The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Patch 5: Asymmetry Notes  XML
Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
SporeMasterDOGC_Kyle

Civilized Sporeon

The South of the North (Southern Ontario, Canada)

That last one was quite funny, but please try not to post in threads older than a month.

Kyle N // SporeMaster DOGC_Kyle
Volunteer Moderator // Not an EA/Maxis Employee

Forum Guidelines // Master Help Directory (Spore Tech Help) // Spore Registration FAQ // Game Update FAQ

I can be contacted by email at: KyleN @live .ca or on Discord
Adolescent167

Microbe

MaxisCactus wrote:Readme Notes for Asymmetry Feature

We've added the ability to make your creations asymmetric in the editors! Hold down the "A" key while the mouse is over a limb or detail. The asymmetry icon appears on the cursor to indicate asymmetry is enabled.

Click and drag the part to a new location, it will separate from its normal symmetric partner and be free to move around the creation on its own.

Supported editors

• Creature Editor
• All Creature Outfitters
• All Vehicle Editors
• UFO Editor

Controls

• A + Click : Make a part asymmetric
• A + Drag : Move part asymmetrically
• A + Mousewheel : Scale part asymmetrically
• A + Drag from Palette : Create a new asymmetric part
Control-F : While an asymmetric part is selected, will "flip" that part (for example will turn a left hand into a right hand, and vice versa)

Notes:

• Once a part is asymmetric, you don't need to hold down the "A" key for manipulations.
• Once a part is asymmetric, it cannot be converted back to a symmetric part.

Budget Notes

Note that when you drag a part from the palette the money taken from your budget actually buys you two parts instead of one. Therefore if you use asymmetry to sell only *one* of those parts, you won't get any money back. Only when you sell the final part from the original pair of parts will you get the money back.

Along the same lines, it costs nothing to copy an asymmetric block that has been orphaned in this manner. In order to accomplish this, the editor internally keeps track of links between asymmetric parts.

"Flipping" doesn't work. Anybody have the same problem? Pls help..
cub1o

Microbe

on my laptop it wont let me do it and i cant find the patch
SporeMasterSlime

Spore Master

cub1o wrote:
on my laptop it wont let me do it and i cant find the patch

Check the sticky in the help section.

Sig by theKatsos

PSN: onewarmslime
[WWW]
Werkylom01

Microbe

How do i get.My Origin got glitched somehow.Right now i'm using a backup i have.I lost all my planets,plus the backup isn't seen as real copy of the game.
uroker2010

Civilized Sporeon

Werkylom01 wrote:How do i get.My Origin got glitched somehow.Right now i'm using a backup i have.I lost all my planets,plus the backup isn't seen as real copy of the game.

See if you back up your game files you wouldn't have a problem re-installing them.

Always keep a copy of all your programs.

If you keep everything together you will do fine.

I don't use origins. (because origins is too glitchy). (yes I tryed origins)

Backup is a good thing. (only for your own use)

This message was edited 8 times. Last update was at 07/24/2012 18:53:47

Spore is up to originally up to 4 discs.
1.C&C: Spore creature creator starter kit (disc)
2.Spore (disc)
3.Spore Creepy & Cute expansion (disc)
4.Spore galactic adventure expansion (disc)
5.Spore Botz expansion. (Dr pepper promo) (download)
6.Dark injection expansion version 7.0.8 mod. (thanks to davopotomus)
Note: I know what all made it to an actual retail disc. (Yes I do keep track of what comes out)
what not made it to disc for PC and console?

If you can't respect me. I can not respect you. respect is earned not given (Agreed)

Nothing is impossible till proven!!!
[WWW] [Yahoo!]
ashkelon

GalacticGod

Werkylom01 wrote:How do i get.My Origin got glitched somehow.Right now i'm using a backup i have.I lost all my planets,plus the backup isn't seen as real copy of the game.

Check in the help section. There is a stickied thread right at the top called something like "before you post" which is really the help FAQ. It will tell you EXACTLY what files to back up, what's in those files, and help walk you through the process. You may still have the files you need on your PC to recover your planets, etc.

I DO use Origin (no ultimate "S"). They had some problems linking products to accounts in the beginning, and if you still run into that, call customer service. They know that it happened and can fix it.

That thread is massive, it has an index to information, and pretty much everything that happens to players is in there. Post in the help section if you continue to have problems, and we'll help you.

Good luck.

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in, hold you in.
***** Text 'upr8rs R h8rs' to 77673 *****

ClawGriffin43

Microbe

WE LOVE YOU MAXIS!!! i have been WAITING and WAITING for asymmetry and i discovered i had it(i was mangling with an asymmetrical snake and noticed the limb doesn't match itself on the other side and i FREAKED. i literally FREAKED.), so i tested around and made a really funny messed up snake named Tangles(cuz he was really tangled up)and he moved HILARIOUSLY around the ring in test drive! i love tangles and he loves me too.

Scourge02,My savior...Take me home? For Spode has found me...
mastermaker02

Microbe

cool, how do I get patch 5?
Baradrim

Microbe

mastermaker02 wrote: cool, how do I get patch 5?

I had to re-install Origin. Then, I played the game. It said that a new update is available, and I updated.

Also, please don't bump "dead" threads.
tonkatsu45

Microbe

MaxisCactus wrote:Readme Notes for Asymmetry Feature

We've added the ability to make your creations asymmetric in the editors! Hold down the "A" key while the mouse is over a limb or detail. The asymmetry icon appears on the cursor to indicate asymmetry is enabled.

Click and drag the part to a new location, it will separate from its normal symmetric partner and be free to move around the creation on its own.

Supported editors

• Creature Editor
• All Creature Outfitters
• All Vehicle Editors
• UFO Editor

Controls

• A + Click : Make a part asymmetric
• A + Drag : Move part asymmetrically
• A + Mousewheel : Scale part asymmetrically
• A + Drag from Palette : Create a new asymmetric part
• Control-F : While an asymmetric part is selected, will "flip" that part (for example will turn a left hand into a right hand, and vice versa)

Notes:

• Once a part is asymmetric, you don't need to hold down the "A" key for manipulations.
• Once a part is asymmetric, it cannot be converted back to a symmetric part.

Budget Notes

Note that when you drag a part from the palette the money taken from your budget actually buys you two parts instead of one. Therefore if you use asymmetry to sell only *one* of those parts, you won't get any money back. Only when you sell the final part from the original pair of parts will you get the money back.

Along the same lines, it costs nothing to copy an asymmetric block that has been orphaned in this manner. In order to accomplish this, the editor internally keeps track of links between asymmetric parts.
Smokestar87

Microbe

I love the patch but it seems to me as if spore is dead buT I love da game

but i dont wana go outside dad its a perfeft day to bindge on netflix!
[ICQ]
Davopotamus

Civilized Sporeon

Smokestar87 wrote:I love the patch but it seems to me as if spore is dead buT I love da game

not another noob who has just joined the forum and thinks the game is dead...

Davo@Youtube | DavoOnline.com | DarkEdge Editor Tutorials

DarkSpore in Spore Yeah, just click it.
Mr. General Discussion, at your service.

Sporum Fact: The first link bomb fired on September 18, 2012 @ 6:30 pm, I'm sorry...

[WWW]
Kalalex

Microbe

I opened spore, clicked on download patch and it successfully downloaded, clicked on install patch and it successfully installed, re-opened spore, tells me I need to patch again? I say later and check the asymmetry feature and it's not there... I have downloaded/installed this patch three times now to no success.

help me?
Flamin_wolf

Microbe

Davopotamus wrote:
Smokestar87 wrote:I love the patch but it seems to me as if spore is dead buT I love da game

not another noob who has just joined the forum and thinks the game is dead...

If spore isn't dead then why doesn't Maxis release more patches and expansions. I really would have liked to see all the routes they could have taken. They still have an unfinished plant editor. Plus they only added an expantion to space stage. They could add to the other stages as well.

Forum Index » Spore General Discussion
Go to: