The Sporum - The Official Spore Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
[Login] Login 
Spore won't install!  XML
Forum Index » Spore Help
Fleenook

Civilized Sporeon

It won't even recognize that it's in the dvd drive!

[Email]
icecristal73

Microbe

Does your drive work with other games? It might be broken, If it is then you'll have to get a new one.

<-- Clicky!!!
Fleenook

Civilized Sporeon

DVD drive is busted.

[Email]
34j6_3

Civilized Sporeon

The best thing is to get a new drive somehow. It would fix, and so, Spore would work.

this alt is no longer used
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
chips-never957

Microbe

my DVD drive DOES work with other games ,CDs, and DVDs the disk doesn't have ANY scratches, and i've installed it in anther computer before. the problem is, that computer chrashed a while ago

help
sharples88

Civilized Sporeon

chips-never957 wrote:my DVD drive DOES work with other games ,CDs, and DVDs the disk doesn't have ANY scratches, and i've installed it in anther computer before. the problem is, that computer chrashed a while ago

help

Try going into:

Start > My Computer. then it should be there

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/02/2011 05:01:06

[Email]
Drew980

GalacticGod

Get a new driver or just a brand new CD dive. It could also be your game if its really badly scratched.

SporeMasterSlime

Spore Master

If the DVD driver is not functioning properly you can probably get an external one much easily, whether you have a desktop or a laptop (although if you have the former a replacement would be more convenient).

You can also try contacting support and ask them for a digital download; include account info and serial numbers and explain your situation.
How to contact Technical Support - USA and other countries
http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/184.page#678

VLADISLAV! BABY DON'T HURT ME DON'T HURT ME NO MORE
[url=http://cristgaming.com/pirate.swf]/url]
[Email] [WWW]
Toki-Bear

Microbe

I actually don't know if this directly relates, but my disc isn't too badly scratched, but one of the scratches runs perpendicular, and the installation process stops before it finishes. I was wandering if it is possible to provide the correct information and download the game to my computer instead, because I'm really wanting to play again since I got a new computer.

I would love to continue playing Spore, but since I can't install the game again, I'm very disheartened.
I'm assuming I will need to attempt to repair the disc, buy a new copy of the game, or miss out on one of my favorite games.

Edit: My apoligies, I completely missed what SporeMasterSlime suggested because I had the message screen up while he was posting. I will attempt contacting support.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 01/02/2011 18:30:27

[Yahoo!] [MSN]

Forum Index » Spore Help
Go to: