The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
What new parts would you like to see in a Parts pack?  XML
Forum Index » Spore Feedback
ThrowerOfStones

Multicellular

Much has been afoot recently about a rumored parts pack named various variations on Cute and Creepy and the like. Many seem upset about an expansion that would be just a parts pack, but putting that aside for the moment, what sort of parts would you like to see? There are definitely some gaps in Spore, so what sort of physical parts would most excite you if they were included, even if you don't like the idea of a parts pack to begin with?

Personally, I would really like to see mammalian carnivore mouths. Bears, canines, felines, and mustelids I think would make a nice row. Although many of these eat various amounts of plant matter, they are all primarily meat eaters - plus they make up the family , after all, so they really would have to be carnivores, I think.

Filter feeding mouths would be cool too. Things like anteaters, aardvarks, armadillos, and baleen whales. The main issue with these is, of course, that they might require whole new mechanics to work... so perhaps for a more content heavy expansion.

Chameleon eyes would be neat, but I don't really know what other sorts of eyes would be added with them. The eyes as they are are kind of repetitive, with lots of similar choices.

Finally, they should have tentacle graspers. We can already basically make tentacles, even if they rarely move well, but there is no way to make a tentacle grasper right now. Just a few simple hands that are basically the ends of tentacles that could wrap around stuff would be all we would need. Like, maybe one that was the end of an octopus arm without suckers, one that is an octopus arm with suckers, one that was the end of a squid tentacle (the longer ones that end in diamond shaped graspers), and maybe something like a squid tentacle with a claw at the tip of the diamond.

Anyone else have any ideas for cool part additions?

One final reminder - if you hate part packs, don't bring it up here. There are plenty of other places to complain. This is for brain-storming new parts only.

Non-creature parts welcome, too, of course.

shanweeboy

MouthBreather

id like grox parts added

Ima Spore God www.theincompletes.com
go there now!
unclecaveman

Multicellular

I want things like hoods for cobras and lizards. Something that lies flat most of the time, but sort of frills up when you get in a fight or something. Also, along those lines, add mouths with fangs and the ability to have a poisonous bite, instead of just spitting poison.

Also, more leg types and the ability to actually manipulate them in the vehicle editor.

Umm... maybe allow for floating creatures without using a glitch. Those glitch creatures move so weirdly... maybe allow something like methane sacks or a mild telekinesis to float.

The ability to make realistic snakes would be nice. Snakes don't move like inchworms, they sort of move in S shapes. Presently, that's not possible in the game.

Oh, I forgot to add MORE CLOTHING PARTS PLEASE KTHANXBYE

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/05/2008 01:41:06

May the Brambler Empire bring peace to the galaxy... as long as the Oston Empire doesn't buy it first.

Claudio, Ambellina, Jesse, The Writing Writer, Mayo Deftinwolf
shanweeboy

MouthBreather

me want ablity to craft the bones in skeliton to allow fine-tunin of a creature's apperance

go there now!
earthbounder64

Multicellular

NONONONONO!

PLEASE don't encourage them to go the route of The Sims 2 and start making "stuff packs"!
[Email]
shanweeboy

MouthBreather

stuff paks? they honestly named them stuff paks?? i cant beleave ppl actualy bought those!!!

go there now!
unclecaveman

Multicellular

earthbounder64 wrote:NONONONONO!

PLEASE don't encourage them to go the route of The Sims 2 and start making "stuff packs"!
He already said take that to another thread. Please do so.

We already know they are making a part pack, it's pretty much confirmed at this point, but we are brainstorming on what could be in it. That's all.

May the Brambler Empire bring peace to the galaxy... as long as the Oston Empire doesn't buy it first.

DarwinTheory

Microbe

Did you read any of the first post?

I'd like to see actual tenteculs, half of the mouths are bird mouths so more
insect mouths would be nice. Better eyes, I only like 4 of them. A "head" option
that lets you place a "Head" blob on a part of the body would be neat.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/05/2008 01:51:01

"All that there is... always has been"
-Sergey the Rodarian philosopher
IrishBandit

MouthBreather

DarwinTheory wrote:

insect mouths would be nice. Better eyes, I only like 4 of them. A "head" option

That'd be cool

I think there should be like a special human mouth in place of one of the ape ones that you can manipulate the skull, or just add the entire skeleton to manipulate like in the 2005 version where it showed the ribs.

Visit Dublunia!
Population|
[WWW] [Yahoo!]
Ryuujin

Civilized Sporeon

I can only honestly think of 3 things that can't already be done that I find myself ever running into:

Fluff: Like, little placeable tufts to give the illusion of fur. Though a dev said they may be able to implement actual fur effects likeyou see in black and white in future based on stuff that was in the prototype.

Cleft lipped mouth: Basiclly a mouthpiece with a gap instead of a philtrum (sp) and blulbous upper lip; basiclly like you see in most felines, canines etc. It's near impossible to construct a working one out of parts that looks any good

Blob'o'flesh: Turning parts like noses inside out is great for building up facial structures, but the backs of them are flat textured; some kind of purpose-made "blob of flesh" which picked up the texturemapping would be nice.

But 3 parts do not make an expansion pack

like in the 2005 version where it showed the ribs.

Argh, people keep citing the ribs. The ribs were just a visual cue. The mouse wheel controls the same function as the ribs did in 2005, theres just no longer a rib graphic applied, instead it simply scales the meat.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/05/2008 01:55:05

IrishBandit

MouthBreather

I know the ribs were just visual, but I was just saying an example.(Also the ribs looked cool )
I mean like, you mouse over ams, it shows bones for easier manipulation and more advanced.

Visit Dublunia!
Population|
[WWW] [Yahoo!]
shanweeboy

MouthBreather

DarwinTheory wrote:

u can make heads...just click on the vertibrae at the top of the body of ur creatre and press the up key on ur keyboard to faten it into a head part

go there now!
IrishBandit

MouthBreather

I think the head would work if it was like a human head, with a manipulative skull.

Visit Dublunia!
Population|
[WWW] [Yahoo!]
RedLightning777

Civilized Sporeon

I want them to fix this game.. BEFORE they release a stupid parts pack.

The castle crumbles from within. Outsiders will not notice till the last of the walls come down.
unclecaveman

Multicellular

Dude, seriously, we already said we don't want that in this thread. This thread is just for brainstorming, okay? Put that other stuff somewhere else.

Forum Index » Spore Feedback
Go to: