The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Sumerian/Akkadian warfare  XML
Forum Index » Science and Spore
PrinceShu

Spacefaring Sporeling

A silent room lit only by a flash of white.

Can somone tell me about Sumerian warfare, specifically what units and resources were used? I know they had spearmen and early chariots; are there any others (including more exotic ones, like war elephants?) Were archers common? What about seige engines? Were armies largely civilian militias, or were they professional or mercenaries?

I am hoping history counts as science, after all, Spore has tribal/civilization phases.

[WWW]
AaronMk

GalacticGod

Bronze and shiz.

That's all I know about what they used. Perhaps looking at this for a while will help:

Spears, bows, maybe axes.

OTC | Youtube | Steam|RSBC | The DNR club | DA | ECF | | Unban the ECF forever
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Vilageidiotx

Spacefaring Sporeling

PrinceShu wrote:Can somone tell me about Sumerian warfare, specifically what units and resources were used? I know they had spearmen and early chariots; are there any others (including more exotic ones, like war elephants?) Were archers common? What about seige engines? Were armies largely civilian militias, or were they professional or mercenaries?

I am hoping history counts as science, after all, Spore has tribal/civilization phases.

Mostly copper, wood, and leather armor/weapons. to the furthest of my knowledge, Sumerian fortifications were primitive enough they didn't use siege equipment...

...It would be a while before professional armies, so it would have been a mix between civilian and mercenary.

That's all I can tell you. At that period in history, warfare was very simplistic.

Vilageidiotx is a they!

[WWW] aim icon [ICQ]
PrinceShu

Spacefaring Sporeling

A silent room lit only by a flash of white.

Vilageidiotx wrote:
PrinceShu wrote:Can somone tell me about Sumerian warfare, specifically what units and resources were used? I know they had spearmen and early chariots; are there any others (including more exotic ones, like war elephants?) Were archers common? What about seige engines? Were armies largely civilian militias, or were they professional or mercenaries?

Mostly copper, wood, and leather armor/weapons. to the furthest of my knowledge, Sumerian fortifications were primitive enough they didn't use siege equipment...

...It would be a while before professional armies, so it would have been a mix between civilian and mercenary.

That's all I can tell you. At that period in history, warfare was very simplistic.

So how about the economy?

[WWW]
AaronMk

GalacticGod

Beer and barley.

Vilageidiotx

Spacefaring Sporeling

AaronMk wrote:Beer and barley.

What else do you need?

Vilageidiotx is a they!

[WWW] aim icon [ICQ]
AaronMk

GalacticGod

Aside from ziggurats and cuneiform not much else.

Although, no one likes building ziggurats and cuneiform is a pain to write with (I imagine) so all anyone would need is beer and the ingredients to make it.

Vilageidiotx

Spacefaring Sporeling

AaronMk wrote:Aside from ziggurats and cuneiform not much else.

Although, no one likes building ziggurats and cuneiform is a pain to write with (I imagine) so all anyone would need is beer and the ingredients to make it.

After a long day of inventing human civilization, nothing better then a room temperature cup of chunky ancient beer.

Vilageidiotx is a they!

[WWW] aim icon [ICQ]
AaronMk

GalacticGod

And maybe some pork and goat.

Forum Index » Science and Spore
Go to: