The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 

NOTE: The Sporum is migrating to EA’s Answers HQ forum environment. The Sporum is currently in Read-Only mode and will remain so for a period of time. For more information about the move and the new location, please see this post

How to ally with the Grox. *spoilers*  XML
Forum Index » Spore Hints and Strategy
GroxLord999

Civilized Sporeon

I've allied with the Grox. Many people think they are REALLY powerful. I agree with them for the most part. After I got my weapons, health ect. maxed out, I really thought the Grox were puny compared to my empire. But that's just me.

This account is inactive. All active posts fall under the username of DarkLord979.
[WWW]
Kyoga

Microbe

i dont think its possible to achive galactic peace becauuse alot of spode followers, grox, pirates, and hostile from the beggining empires however if it is possible then i would love to know how because im tired of not being able to help my allies becuase im allied with everyone (except the grox) therefore not leting me intervene in a fight. i have however converted around 42 star systems with the space zealot power (fanatical frenzy) and i think im just gonna convert all of thier star systems to me btw dont use fanatical freny on anyone else becuae u will lose alliences when u do

in america......(YGOTAS reference ^-^)
Jokie155

Spacefaring Sporeling

Ignore the post count, it is very incorrect.

Galactic Peace = Befriend the kewl guys, discrietly remove those who arent...

suffish

Spacefaring Sporeling

And I'll get to work under the birch tree and I'll make myself tons of TNT!

I'd never ally With the Grox because 99% of the other empires are at war with you for doing so.

GroxLord999

Civilized Sporeon

suffish wrote:I'd never ally With the Grox because 99% of the other empires are at war with you for doing so.

actually it's pretty much 100% and if you do ally, It really isn't that bad. Most empires (the smart ones) hold off their attacks because they are afraid of you. Other empires (the dumb ones) sometimes try to attack you but usually they don't even last 3 seconds.

I recommend all of you to ally. It is very healthy for your empire. And if you're that worried about attacks, just colonize places in Grox territory.

The Grox may own a bunch of stars by the core but in between a lot of those stars there are uncolonized perfectly terrascored planets. Nobody even enters Grox territory. if they do, they won't make it to your colonies. Keep your empire under the shelter of the Grox if you're that worried. Don't be. Allying with the Grox is the right thing to do. Plus, you can destroy the Grox by purchasing all of their systems! If you have the Trader archetype, this should go very smoothly for you!

So go on! Ally! It's best for your empire!

Oh almost forgot to metion! The Grox to me are the most highly recommended allies. Here's why:

1. They never call you for eco disasters because they live on T0 planets
2. They are all powerful and you can have them launch a HUGE invasion on an enemy planet
3. They never ask for help even when an enemy attacks them, they usually can handle it themselves (no-one even attacks them anyway. It would be suicide if they did!)
4. The Grox have awesome cities which you can buy from them.
5. They don't care if you use the religous weapon on them (forget what it's called)
6. You get a secret badge just for allying with them
7. They will let you cross to the core
8. They are awesome

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 11/29/2011 14:38:33

This account is inactive. All active posts fall under the username of DarkLord979.
[WWW]
DiegoT888

Microbe

the grox never attack anyone for me and they never trade with me. is that normal?
TorchwoodArchive

Spacefaring Sporeling

DiegoT888 wrote:the grox never attack anyone for me and they never trade with me. is that normal?

yes

Torchy is an 5poreMasterPwn
[WWW]
DiegoT888

Microbe

Most of my empire is intertwined with the Grox empire. so nobody ever attacks me. yeah and so far i have converted like 50 of their stars and they don't even care. i guess cause it breaks the galactic code. another cool thing about the grox is that when u convert their systems u get to keep all of the buildings even though its a T0 planet. thats why i convert most of the inner planets because they have cool buildings.
Tokoshoran

Multicellular

I remember reading somewhere that if you take over the planet by purchasing the system, the colony keeps the Grox technology, allowing you to buy it from there.

I believe that's what people are referring to by trading with them outside of the trade-routes.

DiegoT888

Microbe

TheAngelofDeath wrote:Well I had only one person break their alliance and not go to war with me, but thats a neautral stance, other than that, I think it would be really hard to still have allies or even neautral friends.

it is hard unless you have a lot of money. when your allies go to war with you for allying with the grox you can give them 3,000,000 dollars and they will be friends with you or at least neutral and the deduction for allying the grox will be gone.
catfan123

Microbe

AndrewBot88 wrote:
Ian_BC_North wrote:Repairs & recharges are expensive, you are better off carrying repair and charge packs.
Buying planetary systems is usually cheap when trade routes mature. I usually pay 1,000,000 each. I save beforehand and then reload & offer more if necessary. I think that I have bought over 200 systems and only paid more than 1,000,000 on two occasions. I think that both those systems had storybook planets in them.

Other than the above, the Grox don't sell anything.

wait, they don't? So i have to bring all my colony incredi-packs with me?
If you want to make a lot of money, press ctrl, c, and shift all at the same time. Then type, "moremoney". No space. If you do that, you will get 1 million Sporebucks.

Taupo

Civilized Sporeon

^ Worth noting that will disable all achievements, and making money is not hard at all with several T3 purple spice planets.

Suspension counter: 100+!
<--My profile.

This signature is dedicated to the assassinated heroes that were MinionJoe, Vilage, Viz, Darwin, Dragonvoid, AaronMk and me now, supposedly.
-My DA-
[WWW]
ashkelon

GalacticGod

Taupo wrote:^ Worth noting that will disable all achievements, and making money is not hard at all with several T3 purple spice planets.

Especially if you look in the stickied thread about hints x stage, and set up your cities for maximum production.

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in, hold you in.
***** Text 'upr8rs R h8rs' to 77673 *****

GroxLord999

Civilized Sporeon

Taupo wrote:^ Worth noting that will disable all achievements, and making money is not hard at all with several T3 purple spice planets.

I have 2 files. One I use with cheats and the other I dont.

[WWW]
SwornGroxEnemy

Microbe

mmph

Space... is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mindbogglingly big it is...
aim icon

Forum Index » Spore Hints and Strategy
Go to: