cola is Good
And Hunting Is AMAZING!
EvilCreator7141

Microbe

It installed, but it's doing the same thing as last time. Any ideas what I should do now to get it to work?

EDIT: Thanks for everything SporeMasterBlackBird! You helped me out a ton! Its working great now!

Ehh nevermind to that last edit. It installed then acted stupid again. I got off for a while then went back on and it worked, but it said I have to update my video card. I hate this computer. But anyway then I got off and all signs of the spore icon on the Start bar was gone, I went to My Computer and it didn't let me anywhere from that. So I don't know.

Oh and if you have any idea how I can update my video card that'd be great. I don't get why it'd run bad for this computer when sims 3 runs fine on it?

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 06/08/2011 11:54:23

<>In my opinion<>
Coca-Cola is Good
And Hunting Is AMAZING!

Forum Index » Spore Help
Go to: