The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

Ok, seriously, how do we get rid of the Grox? Brainstorm people!  XML
Forum Index » Spore Hints and Strategy
BBeast

Civilized Sporeon

Terra Australis, which is +11:00 to GMT/UTC.

Patience is a virtue. But so is imagination. Either of these virtues will work, but only one REALLY kills the Grox.

Patience Method: Kill them all. This is slow but it is the only way that works. There are several methods on beating them, which you can mix and match and make your own as you please. You can get allies to do the work (a lazy way, but it keeps you safe until you join the fray (I think))(I'm considering making a Galactic Alliance and getting them to team up and kill the Grox). You can anti-matter bomb the colonies (leaves an awesome crater). You can go to stealth and drop an asteroid or volcano on them (stealthy, great for non cheaters and people who are a bit sensitive to pain). You can terraform them (great for keeping them away). Or you can planet-bust it (fast and awesome, but illegal, expensive and wasteful). Defend your planets with Uber-Turret, full turrets (T-Score 2 full turret colonies and an Uber Turret should hold off most attacks including the Grox's), Bio-Stabiliser and Bio-Protector. Be patient.

Imagination Method: Have some fun! Think of a ridiculous way to kill the Grox. Or think of how you could really kill those nuisances.

GALACTIC CORE SPOILER ALERT

My imaginative way would be to get about 1,000 ships (I did the maths, if there is about twice as many stars outside the centre as there is inside each with 4 planets on average then 1,000 ships with 42 charges (1 per planet) should be plenty) with wormhole keys. Barge your way through to the Core with your massive fleet. Go through the super-massive black-hole one ship at a time. Steve will give 42 charges of the Staff of Life to each ship. Then either go terraform happy with your entire fleet and send all the planets in the Galaxy to T-Score 3 or fire all 42,000 charges at the Core and the entire Galaxy will become T-Score 3 itself.
A real way to do this would be to get a hack that gives you infinite charges of the Staff of Life (there is one, called 42, but I don't remember where it is), get the staff of life and terraform all the planets in the Galaxy, or at least the Grox's.

I am BBeast, who is a male. Everything looks better when you turn up the Graphic Detail. Supported threads.
[WWW]
TheBuzzard

Civilized Sporeon

I am currently in the Andromeda Galaxy, amassing a fleet to destroy you. Please hold.

Planet busters are designed to kill the Grox - there are (old) reports of Grox recolonising previously terraformed planets, so the planet buster is the only sure-fire way to get rid of them. All you need now is alot of cash and 99 planets occupied by Warriors (they sell explosives cheap )

The optimist sees a glass as half full, the pessimist sees the glass as half empty and The Grox sees the glass as a threat and blasts it to pieces.

will2live

Multicellular

I won't give the city. But in the U.S. surrounded by a metaphorical time bomb, waiting for it go off

For pete's sake-a planet buster is fine, terraforming is fine, antimatter weapons are fine, regular weapons are fine.......
But it all goes back to searching before you post. These were ideas that were posted on the first five pages.
So don't keep suggesting them. Read earlier posts. There is no quick way to beat the grox. That's it. End of story.
Hopefully end of this repetition.

BBeast

Civilized Sporeon

will2live wrote:For pete's sake-a planet buster is fine, terraforming is fine, antimatter weapons are fine, regular weapons are fine.......
But it all goes back to searching before you post. These were ideas that were posted on the first five pages.
So don't keep suggesting them. Read earlier posts. There is no quick way to beat the grox. That's it. End of story.
Hopefully end of this repetition.

I'm don't think anyone would have said Imagination before. But you're right, your summary sums it all up. It's just that posters don't give up.

I am BBeast, who is a male. Everything looks better when you turn up the Graphic Detail. Supported threads.
[WWW]
Scotterra

Microbe

The 16th dimension, torax, pinsaria (In a fish tank)

Most people know there is two badges, one for allying the grox and one for destroying.

So, you ally the grow by doing 500... no... 60000000000 missions for them, giving 99999999 spucks and stuff,break galactic code, then after that just go on a destroy them...

Yeah... destroying them...

I give you some clues:
Zealot- fanatical frenzy.
Scientist- gravitation wave.
Shaman- return ticket.

Seeeee????

When you think you are the last sane person to live, you have lost your marbles.

'Roses are red, violets are blue, you are so pretty and I love you true!' The Moozila sung.
'But the roses are dying, the violets are dead, the garden is empty and so is your head!' said the female Saphian back.
will2live

Multicellular

I won't give the city. But in the U.S. surrounded by a metaphorical time bomb, waiting for it go off

I'm don't think anyone would have said Imagination before. But you're right, your summary sums it all up. It's just that posters don't give up.

No, but imagination won't kill them. This thread should die.

BBeast

Civilized Sporeon

will2live wrote:

No, but imagination won't kill them. This thread should die.

That is true. Maybe we could post a method on how to kill this thread (for example, stop posting. I'll follow my own advice because I see not much point in chasing this thread anymore).

[WWW]
Sealim

Civilized Sporeon

Cheats and fanatical frenzy.

Just keep using setConsequencetraitspace_zealot or however it goes.

[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
_Cepholapoid_

Multicellular

Well..... If you want to destroy all the Grox colonies, but some are out of reach, make some allies and ask them to declare war on them . But be sure that they are in the area of the colony that you cant reach!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/27/2010 15:24:09

Attakus

Microbe

Ahh, yes. This makes since. The staff of life! Thats what its for. Terraform and destroy.

"The very basic core of a man's spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy in life comes from adventures..."
-Chris McCandless
Exodus74

Microbe

Attakus wrote: Ahh, yes. This makes since. The staff of life! Thats what its for. Terraform and destroy.

i personally think using the staff of life on a Grox planet just to destroy it is a waste. It's only got 42 charges, and after that, it's just a keepsake. Why waste it on a Grox planet when you can go terraform Ganymede, or Jupiter (just examples. I wouldn't terra anything in Sol, personally.)

As for defeating the grox, I'm taking it planet by planet in a small area near multiple allies who sell essential equipment (repair packs, etc). it's really easy when you got a mega bomb, one shot, one kill (Unless you count the thousands of Grox in the city, that is....). It's always a good choice to carry a few antimatter missiles too, especially if your planning to go on a bombing run and destroy multiple colonies before retreating, as those Grox can really gang up on ya!
DivineDarkEvil

Microbe

The Grox have 4,200 planets under their command. I think thats something like 2,400 systems. [I read this somewhere before]

There is a mod I believe which takes the number of down to 240 planets.

I suppose killing grox is how you earn the over 100 hours playing spore badge.

But this mod is the only way in which to honestly kill them faster. I'd take 240 over 4,200 anyday of the week.

I'm a warrior class but since I got to space, I've been really nice to avoid war. I keep having trouble with this stage. I'm so use to just dominate, hack and slash and shoot games that alliences and so on are kind of new to me. I spent too much time playing Soul Calibur 3 and the dot hack games.

Anyways, the only problem with this mod is, I beleive it has to be loaded and installed before you do ANYTHING. Meaning you can't just upload it when you decide to start a new game, this mod has to be placed before you even start your first game.

So that means deleting all your other games and making it so it's a fresh start completely, imput the code and killing the grox will go a little faster.

Currently I'm trying to avoid the grox at all costs. I star jump and galaxy hop. I avoid wormholes and black holes at all cost. Yeah, I took the long way around.

I'm brand new to the spore universe. I have core spore, C&C and GA. I'm eager to learn how to make amazing creatures!
will2live

Multicellular

NOOOOOOOOO!
Not more bumps! Just read earlier posts. Now you people have got ME repeating MYSELF. Yes, avoid them if you're small. Not to be mean, but you people are pointless! You must let it go.

KymarEmpire

Microbe

Make no mistake the Grox take forever to defeat. I have tried this method to small extent and have managed to create a little area within Grox territory which is under my control.

(May have been mentioned before havent read a lot of previous posts)
You may have noticed several wormholes in the middle of the Grox zones. Jumping through the wormhole in the middle of the zone and setting up a stable colony at the exit of the wormhole will provide the backbone of your attack. Because the colony is not in direct line with grox worlds the chance of attack is much less, as well as an easy access to supplies and health, not to mention easily defendable

Basically my strategy on combating Grox involves many anti-matter bombs/missiles (obvious), pulse/mega lasers, terraforming tools and the shield/cloaking devices. Terraforming renders the planet unhabitable so grox cannot establish fortified colonies after destroying a previous one on the same planet. With a very accessible close supply colony there is no need to build colonies within the grox zone, and simply bombard, wipe out each colony system by system.

So far for me it has worked, ive managed to create a somewhat big hole in the middle of Grox territory and i'll continue this.

Of course you could ally them... but wheres the fun in that!
monsterlord

Microbe

Lawl @ the above poster completely ignoring what was said about letting the topic die.

Forum Index » Spore Hints and Strategy
Go to: